Home General Discussion

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
NEWBIES to the CCOM forum, break the ice here with a small introduction or something to make you feel a bit comfortable posting on the forum. We now have over 900 members, but less that 10% of them post with any kind of regularity.

So don't be shy just cuz you're new, most of us (if not all) will welcome you with open arms and be happy to have you as part of the community so long as you are decent and respectful.

Disclaimer: I by no means speak for the community at large, but I've got a hunch that quite a few people would agree with me.

Joe
Post edited by TheCigarChick on

Comments

• rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I agree completely and I think this is an awesome idea for a thread Joe.

...and to all the new members. Welcome!
  • dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    Hi I'm John, 39, live in the Dallas area and have been smoking cigars for a while now. Just stumbled onto this site and started reading the posts. 
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Of course it is great to hear from new members , as well as the over 900 current members. WE are all a group with something in common, the enjoyment of cigars with questions to be asked, answered, and experiences to share.
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    Great idea Joe...I love it

John, welcome to the forum. Would I be pretentious in saying "Go Cowboys"?
  • MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    Welcome to the site John, just across the red river in Oklahoma...and I'm a horns fan, been one since I lived in Wichita Falls for 7 years.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    John, welcome. Stick around and post some.

I'm glad this was fairly well received, we'll see where it goes from here.

Joe
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Hello there! I'm Nate a 25 yr. old Cigar Aficianado wannabe from Wisconsin. I bought a 15 cigar humidor and 10 premium cigars over a year and a half ago, smoked them wrong, smoked them too fast, let them dry out and never touched them again. Just recently I got back in the saddle (we're talking two weeks ago) and now I'm going all out! New Humidor on the way to hold 150, Cigar of the month club on it's way, and starting things slow and taking my time! Glad to be here!
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    Nate, glad to have you on the Forum. Looks like your getting a good start for the second time around. Lots of good info already posted and you have a bunch of BOTLs with tons of knowledge waiting to help.
  • pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    Alright Nate! Glad your on board!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Nate, Welcome ! This site is full of great people, with a wide range of experience and knowledge. Hope you feel at home here. Cigar of the month should bring you some great samples to help you find what you like best. I always suggest sampler packs especially the ones that feature 90+ rated cigars. Find a brand you like from that sampler and then buy a sampler that has that label Worked well for me.
  • firemshllfiremshll Posts: 19
    I'm Matt from Birmingham, AL. Very new to cigars (about 1 month). Site was recommended by a friend of mine and so far I've picked up some great tips - thank you to everyone for those. If anyone from around Birmingham should read this, please recommend a good local B&M!
    Welcome Matt ( hehe, welcome mat) to the forums. This is a great site, and these forums are great for getting info from a lot of knowledgeable people, so stick around, post a lot and smoke it up, cuz life is short and you may as well do what you enjoy.

Joe
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Joe this is an excellent idea. Welcome everyone. Matt check out rtda.org it has a tobacconist locator. I travel a lot and live by that site :).
    I guess you could say I'm a newbie as well I've only been on this forum since the 15th. But I was on the old Amback forum every now and then and have belonged to a few others. I dove right in head first, probably been the most active person on the forum in these couple of weeks. What can I say its slow at work right now but I can't smoke a cigar at work so the next best thing is this. My advice to the newbies is to not be scared to look dumb. Thats the point in this, ask questions, jump into threads, give your opinion. Most of all .... happy smoking
  • firemshllfiremshll Posts: 19
    Thanks, madurofan. I checked out that site and I've found a B&M in Birmingham that I didn't know about! Awesome.
    Not a problem buddy. Only one warning that site includes ALL retailers. Sometimes you'll end up at a place that sells cigarettes and such and has a 1000ct humi in the corner. Hopefully that doesn't happen to you but it has happened once or twice to me.
    Yeah, or you end up at a head shop that has a dozen boxes of cigars off to the side in a case. I went to look at cigars (what few they had), but my friend couldn't seem to pry himself away from the colored glass.

Joe
    j0z3r:
    Yeah, or you end up at a head shop that has a dozen boxes of cigars off to the side in a case. I went to look at cigars (what few they had), but my friend couldn't seem to pry himself away from the colored glass.

Joe
    Haha well we know the kind of friends Joe has now.
    madurofan:
    j0z3r:

Joe
    Haha well we know the kind of friends Joe has now.
    Lol, yeah unfortunately this is the case. Oh well, can't control what other people do, so as long as they keep it away from me, that'll have to be good enough.
  • wasserlooswasserloos Posts: 2
    So its time to welcome another newbie to this spectacular site. I have been calling myself a newbie for a few weeks now... yes that is right, a fresh, innocent cigar smoker of 3 weeks. Since my first smoke action I have been addicted. I must say that I have been around cigars for a long time, but it was only till 3 weeks ago that I was introduced to the finer point of cigars. My palette cannot get enough of them. That’s all for now... happy smoking! Dave
    Welcome aboard wasserloos.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    wasserloos:
    So its time to welcome another newbie to this spectacular site. I have been calling myself a newbie for a few weeks now... yes that is right, a fresh, innocent cigar smoker of 3 weeks. Since my first smoke action I have been addicted. I must say that I have been around cigars for a long time, but it was only till 3 weeks ago that I was introduced to the finer point of cigars. My palette cannot get enough of them. That’s all for now... happy smoking! Dave
    I see by your avitar that you are into the scuba thing. Xikar makes a cigar case thats water tight down to 125ft. good luck smoking it down there.
  • Bsneed51Bsneed51 Posts: 22
    My name is Brent, and I am 32 years old, and I've been smoking cigars for a little over a year now.  I would say that I have jumped in with both feet and tried to immerse myself in this hobby full tilt.  I was a member of the CCOM forums before they switched over to the this new format, and I just found my way back.  I have found over the past year that I am drawn to Pepin blend cigars, and anything and everything Padron.  Anyway, that's my info.
    Ahh a fellow Don Pepin smoker. Have you had a Tatuaje Cojonu 2003 or 2006. 03 is better in my opinion but the 06 is still good. Make sure you have something on your stomach before that smoke. It is my favorite smoke of all time, better than any cubans I've smoked.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    Ahh a fellow Don Pepin smoker. Have you had a Tatuaje Cojonu 2003 or 2006. 03 is better in my opinion but the 06 is still good. Make sure you have something on your stomach before that smoke. It is my favorite smoke of all time, better than any cubans I've smoked.
    that is a bold statement my friend. ... makes me wanna try one.
    Now that statement is made about the 2003 which if you can find them please let me know I've been trying to buy a box for quite some time. The 2006 is in my top 10.

madurofan:

Thanks for the welcome.  Yes I am a huge fan of Tatuaje cigars, and I am currently trying to get my hands on at least one of each blend.  My favorite so far has been the Reserve J21, but I enjoyed the Cojonu very much as well.  I just recently was able to get my hands on a Bombazo, and I have an RC233 coming in as well.  I still have many others to try, but I'm getting there. 

Have you had the Tat Black? I've been tryiing to get my hands on one or two of those. Did you have both the 03 and 06?

madurofan:
    Have you had the Tat Black? I've been tryiing to get my hands on one or two of those. Did you have both the 03 and 06?

The wife called over lunch and said I had a FedEx package,  and it contains my jar of Tat Blacks.  I'm pretty excited to actually try one.  I have had the 03 Cojonu, but not the 06 yet.  I have a couple of them in my humi, just haven't gotten around to smoking them.  I haven't heard a lot of good things about the 06 so I'm in no hurry.

the 06 is good but its not the 03 ... would you be interested in a possible trade for one or two of those tat blacks?