Home General Discussion

South East Herf!!

Comments

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Is this thing still looking like a possibility?

"Long ashes my friends."

• ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I'm absolutely still hoping this happens. I am in Texas until next weekend, but pretty much any weekend after that would be alright for me. The date isn't that much of a concern for me, I'll just need to make sure I can make the trip in a normal weekend because of work.
  • Rocky Patel is in town Friday March 5th, too bad you can't make that. Just give a little notice of when so we can plan.
  • I live near I-20 let's do an atl weekend they have a quaint little bar called cigar times there near the dome we can stay at the mariott Marquis in down town atl!
    jacketsrule:
    Rocky Patel is in town Friday March 5th, too bad you can't make that. Just give a little notice of when so we can plan.
    Tobacco World always has things going on, I'm sure when it gets a little warmer we probably could pick a weekend coinciding w/ an event there.

"Long ashes my friends."

• JZJZ Posts: 827
    I'm still down with this.
    So, I hope this is still a possibility... I am heading to Poland for a little bit of work/play for the month of May and I will return with some "extra" cigar cash and a lot of vacation days to burn. We should set something up now for mid-June-ish if that is possible..? I am all about traveling to ATL aas it seemsto be easiest for most of us here in the South East. Any idea/support for this still??
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    Funny you should post about this, I was just wondering what ever happened to the plans. I work every other weekend, but if its my off weekend I will definetly be there.
    June sounds good for me too. Jully will be a no go, since the new baby will be here by then.

"Long ashes my friends."

• doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Despite my newbiness I'd be very interrsted in a herf with you fine gentlemen. I'm pretty close to all the locations mentioned and have weekends off. Anytime June-ish should work for me.

With as many B&Ms we have around here I'm sure we could line up a weekend that hits an event or two. Just doing some quick surfing and none of the ones I've been to have anything posted. I'll give a few a call as I get some (non-work) time.

So, I have been thinking about this a bit lately. How does the end of June sound for everyone? If there are any events going on at some B&M's in Atlanta lets hear some suggestions maybe? A Saturday afternoon/evening would be best for me to allow for some travel time. What say Ye?
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I live near Charlotte in SC, I have some much over-due vacation time left I just lack a means of transportation, despite being new to these boards I would love to do a herf with y'all.
    Hayblet:
    I live near Charlotte in SC, I have some much over-due vacation time left I just lack a means of transportation, despite being new to these boards I would love to do a herf with y'all.
    Transportation is definitely doable. I wouldn't have a problem stopping by and picking you up on my way down.
    Awesome, just need a time frame so I can make sure I have enough stock and put the time in off.
    Are you thinking the weekend of June 26th?

"Long ashes my friends."

Krieg:
    That would probably work for me, or even the weekend after July 4th...
    I'm good with pretty much anytime as long as I can get advance notice
    ejenne87:
    Krieg:
    That would probably work for me, or even the weekend after July 4th...
    This weekend probably won't be good....expecting my new baby boy that weekend :)

"Long ashes my friends."

/bump maybe able to make a weekend out of it with roomies if I can get somewhat of a solid date
    Sounds like we're back to talking about June 26th then.

Any BOTLS planning on making this herf that couldn't make 6/26?
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    If I were going to try to make it to this Herf, that week 26th June would not work for me. Although it is not a sure thing I will make it so don't plan around me.
    sort of a bump since I found this on page 6... is it still gonna happen? if so... when?
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    You guys can pretty much count me out. Not because I wouldn't be able to get the time off from work or make the trip down but my dad is coming in from Seattle in June. Too bad I was looking forward to making the trip out to meet some of you east coasters.
    sadface how else am I gonna bomb you IRL? (with stick of course) :(
  • jacketsrulejacketsrule Posts: 401
    Ready when you are
    I'm good with the 26th.

"Long ashes my friends."

is there anyone still interested in this?

"Long ashes my friends."

I am but budget wise I can't really afford anything now
    I'm still up for it. Schedule is going to get a bit more hectic as I need to get my house ready for renting ASAP for family.

I would be down for just a GA herf as well if our BOTLs from other states can't make it.
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    My local B+M is have a Padron event with a few of the Padron family on the 26th. About 30-45mins south of the ATL. I will be there and it would be cool to see some of you guys too.