Home Non Cigar Related

The JD Luken Debate Thread

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
Made this thread for you.

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    New York Times Blockbuster Report – Bush Didn’t Lie, WMD’s Found All Over Iraq!!!

By Onan Coca

It boggles the mind at how openly fickle, irresponsible and biased our American media can be. A recent study undertaken by a citizen journalist proved that the New York Times is an echo chamber… yet even this echo chamber can produce honest journalism from time to time.
    An example of that is their recent report on the discovery of caches of Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD’s) by American troops across Iraq in the years after we initiated Operation Iraqi Freedom.,br> Five years after President George W. Bush sent troops into Iraq, these soldiers had entered an expansive but largely secret chapter of America’s long and bitter involvement in Iraq.
    From 2004 to 2011, American and American-trained Iraqi troops repeatedly encountered, and on at least six occasions were wounded by, chemical weapons remaining from years earlier in Saddam Hussein’s rule.
    In all, American troops secretly reported finding roughly 5,000 chemical warheads, shells or aviation bombs, according to interviews with dozens of participants, Iraqi and American officials, and heavily redacted intelligence documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act.
    … Jarrod L. Taylor, a former Army sergeant on hand for the destruction of mustard shells that burned two soldiers in his infantry company, joked of “wounds that never happened” from “that stuff that didn’t exist.” The public, he said, was misled for a decade. “I love it when I hear, ‘Oh there weren’t any chemical weapons in Iraq,’ ” he said. “There were plenty.”
    Of course, the New York Times, being the liberal mouthpiece that they are, couldn’t help but attack the Bush administration even while spilling the beans that there were WMD’s in Iraq.
    The discoveries of these chemical weapons did not support the government’s invasion rationale.
    The Times says that the rationale was Iraq had an “active” WMD program. Sadly, that is simply a bold faced lie…,
    In a great piece, Gabriel Malor at Ace of Spades HQ uncovers the lie for us and reminds the Times that the WMD claim was not just about an “active program” at all.
    gwbushSo you find again—and I'm sorry for repeating this so many times, but it seems that it has been forgotten—the three themes of Bush's war plea: Iraqi resistance to disarmament, Iraqi ambition to arm once more, and terrorists. Those were the casus belli for the Iraq War. Not solely an active weapons program, as the NYTimes would have you believe.
    Even if it were true to the American public the war was about finding and destroying WMD’s – new or old, it didn’t matter. Imagine if the government would have told the media about what they were finding buried in the Iraq desert… the “Bush Lied” and “No WMD’s” memes would have never existed! The American people wouldn’t have cared if the WMD’s found were just built our 20 years old – they would have been happy to know that the WMD’s were being found and disposed of so that Saddam Hussein would never be able to use them again.
    Over at the National Review Online Deroy Murdock tries to understand why the administration would have stayed silent even while being attacked for lying.
    New media accounts — including coverage by NRO’s Patrick Brennan — confirm what I repeatedly have written since the depths of Operation Iraqi Freedom: The late dictator Saddam Hussein did have weapons of mass death, and the United States of America was correct to invade Iraq, find these toxins, and destroy them. Team Bush’s near-silence about Saddam Hussein’s 3,894 pounds of uranium points to this story’s second outrage: the Bush administration’s phenomenally flaccid response to its most vociferous detractors on the WMD question. Then-president George W. Bush’s critics used the most bitter and vicious tones to accuse him of deceiving America and the world about weapons of mass death. “Bush lied, people died” was the Left’s relentlessly repeated anti-Bush indictment. The liberal fever swamps were rife with theories that Bush, Vice President *** Cheney, and their pals at Halliburton concocted the WMD charges from whole cloth. Why? To justify a U.S. invasion in order to seize Iraq’s oil fields. Lifting sanctions and simply letting Iraq’s oil flow must have been too much trouble. The notion that Operation Iraqi Freedom rested upon a giant foundation of even bigger lies severely damaged the reputations of the United States of America, Bush, the conservative movement, and the GOP — the latter two of which tended to support the Iraq invasion.
    … WMD In fact, Bush did not lie about WMDs. They really existed — and in enormous amounts…

It is outrageous that the Pentagon and, apparently, Bush’s political team concealed proof that America’s chief casus belli actually existed. Instead, the howling hyenas of the Left were allowed to gnaw away at Bush’s political corpse.

