Home General Discussion

Padron 50th Anniversay

rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
Padron is very secretive about their 50th Anniversary release. Last time when I talked to George Padron in the Nicaraguan cigar festival in February 2014, he also mentioned that this is going to be a phenomenal smoke. I do know that even in May 2014 they were undecided to finalize the blend. Back then they were still in process to select from six different blends. Today I smoked one of those six blends, at least that what I have been told by the person who gave me the cigar. All I can say is the Padron 50th Anniversary will be a phenomenal smoke. I found a new twist in this blend- it has more fruity-floral aroma than other Padron cigars. The chocolate flavor is like double chocolate. Whichever blend make the final cut this is going to be an awesome smoke. I can't wait to get a full humidor.

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    :) when I heard about this I automatically thought about you and thought, "Rip's soooooo on this"
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    oh man. i have to get this. i must save up and get this. i will like this prob more than the cohiba comador
  • rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    photo imagejpg1_zps0a539d69.jpg
    photo imagejpg1_zpsd3963e65.jpg
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You getting both Rip?
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    That's the plan but the family line will be a regular release so my main target is the Limited Edition Humidor. The problem is during the release time I will be on my way packing and moving to Thailand. I hope I don't miss the opportunity.

There is another risk. I know Padron makes good cigar but the humidor is,pretty pricy. What if I do not like the cigar? Is it worth of a humidor purchase? The one I smoked today wasn't the final blend. It was one of the six blends of Padron 50th Anniversary. I have smoked many pre- release and proto type cigars. Usually they are not as same as the final release. Final release passes through rigorous quality control. We will see.
    danielzreyes:
    You getting both Rip?
    photo imagejpg1_zpsb2496634.jpg
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Rip are you at the show? Dude we got to meet up tomorrow... I'll message you my cell.
    Dustin, I am not at the show. A friend sent me those pictures. Btw, if you are at the show can you smoke a Padron 50th Anniversary and tell me how it is. I trust your taste and judgement. Is it worth to buy a full humidor? You seems very serious with cigars lately and became a permanent member of the show. Hope you are doing well my friend.
    Oh man... I was super excited thinking you might be here. I interviewed AJ, Hirochi, Nestor Miranda, Manolo, Jose Seijas, and many others this year. It has been a wonderful ride. I'm not sure if they'll give little old me one, but my shop owner is buying the humidor so I will smoke one soon. One brand I would recommend, Atabey. Nelson Alfonso is behind the blend. Super high end, delicate, amazing. Security made me toss it when we were leaving so I cut it in half. 2 hours later I relit, still amazing. I will review soon.
    image image image image image
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That right there is a thing of beauty!!!

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    If I'm not mistaken my B&M said its $5400 but that comes with 50 cigars every year..don't know if every year is forever or until they get tired of the promotion.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are beautiful. Thanks for the pics rip and cat!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • heels0303heels0303 Posts: 53
    Looking forward to both of these...got some coming to the shop I work at and I'll be all over them.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The presentation of those is amazing.
    I was happy to get 2 of the Family Reserve Naturals today.
    Can't wait to hear if someone smokes the 50th and what they think of it.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    That humi is stunning. I could buy two more cabinet humis for that price. I'm going to be just fine with the FR50. Hope it's good, though I've liked all the others so I'm assuming so.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    That humi is stunning. I could buy two more cabinet humis for that price. I'm going to be just fine with the FR50. Hope it's good, though I've liked all the others so I'm assuming so.
    huh what? Welcome back!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to get a couple if the 50th's and 50th FR's to lay down for a while, wonder how much they would end up being as singles and if you could even FIND singles of the 50th's??
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Lee.mcglynn:
    phobicsquirrel:
    huh what? Welcome back!!
    Lol thanks. Just saying 5000 bucks I could get two more cabinets. Hell of a nice 50ct though
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    I jizzed.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't imagine them being anything short of spectacular. Wonder how HTF they will be?