Home Pipes

What did you get today?

MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
Figured we better start a few of these posts up for pipe related stuff. I will post a pic of what I got last week.

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Beautiful tobacco pouch by Tim West, holds two types of tobacco:

• HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Just put a bid in on a great Stanwell billiard on Ebay. We'll see whether it comes through (in 9 days! :-/ ).
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Just got a Butz-Choquin cappadoce 1304 meerschaum lined pipe smoking some consumate gentleman by ashton in it right now.
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Marker:
    Figured we better start a few of these posts up for pipe related stuff. I will post a pic of what I got last week.

Envious of your Churchwarden... I've really been giving a lot of thought about trying my hand at a pipe, and a Churchwarden is what I've been **** after. Excellent stash, my friend.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    Marker:

Envious of your Churchwarden... I've really been giving a lot of thought about trying my hand at a pipe, and a Churchwarden is what I've been **** after. Excellent stash, my friend.
    a Churchwarden is my next pipe purchase for sure, and I love the Moontrance pipe baccy blend, have not tried any of those other blends yet, how is the Nightcap more or less the huge tin up top? I'll figure out how to upload some pics from my phone and show my last pipe baccy purchase tho it wasn't from here since C.com hadn't added pipes yet.
    Some Solani aged burkley. It's kinda between a Virginia like Stokkeby's Luxury Twist/Navy Cut and the McClelland Grand Oriental Classic Samsun - it's smooth, and has a tad of a bit to it, but not near as much as a typical virigina. So far I'm loving it, though it's pretty wet out of the tin and not smoking very well; shoulda the two flakes I grabbed air out first

• DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I got me a lil set up going now.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    You will love that FMOTT Dire. Such a soothing smoke.
    Marker:
    You will love that FMOTT Dire. Such a soothing smoke.
    I popped the lid on it last night . The smell of that tobacco is beautiful.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Nice grab Randall. What kind of pipe is that? Hope you enjoy.
    Nording. The next one I pick up with be longer. This was shorter than I had anticipated.
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Direwolf:
    Nording. The next one I pick up with be longer. This was shorter than I had anticipated.
    Nosewarmer.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Visited a new B&M today found some interesting things, Owner recommended this so I got an oz. Chuckanut
    P1010326
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Direwolf:
    Did you buy it from ccom? I hope they start listing dimensions for the pipes they sell...if I don't know what the size of the pipe is, I'm not going to buy it plain and simple. Nording makes a good pipe, so hopefully you'll be pleased with it.
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    j0z3r:
    Direwolf:
    Did you buy it from ccom? I hope they start listing dimensions for the pipes they sell...if I don't know what the size of the pipe is, I'm not going to buy it plain and simple. Nording makes a good pipe, so hopefully you'll be pleased with it.

+1 on the size for the pipes. I also have not looked very far as a new pipe is not on my list of things to pick up so I could have just missed it but I wont buy unless there is a clear return policy too.
    I figure I'll be buying a few different pipes so I'll keep this one.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    I figure I'll be buying a few different pipes so I'll keep this one.
    oh yea? that's awesome! not
    What did I get today? Oh, nothing much, just some Uhle's #00 and Perfection Plug (pure burkley's) . . . oh, and this of course:

Had to call a bunch of B&M's across the country before I found one that 1) Stocks pipe tobacco, and 2) Still has some Penzance/Stonehaven in stock

EDIT: If I'm reading the numbers on the Stonehaven correctly (120903) . . . this motherf*cker has been aging for NINE YEARS - WOOOOHOOO - it's gonna be a good day when I break this bi!ch open!!!

xmacro:
    What did I get today? Oh, nothing much, just some Uhle's #00 and Perfection Plug (pure burkley's) . . . oh, and this of course:

Had to call a bunch of B&M's across the country before I found one that 1) Stocks pipe tobacco, and 2) Still has some Penzance/Stonehaven in stock

you got a small red x in a square? How do I order one?
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    xmacro:

I can't see the pic. but I am really envious about the Penzance and Stonehaven. I have been looking for them both for quite a while. I hope you really enjoy them! If they have more I would love to get my hands on some.
    Direwolf:
    xmacro:

you got a small red x in a square? How do I order one?
    Weird, shows up fine for me. Here's a more direct link: http://s9.postimage.org/enknzkx7z/DSC01704.jpg

I've seen alot of people talk about those blends. are they really that good?
    No idea, but I'll let you know in a bit ;)

The shortage is mostly due to 2 things:

- Esoterica doesn't put out a whole lot of this stuff
    - Great reviews/hype surrounding this blend; the result being that people who've smoked it wanna stockpile, while newbies who wanna try it buy it first chance they get, the result being that it doesn't last long online
    I've tried two blends so far lol. Think I can live without chasing a HTF right now
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!!!
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Little somethin I picked up at another B&M
    P1010344
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    A couple pouches of daily stuff and a tin of Moontrance (which is the most potent aromatic as far as actual aroma I have smelled so far. Smells good!).

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
    My bacco order came in today
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

petersons 3 ps
    Larry's blend
    Mississippi River
    frog morton sampler
    ashton artisans blend
    zippo pipe lighter
    and a Jake Hackert pipe.