Why did anyone involved in this disaster think that this would be good for America domestically or globally? How thick were the skulls of Bush’s political advisers not to see the importance of presenting this information amid deafening shouts that the president and those of us who supported Operation Iraqi Freedom were a pack of filthy liars?

Take the time to read Murdock’s entire piece, as he reminds us that even way back in 2004, he was writing about the discovery of WMD’s in Iraq. Whatever the reason the Bush administration had for hiding the discovery of thousands of WMD’s from us – it wasn’t worth the damage left by allowing the Left to paint the administration as liars and failures. The belief that there were no WMD’s tarnished the Republican brand and led to the crushing defeats of 2008 and 2012. By allowing the left to paint Republicans as liars, the Bush administration basically handed over the next decade of political leadership to the corruption of the Democrat Party.

This discovery is big news, but don’t be surprised when the media and the liberals work together to bury the lede by implying that Bush was still lying and the Iraq war was a failure. In fact, the Times piece that uncovers the story works hard to try to make it sound like the story itself doesn’t matter and that Bush is still a liar and the invasion still a failure.
    Why? Let’s let Gabriel Malor at Ace of Spades HQ explain it…

Progressives deeply invested in the lie during the Bush years that no WMD were found in Iraq. Bush gave many reasons for the war, but progressives seized on just the presence of WMD and then pretended it was the only reason for war. We've known they've been wrong about the lack of WMD for many years now. But, upon the chance that ISIL will find and use any remnants of WMD, however, progressives have had to modify their story even more.

Now, progressives have finally admitted that Hussein's stockpiled weapons were found during the Iraq War, but claim these were not the weapons Bush said would be found. This is just one more lie. And they've compounded it with another lie: that the sole reason for the Iraq War was an active weapons program.

As I have demonstrated from Bush's own contemporaneous words, an active weapons program was not the sole reason for war. In fact, an active weapons program was not even mentioned in the multiple speeches Bush delivered to the American public and to an international audience. Do not let the NYTimes get away with its false history of the Iraq War. The war was not made solely based on claims of an active Iraqi weapons program. It was made because, as President Bush explained repeatedly to the American public: Saddam Hussein possessed old weapons of mass destruction, desired to evade inspections so as to keep them, hoped to restart his weapons programs in the future, and could pass weapons to terrorist groups with ambitions to harm the West.

Don’t let the liberals lie about this. It’s a huge deal. Educate the people around you, share this article with those people who pretend there were no WMD’s in Iraq and with the liberals who know better but like to pretend Bush still lied. The GOP has spent the last ten years being attacked over this… it’s time the truth came out and the GOP was vindicated.
    jd50ae:
    Report: With Ebola Crisis Raging, Obama Administration Started Streamlining Visas From West Africa In August

