Home Non Cigar Related

Favorite Video Games/Video Game Moments

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
In no order..Mass Effect SeriesChrono CrossFinal Fantasy VII/VIIIMan, so many moments in Mass Effect stick out...it's for sure on of the best series ever made.

Comments

• LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    I can't pick a specific in the series of two of them.... Top two are series favorites and the third is self explanatory. Lol

Forza Motorsports all of them (Forza Horizon was a tad of a flop but still enjoyed it)
    Grand Theft Auto
    Minecraft

I'm with you on the front that there are too many awesome moments to pick just one. :) btw anyone who has an xbox live account should PM me and we can play some games too! Lol
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many years ago my brother and I made a bet when we played Contra on the regular NES. The bet was to see how far we can get using only one life. I went first, ..... I went ahead and beat the game with that one life. That's probably my best video game moment ever.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Many years ago my brother and I made a bet when we played Contra on the regular NES. The bet was to see how far we can get using only one life. I went first, ..... I went ahead and beat the game with that one life. That's probably my best video game moment ever.
    I've been playing this like crazy, it's all I can do to beat the game on one continue with the Konami code. You, sir, are a freak.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Right now: Rome II Total War; Battlefield 4; Rift; LOTR:online;
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    slamb@cigar.com:
    Right now: Rome II Total War; Battlefield 4; Rift; LOTR:online;
    I got Rome II the day it came out. I wish they would have made the characters more interactive. Love how they made legions more RPG like, but I feel like the characters could be made more...interactive? Personally, when one general dies, I don't feel too much of an attachment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 239
    Yea I agree there, but the physics are really well done, the maps are gorgeous as well as the character models. Way better then Shogun II, but still not as good as Napoleon--then again I'm a military historian and have an affinity for the 19th century, so I have a special place in my heart for that one. Still Rome II is great and the new Blood and Gore DLC makes it even more fun.
    slamb@cigar.com:
    Yea I agree there, but the physics are really well done, the maps are gorgeous as well as the character models. Way better then Shogun II, but still not as good as Napoleon--then again I'm a military historian and have an affinity for the 19th century, so I have a special place in my heart for that one. Still Rome II is great and the new Blood and Gore DLC makes it even more fun.
    Yeah, Blood and Gore should have come standard, though. At least in Shogun 2, watching units fight was cool. Before the DLC in Rome 2, units just kind of blobbed together. Still a fan, though.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Insane. I beat Bionic Commando in one life once, but never came close on Contra without lots of continues.

Most of my gaming is limited to what I play with my son now. Good thing he likes Madden and FIFA because I can't stand much of Mario Kart. I played Sherbet land way too much when I was slacking off in college to want to play it any more.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    still play fall out 3 and new vegas every once in awhileplayed the last of us was really good.not a fave tho.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Mine are:

Mass Effect Trilogy
    Elder Scrolls
    Need for Speed Series
    CvilleE:
    Mine are:

Mass Effect Trilogy
    Elder Scrolls
    Need for Speed Series
    Yeah, I'm replaying Skyrim right now.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Skyrim and halo for me.
    I remember playing Dr. Mario on the nintendo. I was able to beat it on the highest level once.
    One God, One Truth
    Rain:
    CvilleE:
    Mine are:

Mass Effect Trilogy
    Elder Scrolls
    Need for Speed Series
    lol..yea I can't get enough...finally got my character to level 63 I think, and got bored with it..decided to replay and its amazing how different each play-through can be...going after the Clavicus Vile tonight when i get off work!
    CvilleE:
    Rain:
    CvilleE:
    Mine are:

Mass Effect Trilogy
    Elder Scrolls
    Need for Speed Series
    lol..yea I can't get enough...finally got my character to level 63 I think, and got bored with it..decided to replay and its amazing how different each play-through can be...going after the Clavicus Vile tonight when i get off work!
    That's crazy, I just picked up the mask earlier. I'm level 15ish, going for a Spellsword (One Handed/Destruction) build.
    Rain:
    CvilleE:
    Rain:
    CvilleE:
    Mine are:

