Home Non Cigar Related

Blessed for having your support. - panic resolved

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
I had a client he caught up in a craigslist scam. I happened to take his deposit and and thus am responsible for a $2000 loss. Please please send prayers or whatever. I can not lose this job. I'm freaking the hell out right now. I can't lose my house or car or my job. Please. Pray.
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Good luck, hopefully everything will get straightened out!
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Truth.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    bbass2:
    Good luck, hopefully everything will get straightened out!
    +1
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Not sure why you are on the hook just for taking the deposit but I will be praying that all works out for you and that you are not in trouble with your job.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    Hang in there buddy, it'll work out.
  • bert873bert873 Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good vibes, thoughts and prayers heading your way man. Hope all turns out ok for you
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. I know it really wasn't my fault but I'm still nervous. Just a big loss and I'm paranoid. Lol
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's easy to project the negative... Will pray that everything gets straightened out!
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Hope everything works out, sounds like you did nothing wrong.
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck and hope all works out.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praying for you bro. Keep us posted.
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers sent...hang in there!
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
    Waiting for my boss to get into his other branch. Get to wait another hour before we can talk. It happened on a really crappy day too. I got into an argument with my wife that ended up with her wanting to sell our house due to neighbor issues... Long story. Then I was subpoenaed to testify in front of a grand jury for another issue we had with a client. I was mentally of my game that day due to those issues and now this popped up last night. I can't afford to lose this job or anything else. Right in the edge of a breakdown this morning.

thanks for the support guys! Keep me in your thoughts!
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    I had a client he caught up in a craigslist scam. I happened to take his deposit and and thus am responsible for a $2000 loss. Please please send prayers or whatever. I can not lose this job. I'm freaking the hell out right now. I can't lose my house or car or my job. Please. Pray.

I'm no banker but how does accepting a $2000 deposit from a client make you responsible for a loss? Are you saying the client deposited $2000 in your bank? And presumably he deposited it to his own account? S'plain, please?
    I took the deposit and processed t myself. There were some steps I should have taken to get more info on the check. It was out of character for his account and after looking at the check closer yesterday it's bogus. Had I asked questions I wouldn't be in this position. This is a fire at will company and I've seen people get let go before.
    Ouch! Now I understand. But shouldn't the fact that the check is bogus make the transaction null and void? If so, a simple bookkeeping entry ought to clear things up, no?
    The client withdrew the funds. So the account is overdrawn now.
    Hmmmm. Can I presume the cops are now looking for him?
    Lol nope.
    Hmmmm. Well, I'm not a lawyer, either, but wouldn't his action come under the definition of fraud? And isn't fraud a felony?
    It is fraud. But since I didn't do my due diligence I am responsible for the customers loss and the banks loss.
    Aaaiiiiii, chihuahua...... Ees no good, se
    Hey Chris hope all went well, update when you have a chance.
    I haven't heard anything yet. I have a feeling this is gonna drag on for a while.
    I was tossing and turning all night last night. I can get my mind off of this. I'm scared to death that gonna lose my job, my house, my car and put my family under unneeded stress cause of this. I just want management to come in and put me on probation or something... As long as I keep my job. I've planned it out if there is a loss the bank takes. I'm willing to sell off my stock shares to pay for it and have my paycheck docked to cover the rest. If not then im gonna have to rely on family for help. Been praying my butt off every moment I get. If I didn't have my family to worry about I wouldn't really be stressing so hard. I'm literally on the verge of breaking down and have been since yesterday.
    What happened Chris?
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take it from an old guy who's turned his hand to a variety of things over the years, including door to door, yacht joinery, warehouseman, driver, programming, biz to biz sales, you name it...

You don't want this job.

Life is work. Work is the bulk of your day. The rest is just maintenance. To live happy, do work that makes you happy, with people you like. No sense living all stressed out. No sense working scared. That ain't work; that's wage slavery. You gonna waste your life on that? If this debacle gets you out of this stresspool, let it.

The rest will work itself out.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    praying this all works out
    Nothing has happened yet. I think I might be ok. Only time will tell. The stress is killin me and I haven't slept all week.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    Take it from an old guy who's turned his hand to a variety of things over the years, including door to door, yacht joinery, warehouseman, driver, programming, biz to biz sales, you name it...

You don't want this job.

Life is work. Work is the bulk of your day. The rest is just maintenance. To live happy, do work that makes you happy, with people you like. No sense living all stressed out. No sense working scared. That ain't work; that's wage slavery. You gonna waste your life on that? If this debacle gets you out of this stresspool, let it.

The rest will work itself out.

+1 on that.
    Have you approached anyone at work about this? When I mess up I go right in and plead my guilties, apologies and how it will not happen again. Corrective actions if you will. What will happen generally is decided above your immediate supervisor anyway but state your case up front, humbly. We are human and we mess up, part of learning, if your company recognizes that all will be well. If not, well sounds like webmost is spot on, is this job worth it? Good luck