Home General Discussion
Options

Crash course in putting pictures on a post.........

firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
Can anyone give me a crash course on the how too put photos on a post. All looks easy untill you try. Thanks BOTL's.

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Hope this helps.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Short of it - upload photo to imageshack or another free website, then when it's uploaded, click the picture, then click it again until it's the only thing on an otherwise white screen. Copy the URL from the top, then insert it into a post. Once you've pasted the link in, put this tag (without the quotes, and without the spaces, but with the brackets) on the left side: "[ img ]", then on the right side put this: "[ /img ]" <---note the forward slash and brackets
  • Options
    For f#&% sake.....
  • Options
    Ok got the picture on the post but its HUGE....... I used imageshack, is there a way to make them smaller?
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    firetruckguy:
    Ok got the picture on the post but its HUGE....... I used imageshack, is there a way to make them smaller?
    I'm not familiar with imageshack, as I use photobucket, but on photobucket there is an option to resize your photo. You're shooting for something in the EDIT: 320x240 - 640x480 pixel range to get something that's big enough to see, but won't destroy the page.

Edit: size example...this is a 320x240 (would you believe this is my brother???? lol)

640x480
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Ok phuckin A...it won't show my 320x240 right... Well basically it's half the size of the pictures that you see.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I will try again tomorrow to make them smaller.
  • Options
    TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    IMG_2497
  • Options
    Yeah, this site is a bit different. I use Flickr, and they have a spot below your photos to copy and past the HTML code instead of the URL. That worked for me with out having to type anything additional. That's my dog wondering why we aren't in the basement yet.
  • Options
    IMG_0003
  • Options
    JZJZ Posts: 827
    I use photobucket. Upload your picture there, then use the IMG code on here. I just posted a snow and cigars post 1 minute ago using the method.
  • Options
    The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    Theedge:
    Yeah, this site is a bit different. I use Flickr, and they have a spot below your photos to copy and past the HTML code instead of the URL. That worked for me with out having to type anything additional. That's my dog wondering why we aren't in the basement yet.

Dear God I would have been S^$%ing myself by that point and you had time to take a picture ?
  • Options
    That was just this past summer. I started snapping a few photos of the "big clouds", by the time I took that one I started to notice the debris in the air. I ran to the basement right after that photo. The tornado came with in about 200 yards of my house, and then turned and went around me. I could feel all of the air being sucked out of the house, and the garage door was making terrible sounds as it started to buckle. I skuzzed out with about $1500.00 in damage.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Theedge:
    I skuzzed out with about $1500.00 in damage.
    Does that include the replacement underwear?
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    zoom6zoom:
    Theedge:
    I was reading the story waiting for "...and then i *** my pants"
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    zoom6zoom:
    Theedge:
    I was reading the story waiting for "...and then i *** my pants"
    Well he did say he "Skuzzed" so that is what I took from that word
  • Options
    OK thanks Hays for you info........and everyone else also.........lets give this a try........

• Options
    shawtdshawtd Posts: 72
    Forgive me. I'm trying to learn to upload a pic.

• Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    gosh..they are all NAKED..what FUN!!!
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Theedge:
    IMG_2497
    Here's charlie as a pup... he was about 10 months or so...Photobucket

Photobucket

i know this isn't a "i love my dog so here's pictures" thread, but what the hell.... I lvoe my dog so here are some pictures
  • Options
    Good lookin pup man. I had a Boxer when I was a kid, they're really family good dogs.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    JohnnySlickster:
    Good lookin pup man. I had a Boxer when I was a kid, they're really family good dogs.
    thanks... he's 4 and a half now, those pics are old, but they are my favorites...
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    figured it out, thanks
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Go to somebody's post that has a picture and quote it. That way you can see what the picture address looks like. Sometimes when you are at your photo on whatever photo site you use and copy the html address for the photo it gives you more than you need and you have to do a little deleting to get just the part of the address you need.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    MVW67:
    Need help from the forum on how to post pictures.
  • Options
    finally
  • Options
  • Options
    Bucking_WBucking_W Posts: 208 ✭✭
    I just learned how to today and photo bucket made it simple with there links attached for HTML, nice Deer uh?.
  • Options
    Nice muley, congrats