Home Non Cigar Related

Leonard Nimoy Dead at 83

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
Damn, RIP my friend. Star Trek has provided me a ton of enjoyment and you seemed to be a true ambassador."That's the kind of eminently logical argument that Spock would make and speaks to how being involved in a progressive, socially-conscious series like Star Trek must have helped shape Nimoy's worldview going forward. One of the reasons the franchise has endured is that it imagines a future Earth free of prejudice and strife. Through his life and work on-screen and off, Nimoy sought to make that world of tomorrow possible today."

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Live long, and prosper...
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sad news indeed.
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Local Boston boy made good.

Fun fact: Nimoy "invented" the "Vulcan greeting" on Star Trek, based on his memories of growing up in an Orthodox Jewish family in Dorchester. The greeting is a ritual gesture made by Orthodox rabbis, who spread their fingers to create the Hebrew letter shin as they stand in front of the ark holding the Torah. The shin represents the name of "El Shaddai," one of the many names of the Jewish God in the Old Testament.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Just saw this. Now my day sucks. So sad.
    One God, One Truth
  • jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP, Mr. Spock. Make it so..... ??
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rest in peace and thanks for helping to change so many generations and redefine so many genres, you will be missed Leonard.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    One of my first TV heroes, this makes my face sad
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    photo Spock2_zpsolele0ml.jpg
    This^^^^^ :(
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Death is part of life. He did live long and prosper. I wish him wind at his back as the takes the final treck.
  • CrouseferCrousefer Posts: 445 ✭✭
    They just need a vulcan somewhere up in that great big sky. Rest n peace.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    I heard this sad news at work yesterday, grew up watching Star Trek. Think I will pop in a DVD tonight, God Speed Leonard.

• The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, that's an ornament my wife got me, I keep it on my desk.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astronaut Terry Virts posted this on twitter. Pretty cool pic.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    ^ Love it.
  • jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    ^ Love it.

Yes....very cool thing to do.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Live long, prosper, and keep on hangin' and bangin'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ount2tzSRUs