By Katie Pavlich, Townhall

Not only is the Ebola crisis continuing to degrade, but the optics of how the White House has handled the situation are getting worse by the day too.
    A new report published at Breitbart shows the Obama administration started expediting visas from West Africa in August as the Ebola was (and still is) raging out of control with a 70 percent mortality rate. According to the report, the man who died from Ebola in a Texas hospital after visiting Liberia, had his visa approved in the same month visas were being streamlined.
    In short, the USCIS has been waiving fees, expediting the immigration process, and allowing extensions of visas for anyone coming from the three designated Ebola-stricken countries, provided that they are in the United States. The Free Republic blog reported that the law firm of Edward W. Neufville, III, LLC, a Washington, D.C. area immigration firm, added a section to their website two days after the USCIS announcement, with more details about how these relief measures would work, including extensions of the time that the foreign national could remain in the United States, additional work permit opportunities, and even forgiveness for failure to appear at required interviews or submit required evidence. According to the Neufville firm, the new USCIS policies mean that "Idea [I]ndividuals from Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Guinea currently in the United States may apply for an extension or change in status due to the Ebola Outbreak, even if their request is filed after the authorized period of admission has expired." Otherwise stated, this means that someone from one of those countries who illegally overstayed their visa can now apply for an extension, or someone who arrived illegally can apply to get legal status.
    jd50ae:
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Randy, thought I missed 1
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very concise!
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    I've been reading they were stored west of Baghdad and Maliki was supposed to dispose of but didn't. May be in the hands of ISIS now, the fog of war is dense.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    i knew that it was just a matter of time before we got the real Rain back....kudos to you sir.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    I think you missed one.
    Rain:
    jd50ae:

Tsk Tsk on me. I will endeavor to have this posted to the fluff post thread, where it should be.
    jd50ae:
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I thought this thread was a great idea, Randy. That is until you copied the spider. That never belongs anywhere. Smash. Kill. Don't take a picture. Or post one.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    fry that donkey in beer batter! YUM YUM YUM!

Aj
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Made this thread for you.
    Perfect.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv:

Thank you...I'll have to bump them. That was very nice of you.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Whats the word today JD? anything exciting to report?

Aj
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Whats the word today JD? anything exciting to report?

Aj

http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/839448.aspx
    ^_^
    jd50ae:
    Police repeatedly mistake Pennsylvania man for suspected cop killer Eric Frein

Friends and strangers are rallying to help a man whom police have repeatedly mistaken for Eric Frein, the alleged cop killer and survivalist still on the loose in northeastern Pennsylvania.
    James Tully, who doesn't own a car and who walks 5 miles to work every day, has been mistaken for Frein more than 20 times by heavily-armed law enforcement scouring the Pocono mountain region for Frein, according to local news reports.
    On at least one occasion, Tully, 39, claims he was forced to the ground and had a rifle pointed at his head by an officer as he walked to his job along a heavily wooded road near where Frein is believed to be hiding, according to the Pocono Record.
    Hundreds of law enforcement officials have descended on the area to search for Frein, who they say shot and killed Cpl. Bryon Dickson and wounded Trooper Alex Douglass in an ambush Sept. 12 outside the Blooming Grove state police barracks in Pike County, Pa. Frein, a 31-year-old survivalist and expert marksman, has managed to evade capture in the dense woods of the Poconos -- despite multiple reported sightings of him by police and local residents.
    On Wednesday, Dawn DeBiase Witchy, an area resident who had heard of Tully's plight, set up an account on the crowdfunding site Go Fund Me with the intent of buying him a car and insurance, The Morning Call reported. As of Thursday morning, the funds raised reached more than $7,000 -- exceeding the $2,500 goal. Many donations on the page, "Help James Get to Work Safe," came from strangers as far away as West Virginia.
    "This story broke my heart. Hope the donations help you get a car! Best of luck!" one woman, identified as Cheri Magistro, wrote on the site.
    "God Bless you for walking those many miles to work. You are truly an inspiration for not sitting home and collecting from the government. Praying you get a great reliable car," wrote Bridgette Maloney.
    Tully, a father of two who lives in Frein's hometown of Canadensis, was stopped by police so many times he started carrying his driver's license and work identification around his neck, the Pocono Record reported. His 5-mile walk to his job at J.A. Reinhardt, a metal fabrication plant, takes two hours each way, according to the newspaper. Tully, who has a bad knee and sometimes uses a brace, arrives home from work around 2 a.m.
    After Tully left work Friday night, he told the newspaper he was stopped by a driver dressed in camouflage and a tactical vest and holding a rifle.
    "The only ID I saw was the barrel of the gun," Tully told the paper. "He yelled at me to get down on the ground with my arms out wide and he demanded my name."
    Tully said the man ripped the lanyard from around his neck as he drove his knee into his back.
    "I will break you right here. What is your name?" Tully quoted the man as saying, according to the Pocono Record. "From the minute I saw him with that gun I thought, let me survive this."
    Tully says he was not released until a state trooper showed up and told the officer that he was telling the truth. Tully limped the rest of the way home, according to the newspaper.
    Shortly after the encounter, Tully had trouble and was taken to the hospital, where doctors told him his ribs are bruised as a result of the incident. He told the paper he hopes the police will pay for X-rays and time he was absent from work.
    The Pennsylvania state police, meanwhile, claim they have no knowledge of the incident.
    "If Mr. Tully was improperly treated by a law enforcement officer, we will initiate an investigation. However, Mr. Tully has not filed a complaint with [the Pennsylvania State Police]. PSP cannot comment on complaints it has not received," state police spokeswoman Trooper Connie Devens told The Morning Call.
    jd50ae:
    Man Accused Of Killing Two CA Deputies Was In Country Illegally, Deported Twice

