Home General Discussion
Options

Daily Deal

CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
So did anyone get in on that #2 typo? Wish I'd logged on earlier, I would gave been all over that! I'm sure some of you got lucky.

Comments

• Options
    TeegeTeege Posts: 660
    Nope i looked 12 mins after it posted and it was already gone....
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    I wish!!! They caught that and pulled it down quick...

weird though, that not only was the purchase price wrong... the MSRP was wrong, as well as the discount %... not sure how they missed that to begin with, but I sure wish I would've been able to grab one before they caught it! lol
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    I looked at this today or early morning hours and about fell over. Took a screen shot and calling when ccom opens to have them honor the deal. If your wanting this dealio, best be doing the same cause they might ask for it...Ill update later this afternoon with my finding.
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    RampMonkey:
    I looked at this today or early morning hours and about fell over. Took a screen shot and calling when ccom opens to have them honor the deal. If your wanting this dealio, best be doing the same cause they might ask for it...Ill update later this afternoon with my finding.
    Edit....
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    RampMonkey:
    yup... nothing quite like **** the guys that go out of their way to get deals for people on the forum.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    RampMonkey:
    yup... nothing quite like **** the guys that go out of their way to get deals for people on the forum.
    LOLLLLLL
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    RampMonkey:
    well said

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    RampMonkey:
    Aaron, with all due respect (which is considerable), I have to concur here...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Ken Light:
    kuzi16:
    RampMonkey:
    yeah, I would have to agree with everyone here, Ramp, but would tone it down a bit.

I wouldn't grab the deal after they puled it down, but would never judge you if you did. But if you do happen to get the deal at this point, whatever it was, please don't forward the screen shot you took around, and please keep the details of the deal under wraps so that others who missed it don't try to get in on it.

just offering my opinion.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    boydmcgowan:
    Ken Light:
    kuzi16:
    RampMonkey:
    yeah, I would have to agree with everyone here, Ramp, but would tone it down a bit.

I wouldn't grab the deal after they puled it down, but would never judge you if you did. But if you do happen to get the deal at this point, whatever it was, please don't forward the screen shot you took around, and please keep the details of the deal under wraps so that others who missed it don't try to get in on it.

I agree with Body on this, but I also know Aaron well enough to know that this was NOT what he was trying to do. All of us have gotten caught up in something or other before and just need to have a gentle reminder from a FRIEND that maybe we need to look up and see what is going on. At the end of the day Aaron was just trying to help some other brothers get a great deal, and lost track of the thought that Tim and Ccom is who started this place and just needs a reminder is all.

The reminder is there, he knows whats up and it's all settled down. Our mistakes do not define us, but rather what we do with the knowledge of our mistakes from here forwards. Aaron has ALWAYS been a stand-up citizen and friend, lets not hang him up on the cross guys because we have all done something a little thick-headed before. Don't cast the first stone... right? -- Brett
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    boydmcgowan:
    Ken Light:
    kuzi16:
    RampMonkey:

I agree with Body on this, but I also know Aaron well enough to know that this was NOT what he was trying to do. All of us have gotten caught up in something or other before and just need to have a gentle reminder from a FRIEND that maybe we need to look up and see what is going on. At the end of the day Aaron was just trying to help some other brothers get a great deal, and lost track of the thought that Tim and Ccom is who started this place and just needs a reminder is all.

The reminder is there, he knows whats up and it's all settled down. Our mistakes do not define us, but rather what we do with the knowledge of our mistakes from here forwards. Aaron has ALWAYS been a stand-up citizen and friend, lets not hang him up on the cross guys because we have all done something a little thick-headed before. Don't cast the first stone... right? -- Brett
    What we do in life, echoes in ETERNITY!
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    ok, so i think the point has been made... no need to pile it on... Aaron gets the point I'm sure...

Side note, I actually saw the deal come up at 9pm... I came THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS close to ordering it... 10 sticks for $17 is pretty good...
  • Options
    robbyras:
    ok, so i think the point has been made... no need to pile it on... Aaron gets the point I'm sure...

Side note, I actually saw the deal come up at 9pm... I came THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS close to ordering it... 10 sticks for $17 is pretty good...
    +1 We are all friends here guys, so lets be friends and move forward with purpose. I have respect and caring for all of you and really hate to see anyone cut-up or drawing lines in the sand. It hurts all of us, so lets get back to the regular order of business and have some fun ;) Thanks guys, and hope all have a great day!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I really shouldn't post before noon. Only gets me in trouble. Aaron, if you're reading this thread, check for a PM.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    To help lighten up the thread here is a real daily deal its a 4 for 1 deal!!

