Home General Discussion

2nd Annual Chicago Herf dec 7th--1st Post updated! Read please

TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
Hey everyone, I would like to throw the idea of doing another herf in chicago. Last year we had a great time at Casa and let's try to relieve some of those moments. I would like to throw out the dates of Dec 7th. We are looking into when Casa does their Holiday event, since that seems to be a great time to do it...If you're interested in making the trek, please post up which day works for you, and if both work then just say that...if neither work...throw out an alternate...

NEW UPDATED!!!!

I just want to clear the air. For the record I am not going to bomb anyone at this herf. Couple of things you should consider:
1. As last year, I am going to do a pass, the rules are simple. Everyone picks a number out of a hat. And the pass goes in order. You do not have to participate, it is all for fun. The pass will go around as many times as someone wants to take from the bag. No limits on takes or puts. This pass is not for collecting. Everything you take out of the bag you must smoke that day. As before, Barry will be setting up the bag, he has already agreed to do it.
2. Entry fee is a hat for greg
3. Casa does not sell alcohol. so if you want some, you need to bring some, or arrange for it to arrive there for you.
4. Please PM me your phone number if you are coming so that we can all meet up appropriately.

List of Attendees
1. Trident (Roman)
2. MVW (Mike)
3. SleevePls(Tony)
4. Bearb (Barry)
5. CurtPick (Curt)
6. KingJk729
7. Tyland64 (Luke)
8. jthantos (enemy of silver surfer)
9. Greg2648 (bear)
10. DaddyIrish (thantos target)
11.TheDJFISH (Joe)
12. Glock1975 (bunking with brett while he is worked over by thantos)
13. Puffmaster (Wookie, if you don;t know what it is, look it up in Urban dictionary)
14. KUSH--newb
15. Railjockey (mike)

As I get your PMs i will update the list. I am going to try to get the private room in their lounge for us...

Comments

• SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I'll check with the boss, but I definitely want to make it this year.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    Man I would love to come out to chicago and herf, and get to meet some great botl. But timing right now for me is not good. Someday. I hope
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will keep it in mind....see if it can happen...it would be cool!!
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Does it Rain in Chicago?
  • I'm in. Either day is cool
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    chRONic527:
    I'm in. Either day is cool
    Think I am good with either day....:-) :-) :-)
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    flights are looking pretty reasonable for dec 7th weekend for me. so that's very promising. now I need to look into hotel and transportation... It's looking promising though. If any of you guys want to car pool (I'll of course chip in for gas) and want to split a hotel room, let me know. I'm all about being cheap in terms of the transportation and lodging accomodations haha.
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Umm...carpool from Cali? I'll split a hotel with you. I think dec 7th works better for me since I have to work the weekend of the 14th. Anyone against it being dec 7th?
    Trident:
    Umm...carpool from Cali? I'll split a hotel with you. I think dec 7th works better for me since I have to work the weekend of the 14th. Anyone against it being dec 7th?
    oh no. I meant fly to chicago. after landing chicago, figuring out transporation and lodging.
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    Can I join in? Either works for me.
    hell yes luke!
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Luke are you thinking fling in or driving in??? What's the addy for the herf ...... I really think this is a possibility for . Is it Casa De MonteCristo?
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    I might fly. It's $ 224.00 rdt out of Rochester into O'Hare. Are you thinking about driving or flying ? It looks like about 10 hours of driving or so. Let me know what your thinking
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    It's a lil less for me out of buffalo ...... And both are direct flights ..... Hmmmmm drive nine hours each way or 55 minute flights each way ...... Flying is the way. I need to look into this More.
    kingjk729:
    Luke are you thinking fling in or driving in??? What's the addy for the herf ...... I really think this is a possibility for . Is it Casa De MonteCristo?
    yes at casa
  • Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    I can probably make that long trip to casa.
    Rail Jockey:
    I can probably make that long trip to casa.
    Lol, road trip down the block!!!
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Will try to remember to call Sam soon to firm up the date of the sale.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    rome, let me know so i can get a couple days off
    The date is going to be December 7th. People can start getting time off and looking for and arranging travel plans. Sam is not back in town until even of November, so if we wait for him it will never happen. Executive decision...Dec 7th, casa de montecristo in Chicago. Time will be updated...
    bearb:
    Will try to remember to call Sam soon to firm up the date of the sale.
    http://www.8to8cigars.net/UPCOMING_EVENTS.html. Date confirmed for Christmas sale!
    Can we talk about lodging and transportation logistics? Who here is down to split a hotel? I also need to figure out a way to get around. Ideas?
    jliu:
    Can we talk about lodging and transportation logistics? Who here is down to split a hotel? I also need to figure out a way to get around. Ideas?
    Why don't you read.....LOL
    Trident:
    Also if Katie doesn't come all good with me Roomie, when are you flying in? Could work on transportation
    MVW67:
    jliu:
    Trident:
    Also if Katie doesn't come all good with me Roomie, when are you flying in? Could work on transportation
    doh! my bad

I prefer to fly in Dec 6 in the afternoon or Dec 5 at night time. If I were to make this trip work, ideally, I'd like to go out there for the entire weekend and actually explore Chicago this time around. I doubt any of the guys going will want to do that w/ me though haha. Maybe I'll bring my girlfriend to Chicago with me but just send her to the spa on the actual day of the herf (7th)
    jliu:
    MVW67:
    jliu:
    Trident:
    doh! my bad

I prefer to fly in Dec 6 in the afternoon or Dec 5 at night time. If I were to make this trip work, ideally, I'd like to go out there for the entire weekend and actually explore Chicago this time around. I doubt any of the guys going will want to do that w/ me though haha. Maybe I'll bring my girlfriend to Chicago with me but just send her to the spa on the actual day of the herf (7th)
    That might work, will have to check schedule
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not fair! I have finals... Dammit
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    jliu:
    MVW67:
    jliu:
    Trident:
    doh! my bad

People seem to be glossing over a major thing here....Snoobie has a girlfriend? I thought Mike W. was ya know his "Main Squeeze"? No?!
    Bombay:
    jliu:
    MVW67:
    jliu:
    Trident:
    doh! my bad

People seem to be glossing over a major thing here....Snoobie has a girlfriend? I thought Mike W. was ya know his "Main Squeeze"? No?!
    hahah yes I do. but you guys are my first love (I can confidently say this b/c she doesnt read ccom boards).
    Jiunn, your gf should have no trouble staying busy in Chicago. My wife goes to Chicago several times a year for shopping. Lots of money to be spent!
    SleevePlz:
    Jiunn, your gf should have no trouble staying busy in Chicago. My wife goes to Chicago several times a year for shopping. Lots of money to be spent!
    right o right o. If I end up going to this thing, you better be there. I got some special cigars for us to smoke