Home General Discussion
Options

He-Man: The Master of the Cuban Cigar

rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
For a while I was searching for a Cuban cigar source who can offer me continuous supply. Finally!!! my dream come true. One of my colleague informed me That there is Romeo Julieta cigar festival going on in a local business hotel. I might find some Cuban cigars there. I attended many cigar festivals, gathering and every time I was disappointed. On top of that after a long work day, I wanted to get back home. On the way back when I mentioned that to my wife, she encouraged me to go. her logic was there is nothing to loose, at least I can enjoy a cigar with some aficionados. Well, I had no idea then what was waiting for me. the story gets better. When I went there, I found couple boxes of good Cuban cigars and the sells girls were trying their best to attract the guests. I was looking around and trying to find out who brought these cigars in Nicaragua. As a cigar producing country imported cigars has high tax and also can produce fake Cuban puros easily. I was walking around, checking the cigars(all genuin Cuban cigars). Suddenly, I met a girl who I knew before. She works in the steak house and sold some Padron cigars to me. the hotel has a Genuin Padron shop but the price is what a five star hotel usually offer. She came to me with a big smile and said- here you are. I was thinking of you. let me introduce you the He-Man of Cuban cigar in Nicaragua. Long story in short, This prominent local businessman recently got the license to distribute Cuban cigar in Nicaragua and Costa Rica(I have already verified it with a legitimate source). I knew his family through work but never met him in person. he is sincere, super friendly local entrepreneur who is also a huge cigar lover. This is not his core business but he wanted to do it for fun. he was very happy to meet me and introduceD me with the hotel manager and some other local government officials. I was offered the best table to share good Japanese food, drinks and cigar. I was listening to the classical Spanish song and talking about my cigar passion. Finally, I got the offer from him- my friend, whatever you need just name it but let's not talk about business rather than enjoy the event. I will call you soon. That's how I left the event. Today, I received an email from him and he asked me what am I looking for- DANG. he told me anything from Cuba plus some vintage selection. That was a shock and awe moment. I reminded myself one more time- cigar is not only a smoke but also a way to enjoy great friendship. I simply told myself, you just met He-Man the Master of the Cuban cigar. I am going to meet him soon for a smoke and let you know about my next discovery.

Comments

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're like that one guy that drinks that beer.....the beer with the 2 X's....you know
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    I know the Mexican **** beer but not aware of XX...LOL
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    sounds like life is good in nicaragua. if i could move there tomorrow i would
  • Options
    SaVasSaVas Posts: 250
    Sounds like a match made in heaven! I do look forward to the day when Cuban cigars are available in the states, or I travel abroad so I get the chance to experience them, and even more so, with the cigar brethren that make the enjoyment all the more. Cigars bring people together from all walks of life...there are no boundaries when firing up good smokes, which to me, is the epitome of the best interaction amongst friends. Congrats on your new friend!
  • Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    rzaman:
    dos equis.
  • Options
    You have a friend here. If you make it this far, you have a friend to enjoy a smoke.
    SaVas:
    Sounds like a match made in heaven! I do look forward to the day when Cuban cigars are available in the states, or I travel abroad so I get the chance to experience them, and even more so, with the cigar brethren that make the enjoyment all the more. Cigars bring people together from all walks of life...there are no boundaries when firing up good smokes, which to me, is the epitome of the best interaction amongst friends. Congrats on your new friend!
  • Options
    rzaman:
    Dos Equis cerveza =)
  • Options
    is it dos or tres? Can't remember now. The green bottle with red X.
    415:
    rzaman:
    dos equis.
  • Options
    rzaman:
    is it dos or tres? Can't remember now. The green bottle with red X.
    415:
    rzaman:
    dos equis.
    Dos Equis amigo!
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    I've had Tres Equis in Mexico.
    But I agree, you are like the Dos Equis dude.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    both Dos Equis and Tres Eques are better than anything in Nicaragua.

Victoria is, at best, like Budweiser. so, nothing special there.
    the other beer in Nicaragua, Ta&#241o, is at best like slightly watered down Nati Lite.

