Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Johnny 5's 5000th Post Pass -- CLOSED

jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
5000 posts
Wow.

(Pass details directly below, sappy story at the bottom.)

----------------------------------------------

Pass details:

1) Takes/puts
-- Maximum of 5 takes.
-- No limit on puts (keep reading, this will make more sense in a minute, I hope).
-- Please exchange takes / puts for a fair value. But if you're not sure please just ask.

2) Pictures
--- You must post a picture of your takes/puts to this thread. No excuses

3) Voting
(This is the part where I'll really need your help)
--- Everything that's left at the end of the pass will go to one of our fellow forum BOTLs, to be determined by your all's votes.
--- So for each "put" you'll get 1 vote.
--- Multiple puts = multiple votes and you can split your votes however you want....
--- You can vote for anyone on the forums, (except me) even if they're not in the pass, as long as they're on the good traders list and have been active here since 7/1/14.
--- After doing your takes/puts please PM me with your votes.
--- Lastly, as an example of multiple puts = multiple votes ... if you put 3 cigars you would get three votes and could split them like:
a) Adam - 3 votes
b) Adam - 2 votes & Bill - 1 vote
c) Adam - 1 vote & Bill - 1 vote & Carl - 1 vote

4) List of participants
(Sign ups are now closed)

Shipping order below. (This list, along with addresses is in the box.)

(pass start) Me (Johnny 5)
(1) SleevePlz
(2) Avengethis
(3) Patrickbrick
(4) Glock1975
(5) Rsherman24
(6) Ken Light
(7) Allsmokedup
(8) Darktower007
(9) mmccartneydc
(10) Rain
(11) onestrangeone
(12) danielzreyes
(Switched Shizz & Irish since Shizz will be in Chi-town)
(13) 90+ Irishman
(14) BigShizza
(15) jimmyv723
(16) back to Me (to count the votes and maybe add a little something to the box)
EN ROUTE TO WINNER: 9534 6110 7212 5013 6112 62
(End) -- ??? Winner ??? -- to be determined by your all's votes.

Also ... BandyT09 has kindly offered to contribute cigars to the pass.

Sappy story ahead.....

You know, in the past I haven't even noticed my 1000 post "milestones" until I was halfway to the next 1000. (I know, I'm usually too busy being an NCR fluff thread extraordinaire, what can I say. lol)

But man, 5000 posts.
4+ years since my "join date".
And 3+ years I've been very active on here.

Really made me stop and think about all the things that have happened since my first post here.
(First post was here CLICKY CLICK in case anyone's interested)

I've learned more about cigars in the past few years than I could have ever imagined was possible.

I've had some great discussions here about all aspects of life -- from cigars to food to politics to music and just about everything in between.

I've had a chance to smoke some amazing cigars that I'd never have tried otherwise, courtesy of BOTLs on this forum.

I've got to be a part of some pretty cool passes, and some awesome "gang" bombings.

And I've got to witness some seriously over-the-top generosity by the great folks on this forum.
And I'm not just talking about things like the crazy "gang war" bombs.
I'm talking about the bombs that include a bottle of wine to share with a wife, or a hat for someone's son, or donating cigars for an auction to help out a BOTL/SOTL in a time of need.
Don't get me wrong, those ridiculous "gang war" type bombs are fun and I don't want to take anything away from that, but it's those other times that really define this community IMO.
And man, what a hell of a wonderful, caring community it is.

And last but not least, most importantly in my mind I've "met" some great people here and consider y'all lifelong friends.
You guys truly are the best.

I can't explain how happy I am that I found this forum, and how grateful I am to "know" all you BOTLs and be able to consider you my friends. Y'all are great, seriously.

I want to give something back to the people that have done so much for this forum ---- I wish I had a money tree growing in the backyard and I could bomb each and everyone of y'all with a box to celebrate this post, but sadly all I have is a half-dead elm tree and some dandelion weeds.

