Home General Discussion

Gun herf thread

firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
As most of you know, we are putting together the 2014 guns and cigars, or gun herf as I like to call it.

Where- Whittington Center, Raton NM. (http://www.nrawc.org/)
When- Oct 10th to the 12th (or whenever you can make it)
Why- Well, cuz we can! Nothing better then having freedom to smoke a great cigar with your brothers and punch holes in paper.......... all at the same time!

There is onsite housing, tent sites, and RV pads with hookups, along with plenty of hotels 10 miles away in Raton. The cabins are very nice and will be $60 a night per room with private bath room, 2 beds in each room. (http://www.nrawc.org/camping/index.html)

There is 14 ranges to choose from for you shooting pleasure. Shotgun, pistol, rifle, bow, and black powder. Should be plenty of time to shoot all your fav toys. (http://www.nrawc.org/ranges/index.html.)

Bring your own breakfast, Lunch is on me at the range (I make a mean chili), and dinner will be decided at a later date.

If you decide to fly, Great! We will have plenty of guns on hand for everyone to use. Let me know you plans and we will figure out how to get you from a airport to the range.

The Whittington Center is by far the best gun range I have been to. That, and the fact that it sits on 33,000 acres of beautiful New Mexico high country.

I'm sure I misses things, but there is plenty of time to answer all the questions you have. Fell free to PM me if you want, I'll try to answer any questions you have.

Comments

• firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Bump to the first page........
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sounds like a lot of fun. Wish I lived closer.
    So far this is who is coming.....

Myself redrex06
    Alienmisprint (and fam)
    Purpfreak(and fam?)

Post up if your interested, and Ill keep this bumped to the first page. If not, Ill let it die........
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you should have a list for 'Maybe". Because I'll try to make it but I can't commit as of yet :)
    Sounds good bro, Ill keep bumping this every week or so.......
    Bumper bump boom
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Just found out that I will be going back to Korea in December, so after factoring in my leave, I should be clearing in October. That means that I am like 99% certain I can make it. I have been talking to Jason (Purofreak) about it, but he still isn't certain. If he can make it, we might have him come here and his wife and kid will kick it with my wife and kid for the weekend while we make the trek together. So, I'm not sure yet if it will be just me, me and the family, or me and Jason. But either way, I will be there, lol. And to second what Brett said, for anyone who is flying in or for whatever other reason can't bring your own guns, I will be bringing everything I have and have no issue with you fine BOTLs shooting them. Jason has a good arsenal too, so if he comes there will be an even bigger selection.

Forgot to ask in our previous conversation, Brett, but do they sell ammo there or is there anywhere close by to purchase it?
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    This sounds awesome, wish I was closer. Have fun guys and take pictures.
    alienmisprint:
    Just found out that I will be going back to Korea in December, so after factoring in my leave, I should be clearing in October. That means that I am like 99% certain I can make it. I have been talking to Jason (Purofreak) about it, but he still isn't certain. If he can make it, we might have him come here and his wife and kid will kick it with my wife and kid for the weekend while we make the trek together. So, I'm not sure yet if it will be just me, me and the family, or me and Jason. But either way, I will be there, lol. And to second what Brett said, for anyone who is flying in or for whatever other reason can't bring your own guns, I will be bringing everything I have and have no issue with you fine BOTLs shooting them. Jason has a good arsenal too, so if he comes there will be an even bigger selection.

Forgot to ask in our previous conversation, Brett, but do they sell ammo there or is there anywhere close by to purchase it?
    Well, one is better then none bro!

I do believe they sell ammo, but I will check when I make my reservations this week.

BTW, I am starting a new build ;)
  • RedRex06RedRex06 Posts: 155
    Free bump! Also, I'll definitely be going, as he said. This should be a heckuva good time :D
    firetruckguy:
    alienmisprint:

Well, one is better then none bro!

I do believe they sell ammo, but I will check when I make my reservations this week.

BTW, I am starting a new build ;)

Lol, what are you building now?
    I have a old Savage 30-06 that I'm re barreling and putting a bench rest stock on. I want to make a 1000 yard shooter......

Nice, can't wait to see it!
    Bump for the ATF!
    Bump because I get a stiffie when I think of shooting......
    TTT
    Sounds like no interest, I may table this until next year.......
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does sound like a great time. My kind of party. I'm just too far away and cannot be certain I could get time off to make it there. If you were next door to me I could at least show up on Sunday but,..... I hope it works out for you guys.