Home General Discussion

Thats it!

Being a fan of the Belicoso and now having received the forth box of fine cigars with the heads split from bad shipping and NO PACKING to protect my smokes by C.com I'm through with C.com. At least CI throws in some packing to protect my smokes from UPS gorillas

Comments

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you spoken with customer service? I've had very few problems, but if I do, they make it right immediately.

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it very hard to believe there was no packaging. As YankeeMan suggested, a call to customer service would have been in order after the first damaged box, not waiting until the fourth box.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    it happens i have had c.com send me stuff with out packing of any kind, if it fits in a box with out much play it's sent off, but none have came in with split heads,
    can i ask do you place them immediately in your humi in or out of the ciagr box's? and what are the temps in your area outside vs. inside? trying to gauge what would cause split heads so many time's 4 box's you say?
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think CCom and CI ship from the same facility. The only damaged package I have ever received was damaged in transit by the PO and even then CC offered to make it right. Four shipments of the same cigar and all four were damaged? There is another dynamic working here.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like the other side of this equation is,.... what have you done about it? Did you call cigar.com after the first shipment came in damaged or did you just let it slide? Did you call after the second one? Or third one? Have you even called them at all? You have not mentioned it if you did. This is not the complaints department. This is just the friendly forum. So, friend, call them if you haven't done so already and let us know how it goes. I'd be surprised if they didn't replace any damaged sticks. They owe me one stick that was damaged form a shipment months ago. They have it noted that the next shipment I get, I'm owed a MOW SE figurado.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    If anything, I get too much bubble wrap. It's horrible, I just want my cigars...reminds me of Christmas.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can leave frustrated or call customer service to get some answers.... I'd rather have the answers!
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    I hear you man. I hate getting 69 rh boveda packs. I want 65 rh! How hard is that to get right?!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give the 69s to me. All the bnms out here either don't carry them or they're out.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Give the 69s to me. All the bnms out here either don't carry them or they're out.
    Point taken
    Bigshizza:
    danielzreyes:
    Point taken
    Lol. I wasn't trying to make a point. I was just trying to mooch off our Joon Bug
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Bigshizza:
    danielzreyes:
    Point taken
    Lol. I wasn't trying to make a point. I was just trying to mooch off our Joon Bug
    Duly noted
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    I hear you man. I hate getting 69 rh boveda packs. I want 65 rh! How hard is that to get right?!
    hahahahaaaa I actually agree with this nonsense!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • soyouseesoyousee Posts: 40
    Ok the first tin of Grand Pearls I was thinking the wrapper machine had fouling up, all cigars were damaged the same, the second is when I caught on that box had been "thrown" down, the next two were in same shipment but not opened at the same time.
    The last two shipments is when we realized C.O was not using packing.
    Also, We live on a ranch in central Texas, and returning is a pain and takes fuel + time to go into town and nearest UPS. UPS drivers leave shipment at front gate but don't pick-up.
    We have learned to take our losses, and try to warn our neighbors of problems we have had with some sellers as our neighbors do for us.
    Thanks Neighbors

Now all you C.com writers go to work trying to make me look small or dumb or what? We have had neighbors like that also.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    soyousee:
    Now all you C.com writers go to work trying to make me look small or dumb or what? We have had neighbors like that also.
    no... thats not it at all.
    its just that we have had very different experiences. i could go on and on about how positive my experiences with ccom have been but i dont feel it will have an impact on you because you have made up your mind already.

the only way they can attempt to make it right is if you pick up the phone and give them a call. explain your living situation, and see what they come up with. i have a feeling you would be pleasantly surprised.

i assure you we are the neighbors that want you to have a positive interaction with a brand that we all love. we are just asking you to give them a chance.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you should find a new hobby
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You probably wouldn't have to return the damaged sticks. Every time I had a few sticks damaged, they didn't want me to send them back. They just took my word for the damage. They have a rock solid satisfaction guarantee. Make use of it. Make the call. I hope it works out.

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Wambulance is on the way. We're not all faking good experiences...CCom is the bestest.
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    soyousee:
    I think I see a common denominator here.

If you wont call customer service then you really dont want a solution just a problem.
  • thebeardthebeard Posts: 29 ✭✭

hello soyousee! sorry to hear about the messed up package.  i'll send out a replacement, could you just confirm the order number or email me directly at service@cigar.com ?

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thebeard:

hello soyousee! sorry to hear about the messed up package.  i'll send out a replacement, could you just confirm the order number or email me directly at service@cigar.com ?

