Home Non Cigar Related

Cars!

No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
What kind of car(s) do you drive, and why?

I have an 02 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS. I have it because I was 17, my 11 year old minivan that I was given had finally crapped out, and my friend's family owned a dealearship so when he showed me the sexy sporty little car in my price range that my parents got me I got it. I was soooo happy in high school to have such a cool car!

Now don't get me wrong, the thing is still sexayyy, but since I'm older and it's now 11 years old I really do look forward to my next car. I need more HP, some more tech in it i.e. remote locks and stuff, I'd like manual, etc etc. But for now, still got my eclipse.

So how about you guys? I can post pics if we all start doing so.

Comments

• honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    I drive a 95 ford Ranger xlt with diamond plate tool box and rack it truck racks, because its the truck I had before I got injured for my contractors business, my wife drives a 2003 Toyota corolla because its good on gas and she likes it :)
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I have a 2012 Dodge Avenger R/T. It's my first new car, and after my second deployment I decided I should get one. Sound logic? Probably not. I got the Avenger because it has 300hp and is a four door, so it's kinda a family car and kinda a sports car.image
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    2007 Chevy Suburban... I have 5 kids and 2 dogs that I am always hauling around... it is a nice height for me to sit in. My back doesn't like cars anymore. And its a 4wd because I love bird hunting.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I drive a 2012 Dodge Journey..company car with free gas..cant be that. But we only keep them for 2 years so the end of this month I will getting my 2014 Ford Escape...
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I have a 2004 Ford Focus hatchback, with about 80K miles and 6 BHP. The wife drives a 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan.
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    If you count race cars I have four 89 Volvo Bertone, 98 BMW 328is, 08 Honda Element, and a 12 BMW 135. Here is a pic of my baby bimmer. image
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    if were counting race cars then way tooooooo many... but my daily driver is a 93 cadillac sts
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    I got a bunch, but my dd is an 05 cadillac cts. Got a sweet deal on it from my sister a few months back, when she bought her 2014 Taurus sho
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    ooo car topic. my dd is an 06 infiniti g35 coupe. my fun car (although it's a sedan) is a 2013 bmw m5. that thing scare me sometimes.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Man, I wish I could race cars, that sounds fun. '13 Jeep Wrangler 'cause I drove a friggin' Ford Focus for 3 years that got whacked with a deer week 1 and had it up to here with driving that POS.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Lol I have a 01 acura tl...I've done some engine mods too it and well we have been down dirt roads and all! It keeps going with no major repairs and the heat and ac work so I'm happy
    Money can't buy taste
  • KushKush Posts: 8
    I have an 07 VW Rabbit. Had it for about five months and I have already taken it on two trips and put about four thousand miles on it. Fun little hatchback has 150 HP but I did like the eclipse gt I test drove.
  • We have a 2012 Prius. Got it for the gas mileage. Had an avalance 4wd. Got about 12mpg. We follow the grandkids around while they play baseball and used to spend $100.oo or more every weekend. Now its about $25 or $30. Its a no brainer. Its a fun car to drive.
  • dandin1dandin1 Posts: 175
    2001 Toyota Tacoma, first year they made the full 4 door in the Tacoma. Great mid size truck. Not so great fuel economy.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I drive an 08 yaris. It's the biggest piece of sh*t ever. Actually turned me off to Toyota as a brand.

For my next ride I'm looking at a gti.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a 2013 Subaru XV Crosstreck. the AWD is wonderful in the winters here in NE ohio. looks good, roomy, leather. buttons toys.

could use a few more horses but all in all i cant complain.
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Some cool cars and interesting reasons guys thanks for all the responses!
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    We have a 2004 chevy silverado, and a 2008 jeep patriot. The truck is paid off, so im gonna drive it till the wheels fall off.
    One God, One Truth
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2012 Prius. 2000 Tacoma. The wife wants me to get a new truck already but I love mine too much.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • BamablowsBamablows Posts: 338
    One of the three vehicles I own and drive. Being a mechanic, I find myself driving all sorts of different vehicles all the time. But the one pictured I have had since I was 16.

• denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    OK, here goes.
    I drive an 06 MINI Cooper S with a smaller S/C pulley, Dinan Airbox, Vogtland springs, poly control arm bushings, drilled and slotted rotors, and some aesthetic stuff.