So instead the contents of this pass will not end up with me, but instead they will go to one of our fellow forum members.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Comments

• mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    John, congrats buddy! Very touching story, but the truth is, I think that is all our stories! This place is an exceptional place with exceptional people. I'd be honored to be in your pass!
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea. I am in.
    Now to decide who to vote for. Probably All Shizz
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    John my man, count me in. Can't wait to cast my votes. It's been a pleasure talking to you over the time we have been on here, and damn we still need to meet up. Congrats on the 5k you are a wonderful member of this crew.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love this idea. I'll get in on it.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats John and I couldn't agree more with your sentiments on the boards! Count me in, congrats and I already know who I'm nominating ;)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    Out of curiosity, what did you do with the boxes?
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated the OP with list of participants, got y'all marked down. Thanks so much for getting in on this, looking forward to it. And it's the first pass I've ever started too, so that's cool.
    mmccartneydc:
    Out of curiosity, what did you do with the boxes?
    Ended up wiping them out with a dry swiffer and blowing with compressed air cans to blow the dirt & dust away. Been adding to them & Got too many now to have them all open on "display" and not enough shelf space....but still got 'em

• Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on the 5000! In please.
    Darktower007:
    Congratulations on the 5000! In please.
    Thanks! And You got it bro!

• SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Count me in, but can I make a little request? Can I go first????
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in cause we are tight fella!
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    John, congrats on a milestone. I don't do passes, long story, but I will send you something to add. Also please randomly distribute my votes as you see fit.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too much reading. Can i just send you cigars? No? I'm in I guess
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to go to Chitown bro
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Count me in!
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the 5000 posts and totally agree about what a great place this is. So glad I got back in the mix and count me in for the pass.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Congrats on 5000 posts. We registered on the same day.
    Alright I updated the list of participants and think I got everyone. But I'm doing this on an ipad so if I missed you sorry, shoot me a PM and I'll add your name.

SleevePlz:
    Can I go first????
    You got it bro.
    bandyt09:
    John, congrats on a milestone. I don't do passes, long story, but I will send you something to add. Also please randomly distribute my votes as you see fit.
    Thanks & I understand. No worries. LMK if you want them to be included at the start of the pass....or at the end to be sent to the winner. I wasn't originally planning on voting .... So let me think about how I want to handle your votes.
    danielzreyes:
    Too much reading.
    I'll make the post into an audio book for you lol

james40:
    Congrats on 5000 posts. We registered on the same day.
    Thanks man. (Looks like I just "run my mouth" a lot more than you lol). you want in?

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Congrats! Xoxo
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    SleevePlz:
    Can I go first????
    You got it bro.
    Thanks. Gotta make sure this thing starts out on the right foot. Start a new bag labeled "For Johnny 5 Only." You know, the typical Ccom pass stuff :)
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the post count!! And for all the time put in on this place
    Money can't buy taste
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congtats on to 5000! at my current pace I should be there in about 6 or 7 more years LOL. I like this idea and I would like to be a part of, In please!
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea I too would like to be a part of this.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Patrickbrick:
    Great idea I too would like to be a part of this.
    Congrats on 5k!! I definitely want in. But I have a question: Does the nominee have to be in the pass?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
    Thanks again everyone! I've updated the original list, but again if missed anyone shot me a PM.
    Rain:
    Congrats! Xoxo
    You want in? If so I'll make sure to include a couple FTWs ;-)
    SleevePlz:
    Thanks. Gotta make sure this thing starts out on the right foot. Start a new bag labeled "For Johnny 5 Only." You know, the typical Ccom pass stuff :)
    No no no. Seriously, Tony. That makes me smile but I've been sent too many smokes already and I just can't smoke them fast enough...(hell I still have some from the last bomb you sent me).....
    Everything that's left at the end of this pass will be sent to the winner. No ifs ands or buts.
    Ken Light:
    Congrats on 5k!! I definitely want in. But I have a question: Does the nominee have to be in the pass?
    Nope, nominee(s) don't have to be in the pass:
    (You can vote for anyone on the forums. As long as they're on the good traders list and have been active here since 7/1/14)

Bigshizza:
    You need to go to Chitown bro
    I know man....I know.

Oh --- and y'all check your PMs. Need to make sure I have everyone's correct addy for the pass. Thank you!

You know I'd love to bro, the funds just are not there right now. Still love ya!
    Rain:
    You know I'd love to bro, the funds just are not there right now. Still love ya!
    Put me before Randy, I'll cover his shipping....You ain't getting out that easy bro! Hahaha!
    Say what?!