Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

I'm going to try an Ashton VSG Corona Gorda. Had one before but don't remember a whole bunch about it. This has been resting for about 16 months, so I'm looking forward to it.

Comments

• PKJHPKJH Posts: 11
    I am trying a partagas that has been resting for a bit in my humidor.
  • joeten5joeten5 Posts: 11
    I just tried a La Aurora Leon Jimenes Belicoso maduro from a sampler that i received several months ago. The dark maduro wrapper of this cigar had a very pronounced vein structure. When i removed it from the humidor i looked closely and found that it had an oily bloom! I guess this is a good thing? This cigar was a bit strong for me yet the very spicy and varying complex flavors kept me intrigued enough to want more. The draw was effortless and it stayed burning well with a nice white ash right down to the nub, even with only one or two puffs a minute. I read that this one got a CA rating of 93. I think i am becoming a maduro fan very early in my smoking and collecting hobby. I will put this one on a box list for sure.
  • skiwawskiwaw Posts: 10
    y
  • skiwawskiwaw Posts: 10
    We had general cigar rep at my local BM tonight he was passing out some Punch cigars. What a good time when everyone shows up for a free cigar and conversation. My BM turned a large room out back into a lounge. Will spend alot more time there cause the wife does not appreciate a fine cigar.
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    skiwaw:
    We had general cigar rep at my local BM tonight he was passing out some Punch cigars. What a good time when everyone shows up for a free cigar and conversation. My BM turned a large room out back into a lounge. Will spend alot more time there cause the wife does not appreciate a fine cigar.
    I do appreciate going to my B & M for an event. A couple of cold ones and some good converation, hard to beat. I haven't explored the world of Punch, what did you have and what did you think?
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Lighting up a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet No. 4. These things are my babies, I have not smoked much else this week.
  • handypantzhandypantz Posts: 86
    smoked a macanundo gold label last night....was utterly un-impressed....tonight im going to smoke a gurkha legend perfecto to make me feel better
    Had myself a La Flor Domincana L300, aged 9 mos. This smoke was perfect for the night. Lots of smooth flavor, med to med-full body, hint of sweet spice, some earthiness and a woody flavor, great burn, plenty of smoke, finger tips burnt. Went nicely with a touch of Glenfiddich. Very happy!!
  • golfcigarjunkiegolfcigarjunkie Posts: 61
    I smoked a Padila Miami Belicoso Fino today....what a great cigar has been aging for a year and is one of my favourites.
  • RathavenRathaven Posts: 7
    I had an Ashton VSG last night, it was wonderful. On tonight's menu is a Punch Rare Corojo El Doble that's been in the humi since 2-10-07. I selected it last night and moved it to the top tray so I wouldn't forget and grab a Sol Cubano as I almost alwys do.
  • TccargillTccargill Posts: 23
    Last night I resorted back to my personal favorite, CAO cx2, and it was great. Tonight I think ill try my 5 Vegas Miami, I keep hearing everybody say how good of a cigar it is so I think ill try it for myself.
    Had myself a Cabaiguan Guapo that was been sleeping for 6 months. This is a new one for me. Overall it was ok, just didn't get me excited.
    Had about an hour drive to the airport tonight...with last cigar.com buy I got their house sampler...so I grabbed a cigar.com cuban label. No offense to cigar.com but I wasnt expecting much...but I was pleasantly suprised...the cigar drew and burned well and had decent flavor.....not an amazing smoke or any excitement but for the price its a pretty good smoke..........well done cigar.com
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    yes, the cigar.com cuban label is very good.
  • ChevyChevy Posts: 61
    Camacho Diploma for me tonight
  • It is not night but right now I am smoking a pepin garcia vegas cubanas.
    I had a Padilla Obsidian (original release) that had been aging 18 months and really didn't care for it. I have had a few with the same results, the flavor profile and I just don't get along. With that, I fired up a Rocky Patel Corojo Edge and enjoyed.
  • Today I had a Gurkha Titan and a CAO 65th Anniversary.
  • joeten5joeten5 Posts: 11
    with a 3.5 hour ride home from a trip to NY City today before i left this morning i chose a Monticristo Media Noche churchill. What a sweet 2.5 hour smoke, literally it was sweet! A very well balanced cosistant smoke with a good punch right to the very end.
  • kaveniuskavenius Posts: 46

Despite being 29 degrees outside, I decided to light up an A Fuente Rothschild Maduro and take a walk... it's a bit "woody" and peppery for my novice pallete... it tended to dry my mouth.

I still lean toward the Acid One for now...

• RailedRailed Posts: 30
    rockey patel sun grown toro. It started off alittle spicy but has mellowed out now that I'm halfway through it
  • spidahspidah Posts: 12
    One of the Nicaraguan Primeros (Churchill).  Shameless plug for the site but these have  made it into regular rotation around here.  Great smoke for the $.
    Last night had a 3 hour drive back to the place where I work...lit up a punch gran puro and was floored by the cigar. I detected so many flavors and it was awesome right up to the end. Might actually have to buy a box now
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Just finished a Cigar.Com Red label Torpedo...and dang if it has not aged quite nicely at one year ;)
    Had myself an Oliva Series G Maduro Torpedo tonight. Not a bad smoke, especially for the $$$. Pretty smooth, an occasional hint of spice, a little maduro sweetness, with a bit of coffee.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Had my first RP Vintage 1990 today, and all I can say is "WoW!" What a very enjoyable cigar :D Definately made it to my "Buy a box" list ;)
  • carmike22carmike22 Posts: 70

Had a Rocky Patel Decade robusto. Awesome smoke. Highly recommend to anyone that has not tried it. Had some leather, wood and earth notes with a hint of sweetness. Nice medium body smoke.

Last night was a 5 Vegas Serie A...I was sadly disappointed. The cigar was a maduro wrapper and very veiny. Didnt have much problems with the draw or the burn but found the cigar to unexciting to my palate. Flavors of leather throughout..without many flavors. A few good puffs though...wouldnt totally discredit the cigar
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    today was the first day in a while the sun was out, and it was fairly warm, about 57. I went to the park down the street, backed my jeep up to a park bench, turned on the tunes and smoked my cares away. Had a monte #2, as always a wonderfull smoke. had about 3 years on it in my humi.
    cigar.com blue label...mild and creamy...with good flavors at the end....cigar.com still ceases to amaze me