Mass Effect Trilogy
    Elder Scrolls
    Need for Speed Series
    That's crazy, I just picked up the mask earlier. I'm level 15ish, going for a Spellsword (One Handed/Destruction) build.
    Currently mixing it up, I'm playing as a imperial, working on building a stealthy/one handed assassin. Just got the Ebony Mail earlier today. I haven't gotten all the daedric artifacts yet so thought that would be cool to do..
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I'm playing lots of NES games right now. Contra, Dr. Mario, SMB3, Castlevania, Legend of Zelda. One of these days I gotta get my SNES and Genesis outta storage and get a little more modern, lol

All time favorite were the Baldur's Gate games though. Two-player non-turn-based RPG. Not many of those out there.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭✭
    Just got an email saying ive been accepted into World of Tanks beta testing for the xbox 360!!! :) Might have to add that to my fave games list if its what the hype is saying it will be!
    Life is like a blind fiver. You never know what you're gonna get.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    I'm playing lots of NES games right now. Contra, Dr. Mario, SMB3, Castlevania, Legend of Zelda. One of these days I gotta get my SNES and Genesis outta storage and get a little more modern, lol

All time favorite were the Baldur's Gate games though. Two-player non-turn-based RPG. Not many of those out there.
    Not sure if you are aware of Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition. Updated sprites, new characters and quests, widescreen, updates to the leveling system (kits and the like). I haven't played yet because all my life would be gone... maybe we need to get a board group together for some herfing and questing...
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    My favorite all time has to be the Civ series, but Diablo and Baldur's Gate 2 are close behind.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh ... I have about 6 hrs worth of online gameplay for COD Ghost. I've been playing COD since COD2. I'm a big Vidiot
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
    jthanatos:
    Ken Light:

Not sure if you are aware of Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition. Updated sprites, new characters and quests, widescreen, updates to the leveling system (kits and the like). I haven't played yet because all my life would be gone... maybe we need to get a board group together for some herfing and questing...
    Oh, this could be bad for my marriage. I played the original in Afghanistan..."no mercy" kind of sums it up.
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Posts: 587
    Ken Light:

We downloaded a lot of the NES SNES games to the Wii... now looking at transferring them to the WiiU.
  • blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Well I've been playing gta5 online a bit lately. Fun but the community online is a lot of idiots and children, very few people to actually team up and play as a team.

Favorite game of the last year and I've played a LOT, is by far dragons dogma: Dark Arisen. I'm still addicted, best rpg in years. Think I have over 400 hours in my main character. Even created an alternate xbl account with a second arisen.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    blurr:
    Well I've been playing gta5 online a bit lately. Fun but the community online is a lot of idiots and children, very few people to actually team up and play as a team.

Favorite game of the last year and I've played a LOT, is by far dragons dogma: Dark Arisen. I'm still addicted, best rpg in years. Think I have over 400 hours in my main character. Even created an alternate xbl account with a second arisen.
    Omg I loved dragons dogma. Currently playing Diablo 3 for the 3rd or 4th time.

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peggle
    Angry Birds
    The Juicer
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    PONG.........
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • TwoThingismTwoThingism Posts: 121
    Final Fantasy III(wish I could find it again)

C&C Red Alert 2

Delta Force: Black Hawk Down
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:

I knew I liked this guy for a reason. Baldur's Gate is an all time favorite of mine too. I loved Shadows of Amn too.
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Posts: 523
    Playing Fallout 3 & Fallout New Vegas (Heavily Modded) on the PC, a little Skyrim (Modded also lol) ummm like on my 7-8th play through of each :D
    Probably my most memorable is the original DOOM on PC way back (92-93??), the final elevator ride down into hell, that you CANT BEAT .... WTH ! is that about, tried so M A N Y times QQ
    loved playing that way late at night with the (old huge headphones on) turned way up - freaking out lol
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Favorite and one of the most hated at the same time = Dark Souls.