Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

A BigShizzan' Contest for a Great Cause

EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
Okay here is the deal: As everyone knows, or ought to know, the BigShizza is in school to become a social worker---the perfect job, I think for someone with a heart as big as his. Currently he is doing an internship with an organization that provides services to adults with substance abuse disorders. The organization is struggling in a lot of ways and because of that the BigShizza isn't able to provide even basic things like food when people come in for help. And because this is an intership, the BigShizza is paying to be there so doesn't have the resources to help as much as he would like.

I want to help BigShizza raise a little money to feed these folks even if it is only a for a week or two. As we all have experienced, BigShizza would give the shirt of his back to any one of us if we needed it, and I know it is really hard for him (being who he is) to not help more. So here is what I propose:

Let's each of us send $10 to BigShizza to help him buy food and other basic needs for his clients. If you can send more, that's okay too.

THIS IS A GREAT CHANCE FOR ALL THE NEWBIES WHO HAVE RECEIVED A "NEWSLETTER" FROM BIGSHIZZA TO SAY THANK YOU.

While none of us should need a reason to help out BigShizza, I'm going to sweeten the pot just a tiny bit--I am putting up a small My Father sampler as a prize (see picture below). Donate $10 you get one chance, donate $20 you get two and so on. I'll draw a number when I do the regular lottery at the end of the month using a list BigShizza provides.

But here is the deal (and I really need your help here) this is about helping for no other reason than to help. If BigShizza hints that he is going to retaliate or if he offers to put up a prize of his own, then we all have to stop donating. This is about us helping him without any expectations (with the exception of a crappy little sampler from me) Okay? Questions? I imagine that BigShizza will take either checks or paypall. PM him for details.

Here is what I am donating:image

-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."

Comments

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You had me at Jim.....
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Eric and Steve-- appreciate it!
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    I'm definitely in to help out fo sho. Maybe do like some have done in the past and set up a page on that GoFundMe site which you can donate directly to through Paypal.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM sent to Shizz
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in on that Echambers! Great cause
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm In, will be sending today Jimmy.
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    PM to ya Jim
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim, if paypal is ok I will toss some your way next week.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    im in, but won't come until next week
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Don't want in the contest. Just wanted to say I love ya Jim and you deserve all the good things that happen to you :)image
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in also for a good cause and a good guy.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Don't want in the contest. Just wanted to say I love ya Jim and you deserve all the good things that happen to you :)image
    Tax season dawg. Can I claim this as a charitable donation next year?
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    Tax season dawg. Can I claim this as a charitable donation next year?
    Yes! This is a not for profit.
    I was just joking, but if I remember next year maybe I''ll try it. I'm still mad at Virginia..I owe $349 and have not been in that state for 2+ years.
  • benhanksbenhanks Posts: 342 ✭✭
    I'm sending mine snail mail. Good idea Eric!
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just sent mine to Jim via paypal.
    You guys rock!
    Yeah very cool!! Thanks everyone! Impressive as always
  • Backing the Texas Alliance's support of ShizzAid. I'm in. Snail mail.
  • bump1
    Bad Daddy Rabbit:
    Backing the Texas Alliance's support of ShizzAid. I'm in. Snail mail.
    Way to represent :)
    Rain:
    Bad Daddy Rabbit:
    Backing the Texas Alliance's support of ShizzAid. I'm in. Snail mail.
    Way to represent :)
    Thanks Lone Star state!!
  • benhanksbenhanks Posts: 342 ✭✭
    I lied, I said snail mail but then I did it PayPal. I'm crazy like that. PayPal is too easy!
    Thanks to everyone involved..
    Bigshizza:
    Thanks you for being so shizzatic!
    Echambers:
    Bigshizza:
    Now I can get my new liver!!
    Bigshizza:
    Echambers:
    Bigshizza:
    Now I can get my new liver!!
    Ha! Would you even be eligible????
    Over $200.00 thus far will go along ways! I can buy TP, coffee, creamer and sugar! The major staples... Thanks again!!!
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Shizzman my old friend! I jumped back on just in time. PM me your PP acct. Good to see you are still running the show around here.