Home General Discussion

Are girls allowed here?

UnicornUnicorn Posts: 451 ✭✭
Hi, guys! Brand new cigar smoker here, brought over to the dark side by my friend Noah (ndhaon91). I was told I had to join this forum, so here I am! I've had a grand total of maybe 10 cigars but I'm hooked. I've actually been sitting around at work researching all the finer points!

I just recently met two apparently very famous gentlemen, Roman and June, who helped me finesse a few things while smoking in San Francisco. I loved meeting you guys!

Noah says I should be proud that I'm already retrohaling. :)

So far my favorite cigar is the Illusione Epernay.

Thanks for me letting me join the boys club!

Jamie

Comments

• FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Hello Jamie, and welcome. As to your question, yes of course. Your already a bit of a celeb here your self.(there is a post about y'alls meeting in San Fran)
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unicorn:
    Hi, guys! Brand new cigar smoker here, brought over to the dark side by my friend Noah (ndhaon91). I was told I had to join this forum, so here I am! I've had a grand total of maybe 10 cigars but I'm hooked. I've actually been sitting around at work researching all the finer points! I just recently met two apparently very famous gentlemen, Roman and June, who helped me finesse a few things while smoking in San Francisco. I loved meeting you guys! Noah says I should be proud that I'm already retrohaling. :) So far my favorite cigar is the Illusione Epernay. Thanks for me letting me joint the boys club! Jamie
    Welcome. Be warned, though, that the boys rarely behave themselves. Indeed, I might be the only "normal" guy on here.
    -- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    He's prob right. Welcome. Oh yea. Incoming.
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Jamie, glad to have you a part of the madness.
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello Jamie, I just got here myself and everyone here seems to be great people. I'm sure you'll fit right in.
  • jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely! As a matter of fact, my wife was just telling me this evening that she's going to join as well! Welcome!

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the madness Jamie. Great group of people here so don't let those two you met leave a bad impression of the rest of us for you. Kidding of course, or am I? I know you'll enjoy it here and it's always nice to add some Sisters of the Leaf to the mix.

Also, there's always lots of cool and fun contests, trades and passes going on and if you want to get on the Good Traders list I'd be more than happy to sponsor you. It's just a simple five for five trade (shhhhh, don;t tell her we can't count guys) and gets you set up to participate in all the awesomeness that goes on around here.

Here's the link to the Newbie Trading Thread if you want to check out the details.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Unicorn:
    very nice
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    welcome Jamie! glad you took Noah's suggestion and joined. Great group of guys here
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Forgot to mention updating your Bio to put some of the cigars you've really liked so far as well as some you want to try. Just helps give people a better idea of the type of stuff you like.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Jamie, great bunch here. My wife likes your handle, she has more unicorns than Princeton Gallery.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Jamie!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear you are joining us. I'm a newby also. Keep your eyes and ears open, you will learn a lot here. Excuse the knuckle dragging at times.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Unicorn:
    very nice
    That's what I thought, must be a "natural". Welcome!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, girls are not allowed here. That would be illegal. Women, on the other hand...

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. And welcome! Hope you stick around.
  • UnicornUnicorn Posts: 451 ✭✭
    I hope no one behaves on here. People who behave are far less interesting. Thanks for the welcome everyone!
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    Trident:
    He's prob right. Welcome. Oh yea. Incoming.
    Hehe. Oh boy. Jamie is in trouble now.
    I've been a good girl for so many years. I'm embracing trouble these days.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    asl?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    i feel like i should hold an auction for her address to see which of these guys wants to welcome her first...you know they have itchy...trigger fingers
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    Trident:
    i feel like i should hold an auction for her address to see which of these guys wants to welcome her first...you know they have itchy...trigger fingers
    I'm prepping my own bomb as we speak. When her eyes lit up after trying a Cain F lancero, I knew we had a natural on our hands. Time to make sure the new girl gets started in style.
    I'm going to need a lot of company!
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Welcome! This should be Interesting.
    Thank you! And good. I like interesting :)
    now go find the picture of you in Noahs thread...he is being flamed for his pink shirt...maybe you can shed some light on it
    I just did. I can't compete with the bald head. I think I'll keep my hair.
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Welcome, Unicorn! Given your name, the best advice I can offer is, Don't ever smoke a machine made!
    Thanks! Noah told me I have expensive taste. I'm guessing that means I'd avoid machine made innately.