A forum for cigar lovers.

Welcome to Cigar.com Sign in | Join | Help
in

Shoots like a dream

Last post 02-06-2013, 8:53 AM by Steve2010. 12 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous
  • Shoots like a dream

02-04-2013, 5:46 PM

Got the new M4 zeroed in.

Mozambique Drill

"Life's too short to smoke crappy cigars"
  • Re: Shoots like a dream

02-04-2013, 6:05 PM

That's good to hear, looks like a great rifle and is probably a lot of fun on the range.
    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. Frank Sinatra

02-04-2013, 7:58 PM

Gaetano7890:
    That's good to hear, looks like a great rifle and is probably a lot of fun on the range.
    Indeed. More importantly, I've got the wife comfortable with it and past the single shot stage and into firing controlled pairs.

02-04-2013, 9:01 PM

Steve2010:
    Gaetano7890:
    Indeed. More importantly, I've got the wife comfortable with it and past the single shot stage and into firing controlled pairs.
    She will probably be shooting better than you in a couple weeks lol. I have to teach my wife how to fire a handgun as soon as she gets her permit any advice? They wouldn't let her near a bow in gym class during archery week.
    I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. Frank Sinatra

02-04-2013, 9:57 PM

Gaetano7890:
    Steve2010:
    Gaetano7890:
    She will probably be shooting better than you in a couple weeks lol. I have to teach my wife how to fire a handgun as soon as she gets her permit any advice? They wouldn't let her near a bow in gym class during archery week.
    Since I train Soldiers in Basic and Advanced Close Quarters marksmanship, I'm very comfortable teaching, even my wife. As long as you're proficient and patient, you should be able to teach your wife. If not, find a professional shooting instructor.

The best part was teaching her to clean it when we were done.

She knows the names to all of the parts, and didn't mind getting dirty. She also knows that if she doesn't have the time to clean it, then she shouldn't have the time to shoot it.

02-05-2013, 1:54 AM

I don't recall from the picture, do you have collapsable iron sites on that puppy as well?
    If you have to ask if it's plume it's probably mold!

02-05-2013, 8:36 AM

No, no back-up iron. Eventually, but with the limited time I have at home, my goal was to get the wife used to optics.

Firing Controlled Pairs

02-05-2013, 10:06 AM

For the wife. Don't lean back when shooting.

02-05-2013, 11:05 AM

Yea, we're working on proper shooting position. I have her snapping-in (dry, of course) at home.

02-05-2013, 12:27 PM

Next item on the menu: get her comfortable with an AK Big Smile [:D]

Question, challenge, and always keep a fresh battery in your bullshit detector

I want to be candid with you, for candor is a compliment, it speaks of trust and assumes good faith.

02-05-2013, 12:42 PM

xmacro:
    Next item on the menu: get her comfortable with an AK Big Smile [:D]
    Indeed. Back in November, I took her to shoot autos for the first time. She shot a SiG P226, M4, M249 SAW, and M60 machine gun. She REALLY wanted a SAW but had to settle for an M4.

02-06-2013, 12:28 AM

Nice set up! I am having my Spike's Tactical barrel installed on my rifle next week and it will be 95% complete. Nickel Boron BCG should be shipping any day from Fail Zero.
    ~No Jim, don't do it, he's just a baby - bandyt09

02-06-2013, 8:53 AM

jsnake:
    Nice set up! I am having my Spike's Tactical barrel installed on my rifle next week and it will be 95% complete. Nickel Boron BCG should be shipping any day from Fail Zero.
    Post up some pics when it arrives!
View as RSS news feed in XML