Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    vankleekkwvankleekkw Posts: 404
    EXCELLENT. I think that it is the best size out of the mix.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Oh, man, I had a great mild cigar tonight. 5 Vegas Gold Torpedo, copliments of Scrambler in his Fun & Games package. This is the best mild cigar I've ever had in my entire life. I had this ranked high on my must-try list and was pleased to see it arrive in that package. The best part is that I've got a churchill waiting in the wings that I received from Urby just a couple days later! woo-hoo! More details to come in Pick Joe's Smoke.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406

Today was a Legends Rocky Patel. My 2nd one - this one was way better than the first which was pretty good too.

Tonight was a 5 Vegas Serie A Apex. It was so delicious I had to have a 2nd one, but sized down to the robusto.

• Options
    It is a good smoke. Real creamy, but a little pepper too. Great flavor for a smoke on the mild side.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Well, the Zino Platinum Scepter was a bit disappointing. It's a beautiful cigar, as one would expect from Davidoff, and extremely well constructed, but there's just not much flavor. What flavor there is is nice enough -- very woody with peppery overtones -- there's just not enough of it.

Still, if you prefer mild cigars and are looking for perfectos to try, you could do a lot worse than this one.
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Hey Duty, glad you enjoyed that 5V Gold.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I had a Toraño 1916 Cameroon torpedo tonight. It is a good cigar, but I prefer the corona.
  • Options
    Getting on the skinny cigar bandwagon, Joe? :)
  • Options
    hehe, yeah I am making a shift in that direction. I'd say right now coronas and lonsdales are my favorite vitolas, but who knows, could just be a phase.
  • Options
    Yup. Aside from being a bit brief for me, the corona is a winner. What are the official definitions of lancero and lonsdale, anyway? I know they're both long and skinny, but I don't know what their comparative dimensions are (or are supposed to be).
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Rocky Patel Edge Maduro... Oh so tasty while doing a training at work!
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    urbino:
    What are the official definitions of lancero and lonsdale, anyway? I know they're both long and skinny, but I don't know what their comparative dimensions are (or are supposed to be).
    lonsdales are about 6.25 to 6.5 or so inches 40-44 ring. a lancero is in the neighborhood of 7 inches ans a ring of 38-40. a long panatella is up to 7 inches and 35-38 ring gauge.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Have you seen the RP lanceros, they look more in the 30 ring guage.
  • Options
    nope. havent seen one.
  • Options
    wilbr11wilbr11 Posts: 49
    I know this is a long shot, but has anyone ever had a Gurkha His majesty's reserve?
  • Options
    "go long"
    "ok" ...starts running
    "keep going"
    keeps running while looking over the shoulder
    "KEEP GOING!"
    "ok" from in the distance
    "a little more"

looking over the shoulder and running off the edge of a cliff "okaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh"thump

never had one
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    wilbr11:
    I know this is a long shot, but has anyone ever had a Gurkha His majesty's reserve?
    No and I wouldn't if I was a billionaire! $750 for a flavored cigar, hmmppphhh
  • Options
    wilbr11wilbr11 Posts: 49
    LOL. I figured this would be the case just curious. LMAO
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    urbino:
    What are the official definitions of lancero and lonsdale, anyway? I know they're both long and skinny, but I don't know what their comparative dimensions are (or are supposed to be).
    lonsdales are about 6.25 to 6.5 or so inches 40-44 ring. a lancero is in the neighborhood of 7 inches ans a ring of 38-40. a long panatella is up to 7 inches and 35-38 ring gauge.
    Thanks, kuz.
  • Options
    SacNickSacNick Posts: 77
    I had a 5 Vegas Classic with my friend for his birthday last night. He says his was good, while mine seemed to get sour towards the middle. I was rather disappointed with it. Both of them were in my humidor, bought and each sat for the same time. Oh well.
  • Options
    urbino:
    kuzi16:
    urbino:
    Thanks, kuz.
    Im here for YOU!!

... and the cigars.
  • Options
    I feel the love.
  • Options
    Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    My order finally came in, and so to celebrate I am heading out to the loading dock with a Cusano Cuvee Blanc to give that a try. :D God, I love getting cigar orders ;)
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Smoke=Fire:
    My order finally came in, and so to celebrate I am heading out to the loading dock with a Cusano Cuvee Blanc to give that a try. :D God, I love getting cigar orders ;)
    Cusano has some great cigars, and Cuvee Blanc is one of my favorites. I found this one last year and after trying just one knew There would always be some in my humidor. I predict You will like that a lot.
  • Options
    I've got one in the humi from a Cusano sampler. Looking forward to it.
  • Options

Today I did a Legends Graycliff - so far I have thoroughly enjoyed every Legends line I have tried. To date, I would say the Matasa is my favorite. Have also tried the Cusano and RP. Got a bid on the La Aurora which I hope to win.

Tonight I had a Gurkha Centurian perfecto. This was an exceptional smoke!

• Options
    Tonight I finally dug out one of the Rocky Patel Fusion Doube Maduro toros that I've had since January. And boy was it a nice cigar, a very slow burner with a draw that was a bit tighter than I prefer. Very nice flavor profile, and just an all around smooth smoke. I think I've got two left....I'm gonna be sad when I smoke them.
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    I'm smoking a Bauza tonight (Thanks Kas). This thing is fantastic. I'd read the rumors, but tasting is believing. Half the stick was burned before the solid white ash let go, and even then only half the ash fell. Another excellent smoke from the Fuente factory that will make its way into my permanent rotation. At least this one isn't nearly as pricey as the Anejo.
  • Options
    Kas also blessed me with a couple of those. Still got 'em resting right now.

You should try the lancero, Joe. :)
  • Options
    I just had a Graycliff 1997. Very good smoke. Worth the money? Maybe. It produced a terrific amount of smoke for so petite a cigar; I think it might have violated the law of conservation of mass. And it was very tasty. It gave me some idea what the point of extreme (IMO) aging is for. Its flavors were very blended. Unified. I can't say it tasted like anything in particular, other than itself: a very good cigar.

I'd give it a 9.0.

And now I'm going back out for a Nestor Reserve Maduro.