Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar Geeks app

New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
Anyone else use it? I just got it yesterday (23 Nov 14) cost me $4 on Android. Sign up on the website, and get the app. They sync together. It's pretty neat!

Here is mine

Comments

• Options
    StubbleStubble Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that a one time charge, or a monthly charge? Seem like a lot of money for what it is...either way.
    Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • Options
    It's a one time deal, for that app. $4 is a bit pricey...I think $2 is more logical. But hey, I can't really complain.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use their humidor inventory to keep track of what I have. I have the mobile app too, but usually just use my laptop.
  • Options
    youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    If you have an android phone you can download "Google Opinion Rewards" from the Google Play store for free. Every few days you get a 2 question survey and make about $.15 per survey completed. You just have to wait for a survey to pop up and then you stack your money. I get all my paid apps for free.

Hope this makes the app more easily available to other BOTL.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Options
    Very nice, Ryan. Thanks!
  • Options
    MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice. I might take some surveys to see if I can get the app that way!

I looked at this before; it seems to have about the best database of an online humidor. Still, it's a bit of a pain. I just entered 77 sticks and am blurry from it. 24 of those were a box I just got. I have 50+ singles to enter. I might just have to smoke them so I don't have to worry about it.

Seriously, I've wanted something like this, but I don't know if I'll keep up with it or not.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    Martel:
    Nice. I might take some surveys to see if I can get the app that way!

I looked at this before; it seems to have about the best database of an online humidor. Still, it's a bit of a pain. I just entered 77 sticks and am blurry from it. 24 of those were a box I just got. I have 50+ singles to enter. I might just have to smoke them so I don't have to worry about it.

Seriously, I've wanted something like this, but I don't know if I'll keep up with it or not.
    Agreed....I finished putting all mine in. 157 cigars in total, only 2 have numbers higher than 3. SO SO SO many singles. It's rough, and some are listed weird in the database. I think though, that IF you keep up with it...it can be an amazing tool.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you get it set up, it is pretty easy to maintain. Search is great. You just type in Tatuaje for example and it will show you every one you have and how long it has been aging. Once or twice a year I will export the list to a spreadsheet then go through my cooler and cross them off as I go. Gives me a chance to check my smokes and update the list.
  • Options
    D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    Was not familiar with this, looks like a useful inventory tool. And a +1 for the Google Opinion surveys, those small amounts add up and it only takes a few seconds to complete
  • Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    Once you get it set up, it is pretty easy to maintain. Search is great. You just type in Tatuaje for example and it will show you every one you have and how long it has been aging. Once or twice a year I will export the list to a spreadsheet then go through my cooler and cross them off as I go. Gives me a chance to check my smokes and update the list.
    nerd alert. :)
  • Options
    ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Dont know if i can spend 4 bucks when i can just look it up and write the date on the cigar.
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Options
    youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    The database is pretty extensive. But, it has crashed my phone twice where I had to reboot completely. I entered less than 50 sticks lol

I don't really lose it when apps crash and whatnot though, the programmers usually fix bugs as the app ages.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tried to keep an inventory, but it doesn't work very well. Soon as I get them entered, I've gotta go delete the ones I smoked and put into flat rates. Then I get frustrated. It's too much like balancing my checkbook. I can see using a database for something that you get and just save forever, but cigars are for smokin' and sharing. Keeping track would be like another part-time job.
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    Slight update - I just did 1 survey, with 1 question - I know have $1 in credit.
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puff_Dougie:
    I've tried to keep an inventory, but it doesn't work very well. Soon as I get them entered, I've gotta go delete the ones I smoked and put into flat rates. Then I get frustrated. It's too much like balancing my checkbook. I can see using a database for something that you get and just save forever, but cigars are for smokin' and sharing. Keeping track would be like another part-time job.
    I agree with this. I started out using an app but it got to be a chore keeping up.