Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

My 3K giveaway

So your boy has finally hit 3,000 post...I love this forum. Now let's get on with it. I have a box of MF Le Bijou from Dec 2012 (petite robusto) that I want to give to 1 forum member. Of course you have to work for it....just sayin! Must have a minimum of 500 post...(don't like it? so what)....

As some of you know I lost my father back in 2004 so when I became a cigar smoker and learned of the MF brand I was drawn to it for that reason and fell in love with the brand of obvious reasons. With all that being said...here is how you enter. PM a story about your father (or a father figure)...it can be a story to make me laugh or to make me cry....from those stories I will pick 1 lucky winner and if the contest is that close I will come up with something for the runner up.

I will be leaving for vacation on the 19th of July so please make your entries by the 18th @ 8:00am EST so that I may ship your package before I go.

Shout outs to all the great members of this forum..love y

Comments

• Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    PM...oh, MF? Nevermind...Congrats on 3K and thanks for being an outstanding CCom Ambassador. You know I love ya bro, I'm proud to be your hype man! YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    PM...oh, MF? Nevermind...Congrats on 3K and thanks for being an outstanding CCom Ambassador. You know I love ya bro, I'm proud to be your hype man! YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    Love you too Randy...didn't even know you were gone til you posted something in the non cigar related...HAHAHA
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    pm
  • Options
    FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Royln, PM has been sent. Feel free to share my dad story here if you want to. I would seriously love to hear some story's about your dad if you feel like sharing. Congrats on the 3000 posts, hope to see many more!!! Got to admit, when I first read the title I thought you were trying to add to the 300 quest and had gone completely insane and giving away your whole stash.
  • Options
    Rain:
    PM...oh, MF? Nevermind...!
    Seriously? Not a fan or just messing? I really like the Le Bijou . That was the first cigar my B&M guy recommend to me when I went there.
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    PM sir
  • Options
    You guys are the best....just sayin'

Sure this is a contest but to me it's not @ all about the cigars...it's more than that to me. Thank you to everyone who has shared a story with me so far. I know some of these stories aren't easy to tell anyone and for that I am truly thankful.
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrat's on the 3K, keep em coming
    PM's sent
  • Options
    This thread really brought back some memories, thanks smoke em
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry man... I can't come up with anything... My stories would not be good for anyone.
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    Sorry man... I can't come up with anything... My stories would not be good for anyone.
    I know Shizz no worries man...you are kind of like a father around this place with the beatings you give to peeps
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    Bigshizza:
    I know Shizz no worries man...you are kind of like a father around this place with the beatings you give to peeps
    I hear ya ***. .I shared a story...But it didn't go into major details..But there is always good with the bad
  • Options
    jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the 3k and kudos on a very generous giveaway. Don't have the 500 posts but good luck to all who enter.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Happy 3k bud!
  • Options
    Well I guess all the entries I am going to get have been sent already. Some of you have shared some great stories with me over the past few days and I want to thank you for being so open with me. Sounds like we are/were blessed with some great father in our lives. So 1 of you will be receiving the box of MF Le Bijou's and the rest of you will be receiving something as well...we are all winners!! If you have sent me a story via PM please send me your address just in case I do not have it already. I plan on shipping all packages Friday as I leave for vacation early Saturday morning. Thank you all again.
  • Options
    Guess I should share a story of my own. Well when I was 10 years old I had my eye on a brand new bike. A Huffy at that....looked like one of those racing bikes with the number on the front of the handle bars...6 speed and the gift shift was right in the middle where the handle bars meet the frame...stick shift style..i mean this joint was sweet....it cost around 180 bucks or so and I only had 35-40 bucks saved up. So my father made a deal with me..he would buy me the bike but I had to work off the rest of balance...seemed straight to me. So he kept a piece of paper and from time to time would give me things to do..wash the cars, or vaccum the cars, put the dishes away, cut the grass, etc...and each job had a dollar amount...anywhere from 5-15 bucks each. Took me freakin like 2 years to pay that sucker off..and by the time I had made my last "payment" that bike was on its last leg.

