Home General Discussion

What is your all time favorite cigar?

Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
Mine is the Padron 1964 85 anniversary.

Comments

• taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    i think that that is a nearly impossible question to answer. I like too many cigars too much to just pick one!
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Alec Bradley Pryme. If I have to pick one still in production, I'd probably go with the Tatuaje Reserva J21, although the original Illusione line is a close second.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I can't settle on just one. I really enjoy the variety now more than ever. But If I had to choose one simply because I HAD TO, I'd go with something smooth that I could enjoy any time of day. Cuesta Rey Stanford's Cameroon Reserve.
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    lol I've only been smoking for a few weeks so that's easy for me. Cohiba Red Dot
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    No_one21:
    lol I've only been smoking for a few weeks so that's easy for me. Cohiba Red Dot
    you picked a great forum to join! There is soooo much great information and awesome botl's here. See whether it stays your favourite in 6 months when you have sampled so many more.
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Interesting selections thus far...never had any of those, except the cohiba. So many cigars, so little time. Smoke whatever makes you happy, as i believe that is the point. Life is too short to smoke ok cigars.
  • JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    Love the San Lotano Oval. Great smoke all around. Oh or Diesel Unholy.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    The 85th was mine as well for quite some time, smoked a couple boxes. Been a while since I've had one really. Lately, it's really a toss up. Party shorts, monte edmundo, robaina famoso, upmann 2, Regius, and of course...Avo classic, could all be my favorite on any given day. I don't smoke many Maduro anymore, I may need to grab some 85th again soon and revisit.
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    All time favorite.......I have two of them and have smoked them for many years and nothing else has bumped them from the All Tiime Favorites: Cohiba Esplendido and Opus X
  • CigaryCigary Posts: 630
    Ok...maybe there's a few more..Padron 64th...AF Shark...screw it...there are too many to list.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mannnn, too hard. I can maybe narrow it down to 3.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Jasonc1982Jasonc1982 Posts: 278
    I have had several favorites over the years. First couple years of smoking my favorite was the Drew Estate Juicy Lucy...and I mean in the old boxes with the bamboo pictures (they deny it but I still think they changed the blends when they revamped the Natural line). Next would have been the Gurkha Ancient Warrior and Genghis Khan. Then I didn't have a favorite until the Liga Privada's came along. But right now my favorite is the Ramon Bueso The Project Genesis. I have been bombed once or twice with some of these sticks (Of which I thank you dearly for those who bombed me)! I am going to buy a whole box as soon as I get the money for it. Never had a cigar with a more complex flavour profile than the Genesis.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I'd have to say it's whatever I'm smoking at that particular time. Avo Classic, Shark, Monte #2, Ashton Magnum, LAdC Mi Amor, Flor de Las Antillas...
    Hey Jason, have you had any of the new Gurkha Ancient Warriors? I used to love the old ones, with the funky yellow-and-purple bands. Do you know if the new ones are the same, just different band or if they changed the blend?
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    Your question is too hard. I like a lot of stuff, and what I like keeps changing.
  • ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    Right now its a toss up between AVO classics robustos, Room 101 daruma in the lance size. Cuavari Lmt 4000 is also up there.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now:
    AB Pryme but it's unavailable
    AFAnejo Shark
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Very difficult question I don't think I could pick just one and not feel like I have missed alot of others. As afar as a go to stick at any time for the yard, to relax, herf, etc. I really like RyJ 1875. Its not rare or expensive and it has enough complexity to keep my interest but at the same time it is not so complex that I cannot enjoy conversation too.
  • WaterDemonWaterDemon Posts: 269
    Refer to my sig!
  • Jasonc1982Jasonc1982 Posts: 278
    alienmisprint:
    Hey Jason, have you had any of the new Gurkha Ancient Warriors? I used to love the old ones, with the funky yellow-and-purple bands. Do you know if the new ones are the same, just different band or if they changed the blend?
    I didn't know they even changed them hehe. I haven't had one in years. I'd imagine the blend is the same or nearly the same. Seems like less and less cigar shops are carrying Gurkha cigars. Which gives me a frowny face :(.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    best cigar ive smoked: Avo 22
    favorite regular production cigar: Davidoff Maduro
    Current "go-to": Illusion Rothschilds
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    kuzi16:
    Current "go-to": Illusion Rothschilds
    That's the new one out right? I have not had a chance to even pick one up yet.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    Right now, San Latano Habano.
    Awesome imo.
    One God, One Truth
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    roland_7707:
    Right now, San Latano Habano.
    Awesome imo.
    My box is never without them. Love this stick.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    WaterDemon:
    Refer to my sig!
    That's a thing of beauty. Gotta love the flavor from these guys.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    In my short smoking career the one that sticks out the most is the MOW Armada or the Ezra Zion Jamias Vu
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jthanatos:
    Your question is too hard. I like a lot of stuff, and what I like keeps changing.
    +1, I guess if I had to have just one, Hemingway Signature, ....but that would be terrible, soon it would be "just" a cigar. noo-ooh!! Can't do it, need variety
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • punch is my favorite of most, glad I found site great lay out easy to use
  • ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Captain! Love the avatar. Have you checked in on the newbie welcoming thread? There are a couple that will help ease your way in. I'll bump for ya.
    Bigshizza:
    Right now:
    AB Pryme but it's unavailable
    AFAnejo Shark
    The Pryme is fantastic, isn't it? What size(s) have you tried?