Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

2014 Gang War

SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
2014 Gang War Summer has begun and that means one thing……..GANG WAR!!!! This year, we are going to forgo the East/West teams and instead go with Team Captains and a draft. This seems only fair since the East wins handily every year :) The game will go as follows. On Monday, June 2nd, a member from each team, chosen by their Captain, will launch a bomb at an opposing team member. Shipping USPS Priority means the packages “should” arrive by Thursday. Those two victims will then have until the following Monday to package their bombs up and select a member from the opposing team that hasn’t been hit yet. Their packages should ship on Monday so the process can repeat each week. If Monday doesn’t work, the previous Saturday would be better than shipping later in the week. We want to give the next participants sufficient time to prepare and package up their bombs to be shipped the following Monday. If you wish to participate, you should be an established trader/bomber on this forum. You should also be able to ship your package with less than a week’s notice. The goal is to have 24 participants with 12 on each team. Obviously, any even number will work, but I’d like to keep this to a summer event and 12 weeks would fit nicely for a June/July/August timeframe. When you sign up, please indicate if you would like to be considered for Team Captain. If more than 2 people want to lead, then I will do a random drawing to select our two fearless leaders. Since I led off last year, I’m going to personally pass on this honor and let 2 others take the lead this year. Team Captains will be responsible for having the opposing team’s addresses to give to their members as needed. Once the Captains are selected, they can decide if they want to give their team a theme, how they want to coordinate attacks, etc. Lastly, we should discuss the bombs themselves. Historically, this has been a heavy-hitters game. Last year may have gotten a little carried away. If you participate, your goal should be to send 12 “quality” cigars. These shouldn’t be “budget” cigars, but they also don’t need to be “special occasion” cigars. Think more Padron 64 Corona ($10) and less Padron 80th ($30) or Padron Londres ($4). Make sense? If not, feel free to ask. Once participants are determined and Captains chosen, the Captains will get together and do the draft privately (in pm/vherf/text/whatever works for them). Once their teams have been selected, they will post it up and the trash talking will commence. So, who wants in??? Captains: Trident and thedjfish Participant List: SleevePlz (Trident) -- hit by rsherman smoke em if you got em (Trident) -- hit by firetruckguy FireRob (Fish) -- hit by The Kid Chuck N (Trident) -- hit by Jetmech_63 firetruckguy (Fish) -- hit by bearb danielzreyes (Fish) -- hit by jliu kingjk729 (Fish) -- hit by Bigshizza Jetmech_63 (Fish) -- hit by Royln perkinke (Trident) -- hit by curtiscr79 Toombes (Fish) -- hit by jsnake Bigshizza (Trident) -- hit by Glock1975 Tyland64 (Trident) -- hit by FireRob chrislolds (Trident) -- hit by ckrddsmke ejgorman (Trident) -- hit by matkn293 jsnake (Trident) -- hit by Marker The Kid (Trident) -- hit by DZR onestrangeone (Trident) -- hit by Patrickbrick ckrddsmke (Fish) -- hit by perkinke rsherman24 (Fish) hit by Blutattoo Marker (Fish) -- hit by ejgorman Ehehat (Trident) -- hit by kingjk729 Blutattoo (Trident) -- hit by Darktower007 Greg2648 (Fish) -- hit by SleevePlz matkn293 (Fish) -- hit by chrislolds bearb (Trident) -- hit by Toombes jliu (Trident) -- hit by greg2648 Patrickbrick (Fish) -- hit by onestrangeone Glock1975 (Fish) -- hit by Chuck N Darktower007 (Fish) -- hit by Ehehat curtiscr79 (Fish) -- hit by Tyland64
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in! Oh yeah I will be out for a week in July but I don't think that would be a problem.
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to play if there is room. (I DON'T want to be a captain) Got one week in July I'll be out of town, if that is not good for the war just let me know and I'll decline now.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    As long as everyone knows when you aren't available to play, it shouldn't be an issue. The Captains can just make sure you get bombed in June or August.
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    I am not going to play because I am not yet an established trader/bomber on this forum. But I am curious as to what determines the winning team.
  • Chuck_NChuck_N Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭
    Ill play.
    Chemnitz:
    I am not going to play because I am not yet an established trader/bomber on this forum. But I am curious as to what determines the winning team.
    Didn't I just read a post about you bombing someone? I imagine you qualify if you are interested. As for the winning team, it's all just trash talk. Pretty sure everyone walks away a winner with a participation ribbon :)
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    'East always wins" kiss my fat A hole! West spanks yeasties around every year......

Oh, and I'm in.......
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In sauce son! Get lit Bizchorritoskis!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I'm in.....
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I'm in!
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Count me in!
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Sign me up, boss!
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to play but...with a wedding to plan this summer I think I'm going to be a little distracted. I am going to love watching from the sidelines, though.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in! Thanks Shafty
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    Let's dance
  • curtpickcurtpick Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭
    Sorry guys going to have to bale on this. Have some issues that need taken care of. Next year hopefully. Thanks.
    Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ?  Follow on instagram @crguy1961
    Since no one is mentioning their desire to be a Captain, perhaps we should wait until we have all the participants and then look for a couple volunteers?
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    how many captains? since no east west,or south north,
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    We're still going to just do 2 teams. The game would get confusing in a hurry with more than that.
  • chrisloldschrislolds Posts: 434 ✭✭
    I'm in, I can do this
    SleevePlz:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    We're still going to just do 2 teams. The game would get confusing in a hurry with more than that.
    your no fun, party pooper
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    SleevePlz:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    your no fun, party pooper
    Lol, maybe we can coordinate a "Royal Rumble" style event in the future. Just total mayhem! Btw, are you in on this???
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    I'm in!
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in but can't be a captain and please don't let me be Shizza's target. I don't want to hurt. Oh yeah talking trash already because I don't think any of you fools can hit that hard. ;) gonna be fun beotches.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    I'm in but can't be a captain and please don't let me be Shizza's target. I don't want to hurt. Oh yeah talking trash already because I don't think any of you fools can hit that hard. ;) gonna be fun beotches.

Sucks to be you, dude...
    jsnake:
    Lol, I'm actually hoping to be on the same team as Jim just so he doesn't get to bomb me!
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Chemnitz:
    Didn't I just read a post about you bombing someone? I imagine you qualify if you are interested. As for the winning team, it's all just trash talk. Pretty sure everyone walks away a winner with a participation ribbon :)

Well, if it's OK then I'm in. Thank you so much for being so kind as to let me play, you bunch of pansy shmanzies.
    Chemnitz:
    SleevePlz:
    Chemnitz:

Well, if it's OK then I'm in. Thank you so much for being so kind as to let me play, you bunch of pansy shmanzies.
    Just back up that mouth with some heat!!!! ;)
    sure i'm in , BUUUUUUTTT,
    TAKE YO PANTIES OFF!!!!!!
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Im in. And if no one volunteers i will lead a team