Home General Discussion
Options

Wtf oliva!

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
So the new maduro v is out and well it's a 6x60. I wasn't a fan of the 2013 size and really liked the 2011-2012 sizes and earlier. But crap going big for this "special" release has really turned me off!
Money can't buy taste

Comments

• Options
    UnicornUnicorn Posts: 451 ✭✭
    I don't think I've figured out my size limit quite yet.
  • Options
    EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unicorn:
    It feels like that should have ended in a rim shot.
  • Options
    PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard about the size last week, looking forward to trying it. Probably will not be picking up a box however.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • Options
    UnicornUnicorn Posts: 451 ✭✭
    Eulogy:
    Unicorn:
    It feels like that should have ended in a rim shot.
    Cotton.
  • Options
    Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Posts: 4,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a sneak preview from the factory just before the band went on...

Walt Basil is gonna have stretch marks for sure!
    "When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." - Charles Haddon Spurgeon
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Patrickbrick:
    I heard about the size last week, looking forward to trying it. Probably will not be picking up a box however.
    Same here.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol! I like the idea of a new size each year. Ill prob pass on this one. I do really enjoy the V maduros though. Maybe bext year will be a lancero to even it out!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear Oliva,
    Is this a **** joke?

DZR
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    Lol! I like the idea of a new size each year. Ill prob pass on this one. I do really enjoy the V maduros though. Maybe bext year will be a lancero to even it out!
    that would be incredible!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I get it, that big ring gauge cigars sell in America. This is a shame. F#*K 60 rg.
  • Options
    ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    Biggest ring gauge i am willing to smoke are nubs and those are big to me
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Options
    wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Is there some down side to big rings I dont know about? Or is it a pen15 thing? I like cool smoke so I like big rings. I prefer at least a 50 so this v may be the v for me.
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • Options
    wahooschock:
    Is there some down side to big rings I dont know about? Or is it a pen15 thing? I like cool smoke so I like big rings. I prefer at least a 50 so this v may be the v for me.
    hahahaaaa no it's not about the pen15 it's more about quality. If your steaming up a small rg puff lighter and smoke slower. Ever wonder why a 6x60 is not too much more expensive then a corona? It's because there is a ton more filler in it! The filler they put in it is most likely extremely cheaper or that cigar would cost a ton more. Smaller rg's have a better wrapper to filler ratio which means you'll get more out of it in flavor. Also it's about how it feels in your mouth and hand...if I was shaq I'd probably smoke larger stuff lol but I still wouldn't go 6x60. But IMO smaller rg's are superior to large rg's
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    wahooschock:
    hahahaaaa no it's not about the pen15 it's more about quality. If your steaming up a small rg puff lighter and smoke slower. Ever wonder why a 6x60 is not too much more expensive then a corona? It's because there is a ton more filler in it! The filler they put in it is most likely extremely cheaper or that cigar would cost a ton more. Smaller rg's have a better wrapper to filler ratio which means you'll get more out of it in flavor. Also it's about how it feels in your mouth and hand...if I was shaq I'd probably smoke larger stuff lol but I still wouldn't go 6x60. But IMO smaller rg's are superior to large rg's
    Thank you. Ill have to experiment with smaller rings I suppose. Darn gonna have to smoke all my favorites in a smaller size lol.
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • Options
    wahooschock:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    wahooschock:
    Thank you. Ill have to experiment with smaller rings I suppose. Darn gonna have to smoke all my favorites in a smaller size lol.
    really though 50rg isn't bad at all! I'll go up to 54 if box pressed or torpedo but usually I'll stick with coronas and lanceros for the most part
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    I go in phases, favoring mostly box-pressed smokes. IMO the robusto is the best way to sample a cigar for the first time. Everyone is making huge rg's now, but I think companies know what the die-hards buy and roll accordingly. Something for everyone.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Options
    Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    OMG das big! lol
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't know it was a different size every year. That being said I've always been a fan of a big ring. But 6x60 is my limit. I think cigars with a lot of different leaves especially when they are coming from different country's benefit greatly from a bigger gage. I've never really liked it when all you can taste is wrapper.