• Options
    Teege:

PLEASE tell me you got in on this deal in time TJ!
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    My eyes, my eyes !!! and I was in the middle of eating lunch too...just dry heaved. Damn it why did I click on this.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    good god man... HA! I don't know whether to laugh or cry...
  • Options
    jasonusa1:
    Teege:

Not only did I get in on this I have plenty leftovers!!
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    TJ... I hate you again.
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    TJ... I hate you again.
    BWAHAHAHA!!! Way to go TJ and thank you... I know you know why ;)
  • Options
    kaspera79:
    TJ... I hate you again.
    Dude.. why the hate? He SAID he has leftovers.
  • Options
    VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Ill add a bit of fuel to the fire here to say I thought Kuzi's comment was funny (which is why I posted LOL)-----I didnt say that Aarons idea was wrong.....didnt say it was right either, but I do see the mans point.
  • Options
    boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    90+ Irishman:
    boydmcgowan:
    Ken Light:
    kuzi16:
    RampMonkey:

Ramp, PM Brother, hope no hard feelings we're taken because that wasn't the intent.
  • Options
    jasonusa1:
    Teege:

Those ring sizes just keep getting larger and larger...can I have 4 lanceros instead?
  • Options
    It's not ring sizes its hula hoop size
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    To my brothers:

1st off I want to apologize for any misleading or intent that I may have/had about this post. I had no intent any way shape or form of doing anything to conduct business on this deal. Clearly this was a typo and I’m sure a lot of folks were just as shocked as I was when I stubble across this in the early wee hours of the morning.

2nd: I would like to thank the good brothers here that called me on it and kept me in check. I am only human and not perfect. I can say that with out any embarrassment. We can hope that one can learn from their mistakes. I wanted to correct my actions this morning but with only having the option of reading the post and unable to reply due to using work equipment.

If I had offended anyone here, please accept my apology. Thanks again and I consider the matter resolved, and closed.
  • Options
    RampMonkey:
    To my brothers:

1st off I want to apologize for any misleading or intent that I may have/had about this post. I had no intent any way shape or form of doing anything to conduct business on this deal. Clearly this was a typo and I’m sure a lot of folks were just as shocked as I was when I stubble across this in the early wee hours of the morning.

2nd: I would like to thank the good brothers here that called me on it and kept me in check. I am only human and not perfect. I can say that with out any embarrassment. We can hope that one can learn from their mistakes. I wanted to correct my actions this morning but with only having the option of reading the post and unable to reply due to using work equipment.

If I had offended anyone here, please accept my apology. Thanks again and I consider the matter resolved, and closed.
    Yet another example of a stand up BOTL here on these forums.
    And there are only 4 perfect people in this world as evident from the picture earlier in this thread. Not everyone can live up to those standards :)
    In all honesty I'm proud to be part of a group where something like this can happen and not only is someone called out but they take responsibility and don't get butthurt. It says alot about you RM and the other guys on this forum.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Our mistakes do not define us, but rather what we do with the knowledge of our mistakes from here forwards. Aaron has ALWAYS been a stand-up citizen and friend, lets not hang him up on the cross guys because we have all done something a little thick-headed before. Don't cast the first stone... right? -- Brett
    Well Said Brett!!! Personally I would of counseled Aaron in private regarding this given the opportunity. Given the graciousness of CCom and their excellent customer service it would be the right thing to forgo any errors they have made in the advertisements.
  • Options
    The Kid:
    90+ Irishman:
    Our mistakes do not define us, but rather what we do with the knowledge of our mistakes from here forwards. Aaron has ALWAYS been a stand-up citizen and friend, lets not hang him up on the cross guys because we have all done something a little thick-headed before. Don't cast the first stone... right? -- Brett
    Well Said Brett!!! Personally I would of counseled Aaron in private regarding this given the opportunity. Given the graciousness of CCom and their excellent customer service it would be the right thing to forgo any errors they have made in the advertisements.
    Thank you Rudy, I very much appreciate the support brother. Aaron is food people and a close personal friend of mine as well so I knew that how it came across was a mistake and not what he intended and so I tried to give some brothers a little perspective until Aaron could respond so that it wouldn't get out of hand vim very proud of many many brothers in here and this is a great place. I think it's time to move forward with purpose and get back to the crazy antics!!! Which reminds me, Rudy if you receive anymore Ramen... Well put some of that new hot sauce with it and smoke a good stick after ;) (Insert evil laugh here)