Home General Discussion
Options

Cigar Dinner

So, is anybody else going? I got 4 tickets for myself and friends.

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    nope. no time.
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    You are talking about the one in sept? The gala?
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Yeah
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Sittin' on the fence with this one. Figure tickets are still out there since they're advertising the hell out of it.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of these days I'd like to expierence one these events but alas I'm just too friggin broke.
  • Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Rhamlin:
    One of these days I'd like to expierence one these events but alas I'm just too friggin broke.

+1... It sounds like a great event
  • Options
    RoyalCigarsRoyalCigars Posts: 106
    Its a tough one. One the one hand you get to meet probably 10 or 15+ of the best manufacturers and blenders in the industry. Get to ask a question or two. Maybe get an autographed box or two for your displaying pleasure. On the other hand its 300 bucks a piece. And its only for 5 hours!
  • Options
    RoyalCigars:
    Its a tough one. One the one hand you get to meet probably 10 or 15+ of the best manufacturers and blenders in the industry. Get to ask a question or two. Maybe get an autographed box or two for your displaying pleasure. On the other hand its 300 bucks a piece. And its only for 5 hours!
    We have at least 40 manufacturers coming from Davidoff to Rocky Patel to AJ Fernandez to Jonathan Drew. These guys will be seated along side guests at dinner, so you'll get the chance to eat a full 4 course meal with your favorite manufacturers. Upon entry, you receive a 12-cigar Gala sampler, made specifically for our Gala. The cigars in this sampler are all special edition and inlcude Liga Privada LP40 Gala Edition, San Lotano Gala Edition, MOW Armada Gala Edition, Cohiba Diamante Gala Edition, Zino Gala Edition and Cain 'FF' Gala Edition. You get to ask as many questions as you want and get as many autographs as you want. We'll have an open premium bar all night long. We have a cocktail hour featuring a Frank Sinatra-esque singer and live pianist along with the Blues Brothers Band playing, featuring the original member Tom 'Bones' Malone who still plays in the CBS Orchestra band on The Late Show With David Letterman. We are auction off items ranging from Breitling watches to limited edition cigar boxes and a whole lot more. Also, your Gala box of cigars you receive will also be customized with your name engraved into it and you can get that signed by everyone in attendance. It's a night you guys will be upset if you miss, so we hope to see you there.
  • Options
    Joshua Smelko:
    RoyalCigars:
    We have at least 40 manufacturers coming from Davidoff to Rocky Patel to AJ Fernandez to Jonathan Drew. These guys will be seated along side guests at dinner, so you'll get the chance to eat a full 4 course meal with your favorite manufacturers. Upon entry, you receive a 12-cigar Gala sampler, made specifically for our Gala. The cigars in this sampler are all special edition and inlcude Liga Privada LP40 Gala Edition, San Lotano Gala Edition, MOW Armada Gala Edition, Cohiba Diamante Gala Edition, Zino Gala Edition and Cain 'FF' Gala Edition. You get to ask as many questions as you want and get as many autographs as you want. We'll have an open premium bar all night long. We have a cocktail hour featuring a Frank Sinatra-esque singer and live pianist along with the Blues Brothers Band playing, featuring the original member Tom 'Bones' Malone who still plays in the CBS Orchestra band on The Late Show With David Letterman. We are auction off items ranging from Breitling watches to limited edition cigar boxes and a whole lot more. Also, your Gala box of cigars you receive will also be customized with your name engraved into it and you can get that signed by everyone in attendance. It's a night you guys will be upset if you miss, so we hope to see you there.
    Not to make two Pulp Fiction references in a short period, but...

Jules: I don't wanna hear about no motherf**king ifs! All I wanna hear from your @ss is, "You ain't got no problem, Jules. I'm on the motherf**ker. Go back in there, chill them ni**ers out and wait for the cavalry, which should be coming directly."
    Marsellus: [calmly] You ain't got no problem, Jules. I'm on the motherf**ker. Go back in there, chill them ni**ers out and wait for the Wolf, who should be coming directly.
    Jules: You sending the Wolf?
    Marsellus: Feel better, motherf**ker?
    Jules: [grinning] ***, yeah, Negro! That's all you had to say

Sold.
  • Options
    Joshua Smelko:
    RoyalCigars:
    I've played with Tom Malone before. Been a few years though. It will be good to see him again. He lives about 30 minutes away from me.
  • Options
    Knoxca1Knoxca1 Posts: 148 ✭✭
    Joshua Smelko:
    RoyalCigars:
    That's sounds like it will be an awesome event. Wish I was able to attend.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    Joshua Smelko:
    RoyalCigars:
    I've played with Tom Malone before. Been a few years though. It will be good to see him again. He lives about 30 minutes away from me.
    Didn't want to thread jack, so PM sent.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Joshua Smelko:
    RoyalCigars:
    Jumping Jehoshaphat that sounds amazing. I hope you guys can pull this together again next year and bring it down South
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish we had thing like this closer to KC. A few years ago we had a cigarfest that was amazing and was only supposed to grow in the years to come. It fizzled out and never happened again. If you guys can go or on the fence about going you should do it. These things are so much fun and an experience you will never forget. I had the luxury of attended IPCPR two years ago and meeting every big name in the cigar business and to this day I am friends with many people I met there including JD, Steve Saka, Eddie Ortega, Guillermo Leon. It is pretty cool when someone like JD remembers you after meeting thousands of people. The cigar business is just like that though. Nothing else like it in the world.

Have fun guys!
  • Options
    Anybody notice that the website is gone and redirects you to cigar.com?