I bought this car as a daily driver with track capabilities for when the urge hits. Here he is right after I picked him up with the track wheels on and when it still had the white stripes.

My wife's car is an 06 Mercedes R350. It's been a very nice car to have. After this, we would like to find a GL450 but only after they depreciate a little bit more.

My brother and I just picked up a Volvo 242 Turbo 4sp car to compete in the Lemons racing series.

I'm an automotive enthusiast so I've probably got 200 pics of cars I saw just last year. I love me some cars

Hah love the Volvo. I have an 89 Volvo Bertone that we lemons race with! It's been a little schizo, but we managed to finish a couple of races with it. It's pretty fast when it's running. I love the Mini too. Those are great fun to drive.
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    I bought my '07 VW Jetta so I could afford the gas for the 180 mile round trip per weekend for grad school. Nice little car that doesn't really feel like one. But I do still miss my Outback.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blutattoo:
    I have an 89 Volvo Bertone that we lemons race with!
    At least he didn't say that they race lemons with it. LOL!
    You race at Thunderhill or some other LeMons track?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    0patience:
    blutattoo:
    Yep Thunderhill, Sonoma, Buttonwillow, haven't done Chuckawalla down south yet. Have you ever raced at Thunderhill? Love that track and they are expanding it right now with another 1.2 miles.
    We are going to do the Lemons 6hr race at The Ridge Motorsports Park oustide of Seattle. It's a long track. Over 2 miles.
    Yeah, the Volvo is really fun. Cage goes in next month. Interior is stripped. Once she comes back, I'll need to lower her down and replace some ball joints and bushings. It's a true $500 car too which is cool. She boosts pretty well and sounds like a ricer car when she blows off. No real motor mods at this time, just more boost. If we leave Lemons and race something else, like historics, we will be running MegaSquirt and a big turbo. Probably a 2.3 also.

My brother does track days in his 996 C4S and one of our other drivers runs an E36 M3 but none of us have the money for a big dollar track car so Lemons seemed logical. It's a good way to get rolling.
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blutattoo:
    0patience:
    blutattoo:
    Yep Thunderhill, Sonoma, Buttonwillow, haven't done Chuckawalla down south yet. Have you ever raced at Thunderhill? Love that track and they are expanding it right now with another 1.2 miles.
    I have not raced there.
    When it opened, it brought about a lot of discussion in the performance industry, because Ontario was closed, Riverside hadn't been closed very long and here they open a track in Northern Cali.

One of the first thoughts was these SCCA guys are nuts.
    Evidently they weren't nuts, cause it's been what, 20 years now and they re-did the track surface a few years back.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    0patience:
    blutattoo:
    0patience:
    blutattoo:
    I have not raced there.
    When it opened, it brought about a lot of discussion in the performance industry, because Ontario was closed, Riverside hadn't been closed very long and here they open a track in Northern Cali.

One of the first thoughts was these SCCA guys are nuts.
    Evidently they weren't nuts, cause it's been what, 20 years now and they re-did the track surface a few years back.
    It really is a good track. 3 miles now, soon to be 4.2 miles. Lots of runoff, decent facilities. I don't want to thread jack, but here is a video of a lap there in my little 1 series. Not the greatest quality, but you can get an idea of the layout.
    Thanks for posting that vid. Looks like you had a blast there. We want to go to Thunderhill but it's our first year so we will go to the closest event possible where we happen to have free lodging. If all continues well though, we have Thunderhill on the wish list.

I love the 135i. They are on my list of cars that are acceptable for me to own. Yes I have a list of cars that I chose for myself that as prices drop, are acceptable (by my own opinion) to own.
  • prosspross Posts: 874 ✭✭✭
    Posted before, but here is my toy.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosAs to why? In high school I bought fixed and sold cars until I could finally afford a 1967 Camaro. I took an ill timed left turn at over 100mph into the woods with it less than 2 weeks into ownership. It went up on 2 wheels and I to the trees, completely removing the roof in the process. Myself and a friend were 100% uninjured somehow.
    I lost everything I had worked for but vowed to someday get a non home made convertible when I could afford it. I bought this rust free example in California about 12 years ago and restored it even though it didn't need it.

I try to keep it under 100 now ;)