Home General Discussion
Options

Memorial Day Smokes

Does anyone have any cigars lined up that they are excited to smoke Memorial Day weekend? Trying anything new?

Comments

• Options
    StsepasStsepas Posts: 475
    This was gifted to me today

A perfect special occasion cigar! I can't wait. It'll be my first ISOM.
  • Options
    CigarMan37CigarMan37 Posts: 432
    Very nice looks like it's unravelled a bit
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    ahh yes. for me it'll be a four day memorial day weekend. I'm going to go nuts on my cigars. going to do a Jaime LE, cohiba 1966, cohiba siglo VI OR, that RyJ 2004 LE pictured above, monte 520, Bolivar B-10, Opus X lost city double robusto that's 4 years old, AVO 85th, Monte sublime. If at any moment my palate is burnt/burning out, I got plenty of yard gars to puff on while drinking some double IPAs. God bless memorial day weekend!
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill be at work :( Maybe Ill sneak in a V Lancero
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    C-LOVEC-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    I have a huge Memorial Day weekend this year. Friday the 24th after 10yrs. my woman and I are getting married. Saturday the 25th my step daughter who is my daughter is graduating high school. Sunday the 26th graduation party, and lets not forget Monday the 27th. Paying tribute to all the men and women who have served our Great Nation. Basicly what I'm saying is this Memorial Day weekend i will be smoking nothing but Prem dela Prems!
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    C-LOVE:
    I have a huge Memorial Day weekend this year. Friday the 24th after 10yrs. my woman and I are getting married. Saturday the 25th my step daughter who is my daughter is graduating high school. Sunday the 26th graduation party, and lets not forget Monday the 27th. Paying tribute to all the men and women who have served our Great Nation. Basicly what I'm saying is this Memorial Day weekend i will be smoking nothing but Prem dela Prems!
    Congrats Chris! Have fun
  • Options
    CigarMan37CigarMan37 Posts: 432
    Congratulations are in order
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm hadn't really thought about it. Depends on if I'm home or still on the boat. If I'm home maybe a Jameson's Declaration, if I'm on the boat I got a Diesel Unlimited that sounds good.
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Going camping, every thing I smoke will be special to me when I am doing what I love to do
  • Options
    Bigshizza:
    C-LOVE:
    Congrats Chris! Have fun
    Thanks Jim
  • Options
    CigarMan37:
    Congratulations are in order
    Thanks Chris
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Hmm, probably read "In Flanders Field" a few times (the poem is the origin of the red poppy as a symbol for Remembrance day in the UK, Memorial Day in the US), and smoke a cuban or MOW Armada I've got resting.

The poem, for those who want it:

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
    Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
    Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
    We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie
    In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
    To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
    We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
    In Flanders fields.

• Options
    jfacianejfaciane Posts: 242
    Hmm, good question. I have a few My Fathers sitting in the humi with 8 months or so on them and I'll be getting my DD of Obsidian White Noise tomorrow. Should I let them rest or smoke one ROTT?
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jfaciane:
    Hmm, good question. I have a few My Fathers sitting in the humi with 8 months or so on them and I'll be getting my DD of Obsidian White Noise tomorrow. Should I let them rest or smoke one ROTT?
    ROTT
  • Options
    jfacianejfaciane Posts: 242
    Rhamlin:
    jfaciane:
    ROTT
    Will do brother! Are you speaking from experience?
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    I decided to make my memorial day AVO day. I have a La Trompeta Limited Edition ’12, The Dominant 13th, 85th and will be picking up a 25th on Thursday or Friday.
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JHewey:
    I decided to make my memorial day AVO day. I have a La Trompeta Limited Edition ’12, The Dominant 13th, 85th and will be picking up a 25th on Thursday or Friday.
    Nice Justin...enjoy!!
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    Ill be at work :( Maybe Ill sneak in a V Lancero
    Scratch that, I'm off, and I have a bigass Cellar Reserve to try
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JHewey:
    No #cubansaturday???
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    jfaciane:
    ROTT
    Definitely ROTT! I enjoyed the one I tried. It will get better but just stick a few back!
  • Options
    JHewey:
    Looks like an epic line up Q!
  • Options
    I am definitely going to get the Julius Ceasar that Lee hit me with burnt. Also, been trying to smoke the ones that I was hit with recently. So lets see, that means it could be just about any cigar you can think of!!!! LOL