THIS RIGHT HERE ^^^^^

I am unaware of ANY other company PERIOD that patrols it's own forums to locate and resolve poor experiences save for Ccom. This is a prime example of what we are trying to say, they are not just on top of everything but go above and beyond. I'd encourage you to take a step back and see that we are trying to empathize as well as explain how we would go about resolving this. I can understand and appreciate your situation and apologize for us all as a whole if you were made to feel less in any way, but would ask you to not throw stones before walking a mile in OUR shoes too.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    thebeard:

^^^^
    the only actual "C.com writer" to post on this thread.

... just sayin.
  • thebeardthebeard Posts: 29 ✭✭

oh yes, good point Kuzi.  I forget not everyone knows some weirdo named The Beard works here.

soyousee, my name is Tim Blythe and I work at Cigar.com.  I can help you out, just shoot me an email at service@cigar.com

Thank you! 

Hey Tim, ya got any more of the Cameroon house blends hiding in the warehouse somewhere? :)
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Hey Tim, ya got any more of the Cameroon house blends hiding in the warehouse somewhere? :)

Or, how about the Brazilians??? (I hope, I hope, I hope)... ??
  • soyouseesoyousee Posts: 40
    You have access to my account if your with C.com and can see where I bought one tin of Grand Pearls that were great and then 2 more tins of Grand Pearls that were busted up.
    Your move!
    I'll post your actions or non-action here next week.
    Thanks in Advance?
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    soyousee:
    You have access to my account if your with C.com and can see where I bought one tin of Grand Pearls that were great and then 2 more tins of Grand Pearls that were busted up. Your move! I'll post your actions or non-action here next week. Thanks in Advance?
    soyousee:
    Being a fan of the Belicoso and now having received the forth box of fine cigars with the heads split from bad shipping and NO PACKING to protect my smokes by C.com I'm through with C.com. At least CI throws in some packing to protect my smokes from UPS gorillas
    Couple things. Was it four boxes of damaged cigars or two tins? Also, by the looks of your response, you didn't email Tim. It appears you just want him to mail you free cigars because you flamed them on the internet and didn't go through the proper channels to handle a situation like this.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Right, so he's supposed to look through your forum profile with only flimsy and tenuous consent from a post by an account that could easily have been hacked and posted from fraudulently. Then find out who you are and access an even more sensitive account with really no consent to see your order history which probably also contains things like your credit card number. Then send that address free cigars. All that privacy invasion in the name of...customer service? Mr. President, sir, is that you?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    soyousee:
    You have access to my account if your with C.com and can see where I bought one tin of Grand Pearls that were great and then 2 more tins of Grand Pearls that were busted up. Your move! I'll post your actions or non-action here next week. Thanks in Advance?
    No one at Cigar.com who works there has the ability to access your account or anyone else's. He has gone out of his way to try to rectify this situation but at this point all you are doing is sitting like a bum with a hand out going give me X! Take a few moments out of your day to call or email and in less than five min you can have this completely resolved. There MUST be a certain level of effort and responsibility on your end to burn all of 5 damned calories to type a message or lift a hand and call. No matter how pissed off you may or may not be you'd have to be blind to miss the level of effort that is being out in to help you as well as the sincere advice that has been offered here. It's been YOUR move all along and you'd be an arrogant and conceited SOG to think otherwise at this point. Be a grown adult, act like a human being and take five damned min to help someone fix your own damned issues "friend". Sorry but I earnestly tried to be very kind earlier and give some heartfelt advice on how to fix this with nearly zero effort, people who have proven track records here for YEARS have done the same, and then the man himself and employee gets on the forum and pleads to be given a chance to fix it and you spit in everyone's faces in the process. Sorry but you've officially pissed me the F off and most everyone here can tell you that takes some effort.... Man up and take 5 min out of your life to call instead of pitching a fit like my 18 month old toddler. Good day.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I held off in posting to this after I read the response, but I can no longer. The attitude that you display here will not gain sympathy. The fact that a customer service rep took the time to read your original comment and help by posting a solution with a simple email goes above and beyond and shows the character of the people that we deal with on a daily basis. No one here is trying to belittle you or make you look small. So far there have been many genuine posts that are trying to help you with your displeasure in your experience. A majority of the posts that have shed light on the great customer service do so so that you may feel comfortable that there will be resolution for your unfortunate situation. Coming on here and blasting the people that are trying to help you does not go over well and makes people want to tell you to go F yourself. Your move!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!