But the lesson(s) that it thought me will stay with me forever. If you want something you need to work for it and nothing is in life is "free" no matter how you look at it....thanks POPS!!
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome R.... You're a lucky guy!! Congrats to the guys with the great stories!
  • Options
    Great story, bet he was smiling the whole time too. My sister was over this weekend and we spent a few hours telling dad stories, all your fault, lol. Really had some good laughs though. Was thinking maybe I should give you a box of cigars for that. Have a great vacation smoke em.
  • Options
    bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great story Royln and congrats again on 3k
  • Options
    Great dad story! What ever you would have sent me, send it to Jim. (I am scared to give you my address anyways)
  • Options
    The tension builds, almost go-time. What are your plans for vacation besides cigars?
  • Options
    Jason aka Darktower will be receiving the box of cigars....I enjoyed reading all the stories you guys shared with me. I had to print them all out and let my wife read them (hope that was ok)...and we both agreed on the same story!! I have asked Jason if I can post his story on this thread..just waiting to hear back from him.

Thanks again everyone!

To say I am going to be busy the day before vacation is an understatement....Jason's box will ship today and I hope to launch the other boxes as well today (but no promises)..if they other boxes do not fly today they will fly when I return from vacation.

Rob come up off that address buddy!!! Stuff only gets worse if I have to "work" to get an address.
  • Options
    The3Stogies:
    The tension builds, almost go-time. What are your plans for vacation besides cigars?
    We already have a few activities scheduled....and will set up a few more when we get to the resort in Cancun..have to make sure the weather will cooperate of course! But as long as I am spending time with the family (and smoke a few) vacation will be great! Few more hours to go fellas!!
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Missed it.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Congrats Jason!! Have fun on your vacation Royln.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    The3Stogies:
    We already have a few activities scheduled....and will set up a few more when we get to the resort in Cancun..have to make sure the weather will cooperate of course! But as long as I am spending time with the family (and smoke a few) vacation will be great! Few more hours to go fellas!!
    Have fun in Cancun Royln (Raw-lin). I remember purchasing my first Mexican Cohiba when I was on my honeymoon there. Enjoy
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    smoke em if you got em:
    The3Stogies:
    Have fun in Cancun Royln (Raw-lin). I remember purchasing my first Mexican Cohiba when I was on my honeymoon there. Enjoy
    Thank you Daniel son...packing my tsinelas now!!
  • Options
    Jason gave me the go ahead to post his story and it is my pleasure to share this with you all. Thank you Jason...

Royln, I'm terribly sorry to hear of your fathers loss. It never gets easier. My father, Don, is my hero. When I think of how I want to raise my children, I look to him. Never too busy to play ball, or take us where ever. A Vietnam vet, a loving, husband, father, brother and son. Tomorrow July 13 will always be the hardest day for us. In January 2011 my father retired from Little Debbie where he worked for 30 years. That March, my mother was diagnosed with Lung Cancer. They often talked of traveling out west, up in Canada when he retired. That day we got the news it all changed. She never smoked, drank or nothing. When we found out it was stage IV little to nothing we could do. My mother and the rest of us were basket cases, my father was our pillar holding us all up during this terrible time in our lives. Over the next year he was at every Dr visit, hospital visit, bought here anything she ever wanted just to make her happy while we still had her. In June 2012 she went blurred vision, which meant it was spreading. During that time she had a chemo patch implanted on her head, I remember her saying "I'll be okay, see you in a little bit." That was the last words she ever said to us. Over the next month her condition declined, as she never awoke from the surgery. My dad never left her side, reading her books, talking to her, bathing her, telling her he loved her...its tough even writing this. On June 30th my daughter was being born on the 5th floor of the hospital, my mother was on the 7th in Hospice. We took her up to show my mother...all we did was cry. On July 13 2012 I called my sister (my brother never came..to hard for him) to come to hospice now, she doesn't have much time, my father and I were holding my mothers hand, telling her we love her and its okay to let go... at 11:00PM she passed away. My sister arrived at 11:05. I tell you this of my mother because with him she hung the moon,he lived each day to make her and us happy. To this day he still provides, helps us, and does everything he can to be there for us. I'm terribly sorry for your loss Royln. We will see them again...but not yet.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    danielzreyes:
    smoke em if you got em:
    The3Stogies:
    Thank you Daniel son...packing my tsinelas now!!
    rainbows?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR