Home General Discussion
Options

Post Office Madness

WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
I went to our main post office Saturday to drop off a little welcoming box for a new(er) guy. The line goes out the door. Smiling smugly, I bypassed the line since I use the click and ship. I went to the normal drop box I take mine to and it's stuck shut. Too full. No problem, I think, there's another one right under the envelope slot. It's small, but big enough for the small flat rate box. It won't accept anything else either. I ended up just leaving it on a pile of other boxes at the counter. I feel for the workers there. I checked the DC later... and they did end up processing it that day, and it's already at the destination distribution center. Unusually fast for our post office.

Comments

• Options
    MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's crazy. Glad it was able to get out.
  • Options
    New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    I really need to just go pick up boxes, and print my own labels
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:

My wife have been doing that for years and it is so much easier.

A little aside...I do not go near a shopping center from the day before Thanksgiving until the 1st of February.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    Or you could have them delivered to your door ---- for free.

Check this out: https://store.usps.com/store/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=subcatMSS_PriorityMail&categoryNavIds=catGetMailingShippingSupplies:subcatMSS_PriorityMail

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I shipped out a package that is just lost in a sorting facility somewhere. Trying to track it down and had to send out a replacement in the mean time. For the small flat rate boxes I order them online, print the shipping label online, and just drop them in a blue box. Works great
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I sent out some packages two landed when they were suppose too the rest are still floating...getting it mailed is easy getting it there is the hard part
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, it seems I'm not the only one who has packages somewhere.
    Luckily, priority mail has $50 insurance. Fat lot of good that will do when the whole idea was to pay for priority mail so they would get to where they are going in a timely manner.
    But the thought did occur to me that if I have to make a claim on the packages, I could always send out $50 gift certificates instead. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mailed a package on Dec 10th which was scheduled to arrive on the 14th. As of last night, the tracking number said it was still in the sort facility where I mailed it so I assumed it was lost. Check my email this morning, and it is out for delivery. At least it will get there.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I sent a package out on the 17th of December and it is now scheduled for 26 or 27.
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    I mailed a package on Dec 10th which was scheduled to arrive on the 14th. As of last night, the tracking number said it was still in the sort facility where I mailed it so I assumed it was lost. Check my email this morning, and it is out for delivery. At least it will get there.
    PM Sent Sherm...
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Wow, I don't know why you all get such terrible service. Big Chunk sent a package to me from California on Saturday, Regular first class with a tracking number, It was at my house (Chicago) on Monday morning. That's service.
  • Options
    oops
  • Options
    Been waiting for a priority 2 day for 4 days.
  • Options
    CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    This time of year is already stressful enough w/o letting the Post Office issues come up. I know better than to get within a mile of any of them or even try to just mail out a card. I do everything early...I shop and ship online and stay home in my little warm slippers and jammies and smile while the rest of humanity goes out this last week and get stuck in traffic...wait in ridiculously long lines...and then end up getting angry because of all of the other idiots on the road drinking and creating havoc. I just sit back and smoke my cigar or pipe and watch the madness and pour another drink....yep, watching others at this time of year is my favorite thing to do. It's free and better than going to the zoo.
  • Options
    jd50ae:
    Been waiting for a priority 2 day for 4 days.

As soon as I posted the PO arrived with the goods.
  • Options
    Went to the Post office this morning, True, late for Holiday shipping, and had to ring the bell for service. The lady came out a few minutes later and said I was the fifth customer that day. This was about 9:00 a.m. That's a slow day.