By Derek Hunter, Daily Caller

Marcelo Marquez, the man accused to killing two sheriff’s deputies in California was in the country illegally and had been deported twice to Mexico — once in 1997, and again in 2001.

Marquez, 34, is accused of killing two sheriff’s deputies Friday during a 6-hour crime spree in northern California.

And Marcelo Marquez is not even his real name, it’s actually Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte, according to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. ICE filed paperwork Saturday to ensure he is turned over to immigration officials if he is ever released, though that is unlikely.

jd50ae:
    Starting to see a trend here.
    ‘Calibration issue’ pops up on Maryland voting machines

By Kenric Ward,br> Published October 27, 2014
    watchdog.org
    Voting machines that switch Republican votes to Democrats are being reported in Maryland.

“When I first selected my candidate on the electronic machine, it would not put the ‘x’ on the candidate I chose — a Republican — but it would put the ‘x’ on the Democrat candidate above it,” Donna Hamilton said.

“This happened multiple times with multiple selections. Every time my choice flipped from Republican to Democrat. Sometimes it required four or five tries to get the ‘x’ to stay on my real selection,” the Frederick, Md., resident said last week.

Queen Anne County Sheriff Gary Hofmann said he encountered the problem, too, personally.

“This is happening here as well. It occurred on two candidates on my machine. I am glad I checked. Many voters have reported this here as well,” Hofmann, a Republican, wrote in an email Sunday evening.

Two other Maryland voters reported the same in Anne Arundel County on Friday.

Click for more from Watchdog.org
    Conversational question, has any other media reported this story? Well, none of the mainstream that I could find except Fox, but a few smaller non-mainstream certainly are.
    jd50ae:
    'The Five' Defends Maher from ‘Intolerant’ Berkeley Students: ‘Anti-Free Speech’

By: Josh Feldman (Mediaite)

Bill Maher‘s invitation to speak at Berkeley invited outcry from students over his supposedly “bigoted” views on the Islamic faith and calls for him to be disinvited. The hosts of Fox’s The Five came to Maher’s defense today against liberal students who just want to create an “echo chamber” of views they agree with.

Bob Beckel said these students ought to “keep their mouths shut” and let Maher speak. Eric Bolling mocked the supposed inclusiveness of the left when they have this very “anti-free speech” attitude when it comes to hearing from people they disagree with.

Read the full story at Mediaite?
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Wow, haven't seen that before. jd, you OWN that forum.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
    Massive Non-Citizen Voting Uncovered in Maryland

By Bryan Preston, PJ Media

An election integrity watchdog group is suing the state of Maryland, alleging that it has discovered massive and ongoing fraudulent voting by non-U.S. citizens in one county. But because of the way that the non-citizens are able to cast votes in elections, the fraud is likely happening in every single county and subdivision across the state. The group believes that the illegal voting has been happening for years.