• Options
    I am very excited today because finally He-Man: The Master of the Cuban cigar is going to come to my house. I am cooking Thai food. I am really looking forward to collect some vintage Cuban cigars. I will post the outcome tonight. Man, I have been waiting for this day for a while.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed reading that great story while smoking a great cigar. You owe your wife ;)

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    rzaman:
    I am very excited today because finally He-Man: The Master of the Cuban cigar is going to come to my house. I am cooking Thai food. I am really looking forward to collect some vintage Cuban cigars. I will post the outcome tonight. Man, I have been waiting for this day for a while.
    I'm green with envy, lol have a great dinner and enjoy those vintage Cubans
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't pay attention to the cigar, but the drink behind it.
    Uploaded with Snapbucket (Original)
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I'm glad for you brother. Enjoy your visit and some cigars.
  • Options
    I had a great afternoon and evening with He-Man. We had a great Thai meal, good conversaion, cigars, drinks. Finally, he gave me a complete list of cigars. Practically, every cigar, every Cuban brands. On top that that he gave me a separated list of Casa Del Habano's Products Exclusivos, Premium Edicion Limitada and Premium Produccion Especisal. He is very knowledgeable about Cuba and Cuban cigars. I immediately placed my order for a box of Cohiba Gran Reserva, Hoyo De Monterrey double epicure. I am thinking about the 40th Aniversario Trinidad humidor. I asked for vintage cigars, he said give him the name and he will find it but some of them might take some time. He offered me a box of Cuban Davidoff. He gave me a Casa Del Habano's baseball hat with Cohiba logo as a gift. I am so happy to find the direct source of ultimate Cuban cigar. He also offered me to visit Cuba with him. I told him that if I can manage an official persmission then definitely I will go to Cuba with him. This evening was not all about cigar. It was about a passion, friendship and good life. Indeed cigar is one of the best way to enjoy life. My wife also had good time with He-Man's wife. I am lucky to have such a great wife who does't smoke but very understandable about my passion. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    Ah Dos XX....nice picture.
    danielzreyes:
    Don't pay attention to the cigar, but the drink behind it.
    Uploaded with Snapbucket (Original)
  • Options
    rzaman:
    I had a great afternoon and evening with He-Man. We had a great Thai meal, good conversaion, cigars, drinks. Finally, he gave me a complete list of cigars. Practically, every cigar, every Cuban brands. On top that that he gave me a separated list of Casa Del Habano's Products Exclusivos, Premium Edicion Limitada and Premium Produccion Especisal. He is very knowledgeable about Cuba and Cuban cigars. I immediately placed my order for a box of Cohiba Gran Reserva, Hoyo De Monterrey double epicure. I am thinking about the 40th Aniversario Trinidad humidor. I asked for vintage cigars, he said give him the name and he will find it but some of them might take some time. He offered me a box of Cuban Davidoff. He gave me a Casa Del Habano's baseball hat with Cohiba logo as a gift. I am so happy to find the direct source of ultimate Cuban cigar. He also offered me to visit Cuba with him. I told him that if I can manage an official persmission then definitely I will go to Cuba with him. This evening was not all about cigar. It was about a passion, friendship and good life. Indeed cigar is one of the best way to enjoy life. My wife also had good time with He-Man's wife. I am lucky to have such a great wife who does't smoke but very understandable about my passion. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    Glad you had a wonderful evening
  • Options
    Wow..great Dos XX ad. Thanks for sharing.
    bigfnsteve:
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a fantastic time. Great memories.
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    If you don't get that box of Cuban Davidoffs, I'm pretty sure 17,000 BotL will come kill you over and over again...great story and connection to a big time BotL, congrats!
  • Options
    I believe I will get the box. He-Man is a serious person who doesn't BS. Practically, he can get anything. He will get the box from a European collector. He told me- "my friend it is not all about business, it is about add relish to your passion." He already invited to see his private collection. People say, he has a great vintage collection. Two other BOTLs were also invited to the launch yesterday. One of them also offered me a stick of Padron Millennium from his private collection. He doesn't believe the cigar was great when they released in 1999 but with 12 years of aging it became a gem.
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    If you don't get that box of Cuban Davidoffs, I'm pretty sure 17,000 BotL will come kill you over and over again...great story and connection to a big time BotL, congrats!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Congratulations not just on the cigars but also your new found friendship . Look forward to your future postings on receiving these and updates often if you are able to brother .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Wow, I just saw and read this thread. Congratulations man, that is the definition of awesome. Keep the updates coming and lastly, did you hook your wife up for talking you into going? If not, maybe a nice vacation in Cube, hint hint?
  • Options
    rzaman:
    I believe I will get the box. He-Man is a serious person who doesn't BS. Practically, he can get anything. He will get the box from a European collector. He told me- "my friend it is not all about business, it is about add relish to your passion." He already invited to see his private collection. People say, he has a great vintage collection. Two other BOTLs were also invited to the launch yesterday. One of them also offered me a stick of Padron Millennium from his private collection. He doesn't believe the cigar was great when they released in 1999 but with 12 years of aging it became a gem.
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    If you get that box and ever want to Part with 1 or 2 I would be happy to buy or trade for them