Home Non Cigar Related
Options

scoots and peds

wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
anyone into such things?this is first version of my Honda met.lots of changes to come.she'll do 54 now but im workin on 60.tops out at 40 stock.stretched 6-8 inches and has an 8 inch wide wheel.changing that out for a 5 inch wide for less mass. image
I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
"I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"

Comments

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to get one. I get made fun of when I say I want one though. Eh, I don't care. I may start doing some research soon. Nice lookin scoot.

Also, I've been wanting to build a drift trike too.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    I want to get one. I get made fun of when I say I want one though. Eh, I don't care. I may start doing some research soon. Nice lookin scoot.

Everybody laughs when its stock. After its finished they cant stop staring. Almost caused a few accidents lol. Harley guys love it cause I did all the work and its quick and loud. Totalruckus has info but they aint as friendly as here.what kind were ya lookin ta get? Oh and drift trikes are fun but I dont have one yet ...just not my thing unless its an art piece.
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wahooschock:
    danielzreyes:

Everybody laughs when its stock. After its finished they cant stop staring. Almost caused a few accidents lol. Harley guys love it cause I did all the work and its quick and loud. Totalruckus has info but they aint as friendly as here.what kind were ya lookin ta get? Oh and drift trikes are fun but I dont have one yet ...just not my thing unless its an art piece.
    Honda Ruckus is what really caught my eye. Everytime I go to the mall, I see one in the parking structure. It's stretched with an upgraded exhaust. Looks great.

As far as drift trikes, just a simple gravity powered one. No motor.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wahooschock:
    anyone into such things?this is first version of my Honda met.lots of changes to come.she'll do 54 now but im workin on 60.tops out at 40 stock.stretched 6-8 inches and has an 8 inch wide wheel.changing that out for a 5 inch wide for less mass. image
    Now that looks fine. I was about this close to scoring a Yammie Morphous once upon a time. Scoots are kewl but peds are dweeby.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    webmost:
    wahooschock:
    Now that looks fine. I was about this close to scoring a Yammie Morphous once upon a time. Scoots are kewl but peds are dweeby.
    thanks. I want a Morpheus so bad my ol lady likes riding so it would be great. as for peds being dweeby check out tomahawk mopeds or a jcpenny pinto.ive made my maxi do 60 no problem and it was only 50cc aswell. its all in the tune.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Told ya this thread would be a hit bro! Lots of people dig these things, myself included! Do you build them to sell or just for yourself?
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is the best looking one I have ever seen. I had no idea they could be "worked".
  • Options
    Just myself at the moment .but id work on someones if they wanted..I dont take money though lol.this ones still not done I have to do my fenders and paint my wheels . Love the look of mets. Same frame as a ruckus up front but way better aerodynamics.
  • Options
    Thanks.this ones mild.some are crazy with 2000$$$ wheels mine wher 40$ lol
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Cool, I'd want one with a wheelie bar on it! LOL
  • Options
    lol if ya did a 2 stroke we could make it a safety requirement.they make some sweet drag bikes.they are super quick.
  • Options
    wahooschock:
    I want a Morpheus so bad my ol lady likes riding so it would be great.
    Try riding one first. That's what finally put me off. It's like doing 3/4 of a sit up against the wind. Terrible, terrible ergos.
    wahooschock:
    as for peds being dweeby check out tomahawk mopeds
    Yah, that's not a moped. That's a Puch with pedal start. You want cool? Try this Yammie Y125:
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    webmost:
    wahooschock:
    I want a Morpheus so bad my ol lady likes riding so it would be great.
    Try riding one first. That's what finally put me off. It's like doing 3/4 of a sit up against the wind. Terrible, terrible ergos.
    wahooschock:
    as for peds being dweeby check out tomahawk mopeds
    Yah, that's not a moped. That's a Puch with pedal start. You want cool? Try this Yammie Y125:
    That is beautiful.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Great looking Met, bro! I'm itching for a Ruck but can't swing it right now. Maybe down the road I'll finish my bar-hopper then sell it to afford the Ruck and mods I want to do.
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In 1963 i had a blue Lambretta scooter. I could get 65 mph out of it wound out down a 1 mile hill.
  • Options
    I want a lambretta...my girl wants one more than I do though. She wants to rat it and let it rust some.
  • Options
    imageimageimage still a lot to be done.but getting there.
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    That yammy is just sexy... Its got sway and its not even moving! Here is my little pit mini I built for the races

I need to upgrade my rear sprocket for better speed and a turbo is in the works for the future!

Aj
  • Options
    What engines in that? Is that a lifan?looks fun.
  • Options
    wahooschock:
    yup lifan 150cc. Really zips around pretty good

Aj
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56:
    wahooschock:
    yup lifan 150cc. Really zips around pretty good

Aj
    mo So many upgrades for those.
  • Options
    I know it, and so cheap too. I already have the carb and ignition upgraded, I'd like to do turbo and a ported head in the future
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56:
    I know it, and so cheap too. I already have the carb and ignition upgraded, I'd like to do turbo and a ported head in the future
    Port and turbo yourself or sending it out?
  • Options
    Do it myself, shouldn't be too bad. I figure the hardest part of it all is getting the turbo to spool with only 150cc , but I think a small shot of nos will get it spinning.

Aj
  • Options
    Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    Hows the Hobby coming along?
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • Options
    Cold and slow cause im cold and low...tis the season
  • Options
    wahooschock:
    21 degrees on the porch again this morning. We are in the iron grip of gorebull warbling, and it's not even Thanksgiving yet. Days like this, I ride the KLR, cause the engine is small and has an automatic compression release for starting. Starts easily enough when you first roll out of the garage; but after all day sitting in the office parking lot, the oil gets thick, and it's just tough to get things spinning. Murdercycle batteries are such wee bitty things. And the engines are right out there where the breeze chills them. There's a guy on a bicycle with a Chinese whizzer, who I often see en route. Haven't spotted him for a while. Think he may have packed it in for the season. Or else his whizzer took a whizz. Still see the rare Harley. There's a girl used to come to yoga class on her Kymco. I forget what model. Nice little matching trunk on it. Saw her at class yesterday. She drove her cage. Told me I was insane. Course, a few beemeristas are still at it with their heated suits. Scoots not so much.

There ought to be more scooters on the road. They just make sense.

• Options
    webmost:
    wahooschock:
    21 degrees on the porch again this morning. We are in the iron grip of gorebull warbling, and it's not even Thanksgiving yet. Days like this, I ride the KLR, cause the engine is small and has an automatic compression release for starting. Starts easily enough when you first roll out of the garage; but after all day sitting in the office parking lot, the oil gets thick, and it's just tough to get things spinning. Murdercycle batteries are such wee bitty things. And the engines are right out there where the breeze chills them. There's a guy on a bicycle with a Chinese whizzer, who I often see en route. Haven't spotted him for a while. Think he may have packed it in for the season. Or else his whizzer took a whizz. Still see the rare Harley. There's a girl used to come to yoga class on her Kymco. I forget what model. Nice little matching trunk on it. Saw her at class yesterday. She drove her cage. Told me I was insane. Course, a few beemeristas are still at it with their heated suits. Scoots not so much.

There ought to be more scooters on the road. They just make sense.

Agreed. On so many levels lol. I ride year round like a postal worker...not Newman lol.but depression is more a downer than hail or sleet.
  • Options
    I got tired of riding mine. Im in the process of hanging it up in my entryway along with my triumph daytona.