The group, Virginia Voters Alliance, says that it compared how voters in Frederick County filled out jury duty statements compared with their voting records. The group’s investigation found that thousands of people in Frederick County who stated that they are not U.S. citizens on jury duty forms went on to cast votes in elections. Either they failed to tell the truth when they were summoned for jury duty, or they cast illegal votes. Both are crimes. The same group previously found that about 40,000 people are registered to vote in both Virginia and Maryland.

It is a federal crime to cast votes if you are not legally eligible to vote. Non-citizens, whether in the country legally or not, are prohibited from voting in most local and all state and federal elections. Yet the VVA investigation found that hundreds of non-citizens have been voting in Frederick County, Maryland. One in seven Maryland residents are non-U.S. citizens.

“The lawsuit is the equivalent of the lookout spotting the iceberg ahead of the Titanic,” state Del. Pat McDonough told the Tatler. He added that the group’s investigation found a voter fraud “smoking gun.”

Maryland state law makes it easier for non-citizens, both those present legally and those in the country against the law, to vote. Maryland issues drivers licenses to legal and illegal aliens. Driver’s licenses in turn make it easier under the Motor Voter law to register to vote. Maryland also offers copious taxpayer-funded social programs to non-citizens in the state.

The group filed suit in Baltimore’s U.S. District Court on Friday. They are suing the Frederick County Board of Elections and the Maryland State Board of Elections.
    jd50ae:
    Massive Non-Citizen Voting Uncovered in Maryland

By Bryan Preston, PJ Media

An election integrity watchdog group is suing the state of Maryland, alleging that it has discovered massive and ongoing fraudulent voting by non-U.S. citizens in one county. But because of the way that the non-citizens are able to cast votes in elections, the fraud is likely happening in every single county and subdivision across the state. The group believes that the illegal voting has been happening for years.

The group, Virginia Voters Alliance, says that it compared how voters in Frederick County filled out jury duty statements compared with their voting records. The group’s investigation found that thousands of people in Frederick County who stated that they are not U.S. citizens on jury duty forms went on to cast votes in elections. Either they failed to tell the truth when they were summoned for jury duty, or they cast illegal votes. Both are crimes. The same group previously found that about 40,000 people are registered to vote in both Virginia and Maryland.

It is a federal crime to cast votes if you are not legally eligible to vote. Non-citizens, whether in the country legally or not, are prohibited from voting in most local and all state and federal elections. Yet the VVA investigation found that hundreds of non-citizens have been voting in Frederick County, Maryland. One in seven Maryland residents are non-U.S. citizens.

“The lawsuit is the equivalent of the lookout spotting the iceberg ahead of the Titanic,” state Del. Pat McDonough told the Tatler. He added that the group’s investigation found a voter fraud “smoking gun.”

Maryland state law makes it easier for non-citizens, both those present legally and those in the country against the law, to vote. Maryland issues drivers licenses to legal and illegal aliens. Driver’s licenses in turn make it easier under the Motor Voter law to register to vote. Maryland also offers copious taxpayer-funded social programs to non-citizens in the state.

The group filed suit in Baltimore’s U.S. District Court on Friday. They are suing the Frederick County Board of Elections and the Maryland State Board of Elections.
    this is how you should do it JD, just post your daily rant in here rather than each of them getting their own thread. It would make the NCR area a lot more clean and keep other threads from getting buried before they have a chance to take off. It would give the people who enjoy these threads the chance to comment on the topics and debate in here rather than sprawled all over the place.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    this is how you should do it JD, just post your daily rant in here rather than each of them getting their own thread. It would make the NCR area a lot more clean and keep other threads from getting buried before they have a chance to take off. It would give the people who enjoy these threads the chance to comment on the topics and debate in here rather than sprawled all over the place.
    now that's a great idea, brian.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv:
    brianetz1:
    now that's a great idea, brian.
    thanks, another thing is that you can always change the subject so that it will show up in the most recent post area and show what they are talking about at the time.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait a minute. Is this thread just another **** joke?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR