Home General Discussion
Options

I see you rollin, not hatin. Rollin those smokes all nice and pretty!

LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
Lol please tell me someone got that.... Any who. Do you make your own cigars? I would love to see a video if you hand roll your own sticks! :) I've recently become obsessed with watching videos on people hand Rollin cigars. It's just an awesome process to watch. Would love to see yours pics and/or videos! :)
Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.

Comments

• Options
    jbohonjbohon Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahahaha! I've got the Weird Al version, "White & Nerdy" running through my head now. Thanks a lot brother...

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • Options
    Ha!!! Glad it stuck on someone! Lol
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm. I can maybe do a video. It'd be just the opposite of what you're asking though.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Hmmm. I can maybe do a video. It'd be just the opposite of what you're asking though.
    could play it in reverse.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    Disections aren't as fascinating. Lol
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    I can roll.... but it aint a cigar.

I dunno if that counts.
  • Options
    Sorry... No. Lol
  • Options
    The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭

• Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidChaos66:
    Lol please tell me someone got that.... Any who. Do you make your own cigars? I would love to see a video if you hand roll your own sticks! :) I've recently become obsessed with watching videos on people hand Rollin cigars. It's just an awesome process to watch. Would love to see yours pics and/or videos! :)
    Best ones I have seen are right here ... check out the series by Gdaddy. Real good how-tos.

I roll, but I haven't made any vids. Still learning.

I have a huge batch of leaf coming in today or tomorrow. My present program is to roll just three a day, most every day, all Winter long, until I develop a proficiency. I figure it's like learning to play an instrument -- an hour practice every day. By the time I am half way into this project, I will have such a surplus of perfectos stacked round me in boxes I won't know what to do with them all. Making plans how to give them away. Last night, for instance, I wrapped three in leaf grown by a fellow in CT. Broadleaf binder and CT habano wrapper. He kept a stash for years, and sent me some. I rolled round some criollo 98 seco filler with a touch of Aleman viso. Gonna shoot a batch back at him soon as I roll thru all his CT wrappers. Big veins, but a nice marbled look:

My staple is Criollo 98 filler with a touch of either piloto cubano viso, or Argentine mata fina, or African flojo, for flavor. Sumatra binder and habano wrapper. Dunno if this mix appeals to you. Be glad to send you some hand-rolled for you to evaluate, if you want. Shoot me a PM.

It's way more fun to do than talk about or watch. It's all about playing in the aroma of quality leaves.

Gave up rollin the other stuff many years ago.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    webmost:
    LiquidChaos66:
    Best ones I have seen are right here ... check out the series by Gdaddy. Real good how-tos.

I have a huge batch of leaf coming in today or tomorrow. My present program is to roll just three a day, most every day, all Winter long, until I develop a proficiency. I figure it's like learning to play an instrument -- an hour practice every day. By the time I am half way into this project, I will have such a surplus of perfectos stacked round me in boxes I won't know what to do with them all. Making plans how to give them away. Last night, for instance, I wrapped three in leaf grown by a fellow in CT. Broadleaf binder and CT habano wrapper. He kept a stash for years, and sent me some. I rolled round some criollo 98 seco filler with a touch of Aleman viso. Gonna shoot a batch back at him soon as I roll thru all his CT wrappers. Big veins, but a nice marbled look:

My staple is Criollo 98 filler with a touch of either piloto cubano viso, or Argentine mata fina, or African flojo, for flavor. Sumatra binder and habano wrapper. Dunno if this mix appeals to you. Be glad to send you some hand-rolled for you to evaluate, if you want. Shoot me a PM.

It's way more fun to do than talk about or watch. It's all about playing in the aroma of quality leaves.

Ill check that link out today on my lunch break. :) it looks like one of those things that would be fun to do but something I wouldn't by happy with for myself...Im WAY overly critical on my work (cooking, yard work, cleaning and whatnot) that I think I would discourage myself out of I pretty quickly. lol that stick is rather beautiful! great coloring and I like the marbled look is gorgeous! I would love to try some at some point in time but my humi is fairly full and I am still developing my tasting abilities and would hate to not appreciate one of those to its fullest potential. :) I will however keep that in mind for the future :)
  • Options
    webmost:
    LiquidChaos66:

Now I have a problem. I watched those videos and now I want to try rolling. Oh boy, the wife isn't going to like this... LOL

“I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f@$# with me, I’ll kill you all.” -Gen. James Mattis, USMC
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Web got me started. I think its fun. And tasty.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    When you roll your own sticks... How long do you let them rest before smokin them?
  • Options
    Excellent question! I was just thinking the same thing.

• Options
    LiquidChaos66:
    When you roll your own sticks... How long do you let them rest before smokin them?
    If I try and put on a cap, Ill let it rest for a day or so. If not, its good to go.

My last 3. Look crappy, but smoked and tasted great.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    How about molds? Where can you get a couple single stick molds from? I don't see myself rolling 10 at a time so I'm not sure I'd need one of the large wood ones.

In one of the videos linked earlier, the gentleman was using a small plastic mold. I wouldn't mind getting one or two of those.

• Options
    LiquidChaos66:
    I like to let 'em set three four weeks. You can spark right away; but like anything else, they mellow.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    jbohon:
    How about molds? Where can you get a couple single stick molds from? I don't see myself rolling 10 at a time so I'm not sure I'd need one of the large wood ones.

In one of the videos linked earlier, the gentleman was using a small plastic mold. I wouldn't mind getting one or two of those.

I dunno. I scored an antique ten perfecto mold off E-prey for like forty bucks shipped. Doesn't mean you have to used all ten slots at once. Try that FairTradeTobacco forum. They know everything there is.

• Options
    webmost:
    jbohon:

I dunno. I scored an antique ten perfecto mold off E-prey for like forty bucks shipped. Doesn't mean you have to used all ten slots at once. Try that FairTradeTobacco forum. They know everything there is.
    I'll do that. Thanks! I just don't want to drop a lot of cash into it if it's not something I'm going to stick with. I do like the pressed look though.

• Options
    roland_7707:
    LiquidChaos66:
    If I try and put on a cap, Ill let it rest for a day or so. If not, its good to go.

if those were your first three... The dont look half bad! :)
  • Options
    No, I think number 12, 13, and 14. My first ones looked like tree limbs. It is fun though.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66:
    roland_7707:
    LiquidChaos66:

if those were your first three... The dont look half bad! :)
    Those look great! After reading this thread, I've started reading up over at the other forum and I'm going to order one of the kits from WLT to give it a try. I bet mine don't come out that nice.

• Options
    Pm sir.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    roland_7707:
    Pm sir.
    Back atcha

• Options
    Uh oh.... Did my thread start someone along the Rollin roads?
  • Options
    LiquidChaos66:
    Uh oh.... Did my thread start someone along the Rollin roads?
    Um... yes. My wife will be contacting you shortly. It's best to just let her yell and say yes ma'am a lot.

• Options
    I'm married... I know how that process goes. Lol they yell, we apologize, they yell more and then tire out. Then you bring them chocolate and fly under the radar a few days. Lol then it's all good again. ;)
  • Options
    Actually, I'm luckier than most. She doesn't yell much and I usually deserve it when she does. Oh, and she loves a good cigar. I think quietly she's looking forward to trying one of mine.

• Options
    Like collecting, it gets addicting.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    First order from WLT comes in tomorrow. I can't wait to give a try this weekend.