Home General Discussion

What are you reading/smoking

deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
I am reading Bag of Bones- Written by Stephen King Enjoyed a Diamond Back Dulce Humo accompanied by Rum Chata (a drink that taste like cinnamon toast crunch), while reading tonight.

Comments

• djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    Ghost in the Wires Kevin Mitnick
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    I'm knee deep in Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy... and tonight I'm thinkin about smoking El Titan de Bronze Maduro, courtesy of RCY!
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earlier today I sat down with a copy of Cigar Press while I was enjoying that mighty fine My Father #4.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    I just picked up a Kindle, so that will most assuredly be my newest smoking companion. I'm a nerd and love video games, so the first book I plan on getting knocked out is the first novel in the Gears of War series. I know, I'm nerdy.
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Just last night started the Song of Ice and Fire series. I expect this will be a nice winter reading project while smoking in the garage.
    gripnrip:
    Just last night started the Song of Ice and Fire series. I expect this will be a nice winter reading project while smoking in the garage.
    GREAT series.... one thing I did was print out a copy of the world map and used it as a book mark... found I was referring to it a lot...
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    gripnrip:
    GREAT series.... one thing I did was print out a copy of the world map and used it as a book mark... found I was referring to it a lot...
    That is a great tip-tried to get a feel for the map printed in the front of the book before I started reading, but it was tiny (paperback)....even with my cheaters-lol.
  • RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    I'm knee deep in Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy... and tonight I'm thinkin about smoking El Titan de Bronze Maduro, courtesy of RCY!

First, this a cool thread. Read a lot of books when I was in Germany while having a cigar. Just never posted about it. Now I haven't taken the time to do it since being back.

Secondly, how was the El Titan while reading that book? Rainbow Six is good book.

RCY Cigars:
    robbyras:

First, this a cool thread. Read a lot of books when I was in Germany while having a cigar. Just never posted about it. Now I haven't taken the time to do it since being back.

Secondly, how was the El Titan while reading that book? Rainbow Six is good book.

I ended up not having a smoke last night... we got some bad news about my father-in-law, so my wife and I hung out together and watched some TV... I'll probably fire one up this week though
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    robbyras:

I thought it would be a fun thread. I love reading, its neat to see what others read.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JdN Antano while reading Cigar Press. Killer cigar (thanks Brett!!!) proablt the most perfect burn I've ever had!!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • My wife just pre ordered me the new kindle fire for Christmas. I go through about two books a week depending on size. Right now I am reading Brad Thor while I smoke, Dan Brown before bed, and a history book when I ****. The fire should save me some money in the long run.
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    rossdavey2:
    My wife just pre ordered me the new kindle fire for Christmas. I go through about two books a week depending on size. Right now I am reading Brad Thor while I smoke, Dan Brown before bed, and a history book when I ****. The fire should save me some money in the long run.
    My wife works for Brad's dad. How do you like the book?
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I am currently reading "The Defense of Hill 781" by James R. McDonough. Its military reading. Great book! Next book will be "A Bell for Adano". Another military book. And I like to smoke medium cigars. Not the usual Maduro stuff. Something smooth and well blended. Easy to relax with.
  • JudoChinXJudoChinX Posts: 775
    Not currently honed in on any one book, but I have plenty of air travel tomorrow and plan on getting a lot of short scary stories out of the way. Man I love me some horror. On a somewhat related note, I just watched Carrie for the first time and loved it. I suddenly feel compelled to give that a read.
  • Dark Roast:
    rossdavey2:
    My wife just pre ordered me the new kindle fire for Christmas. I go through about two books a week depending on size. Right now I am reading Brad Thor while I smoke, Dan Brown before bed, and a history book when I ****. The fire should save me some money in the long run.
    My wife works for Brad's dad. How do you like the book?
    I've enjoyed them. I have read two now. I am going to look out for more of his stuff.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    ... I can't read and smoke at the same time. Each one distracts me from the other. I am Reading some Stephen King short stories though.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Textbooks, finance case studies, and strategic management... Haha. I just got a box of LHCOF toro's to burn through to ease the pain!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
    almost done with Bag of Bones... trying to decide if I want another King book or maybe some old VC Andrews.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    deejmemixx:
    almost done with Bag of Bones... trying to decide if I want another King book or maybe some old VC Andrews.
    Do yourself a favor and read something by Dennis Lehane. Gone Baby Gone, Mystic River, or his latest Moonlight Bay. Forget that some are movies because the written story is so much better than the films. Lehane is a master of storytelling.
    kaspera79:
    deejmemixx:
    Do yourself a favor and read something by Dennis Lehane. Gone Baby Gone, Mystic River, or his latest Moonlight Bay. Forget that some are movies because the written story is so much better than the films. Lehane is a master of storytelling.
    Books are always better than the movie. I have the name written down, thanks for the heads up.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    ... I can't read and smoke at the same time. Each one distracts me from the other. I am Reading some Stephen King short stories though.
    I just finished "Everythings Eventual." Some good stories in there. I love King.
    One God, One Truth
    roland_7707:
    kaspera79:
    I just finished "Everythings Eventual." Some good stories in there. I love King.
    Him and Koontz are my fav.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading this book on the recommendation of a brother.really good book so far!! photo IMG_20141020_172405_zpsfm65byfl.jpg
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• benhanksbenhanks Posts: 342 ✭✭
    The Truth of the Cross by RC Sproul
    Hoyo de Monterrey
    Woodford Reserve
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly textbooks. When I do find some reading time for pleasure, I've been reading the third book in the Game of Thrones series.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't judge because I will punch you in the throat. The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks. I said shutty.
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    Don't judge because I will punch you in the throat. The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks. I said shutty.
    My wife said you can borrow the Twilight series and she'll bomb you some tampons.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    youngryan216:
    jsnake:
    My wife said you can borrow the Twilight series and she'll bomb you some tampons.
    Hot damn! Someone needs a throat punch.
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    youngryan216:
    jsnake:

Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29