Home General Discussion

Long assh ash pics

how log can you get your ash brefore it breaks?? Photobucket Photobucket

Comments

• This will be a fun one to try.
  • Im sure it will!! Havent seen any others yet... Cm'om guys LET ME SEE YOUR ASH!!!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    somewhere around this place i have a pic of a nubstand.
    kuzi16:
    somewhere around this place i have a pic of a nubstand.

there we go...
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Nice Nubstand Kuzi, still have yet to get one to sit still before falling over. For some reason when I smoke mine, the ash on the end pooches out a little bit and I don't plant it hard enough to get it to be stable.

Anyone ever mess around with the ash from a Nub? It's extremely dense, enough to stay together after being dropped a few times from about 2 feet and being poked with a match.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've got some great pics of the best Nub stand I've ever seen on my phone. I had one burn down to around half and inch and stand perfectly! I'll have to load them to photobucket or something and post them. They turned out GREAT!
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422

This was a punch Rare Corojo I had yesterday on the way home from work. Had to stop and take a pic of the beautiful white ash and the gorgeous day outside.
  • Nice ash on the nub!! I havent tried a nub yet but I got a few in the humi . How long will they smoke for?
    jomommass1:
    Nice ash on the nub!! I havent tried a nub yet but I got a few in the humi . How long will they smoke for?
    keep in mind that i smoke slow (usually about 1h 30 min for a toro)
    that particular nub was about an hour and 20 min in. no ash had fallen off of it yet. If i remember correctly it burned for another 15 min.

464 connecticut for those of you who wanna know.
  • JKTexJKTex Posts: 92
    I'm still working up to a big one!!  Big Smile [:D]  But this reminds me, it's time for breakfast!!

First one.  She was wondering what she did wrong! Big Smile [:D] 

Nice place for that Nub Stand.

Cute pup btw.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    That is a cute dog.

Smoke times from my spreadsheet, as advertised by Nub:
    354: 38 mins
    358: 43 mins
    460: 58 mins
    466: 74 mins
    464 (torpedo): 69 mins
    466 (BP torped0: 69 mins

I've only smoked one Nub (the 464 Cameroon torpedo). I got 60 mins out of it.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    JKTEX Is that a Yorkie?
  • JKTexJKTex Posts: 92
    gmill880:
    JKTEX Is that a Yorkie?

Yes, it's our new female.  She was about 2-3 weeks ago so she was 10-12 weeks old.  She's already kicking our 2 yr old males butt.  But he's trained her, so he has nothing to complain about.  Big Smile [:D]

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    JKTex:
    gmill880:
    JKTEX Is that a Yorkie?

Yes, it's our new female.  She was about 2-3 weeks ago so she was 10-12 weeks old.  She's already kicking our 2 yr old males butt.  But he's trained her, so he has nothing to complain about.  Big Smile [:D]

Yeah they are cool dogs, we have two, a brother and sister two and a half years old. They are awsome...
  • Had my first NUB Got it to do a Nub stand... imageimage
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Posted this one in another thread a while back, Drew Estates Natural Root: Photobucket

Here's one from a few days ago, 5 Vegas Relic. Ash actually hung on a while longer after the pic was snapped. Before and after pics. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Here are the two pics of the Ashton VSG Rounds 1999 I took when I smoked it a couple of weeks ago.

Right before ash image

About 10 minutes before I gave up image
    those are two impressive ashes.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I agree, nice pics, but now I'm dying to get some of the Relics and give them a try. I'm a big fan of Dominican tobacco so I'm excited about a 5 Vegas Dominican Puro!
  • hey u need a pair of roach clips... wow, never saw that b4=)
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Here's mine from this past Friday... Oliva Serie G Cameroon Toro 6x50

This is @~25min, ash is about 1-1/2" long
    Oliva Serie G Cameroon Toro @~25min

This one is after about 45min, and is almost 2-1/4" long
    Oliva Serie G Cameroon Toro @~45min

Last pic, about 30 seconds before it fell off. The ash is just at or slightly longer than 2-1/4".
    Oliva Serie G Cameroon Toro @~45min
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Love it!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Jay, Very nice, It looks like your friend ran the table on you. Oliva G Cameroon is a good one too, but try the Maduro, it is even better.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Hey Jay, Very nice, It looks like your friend ran the table on you. Oliva G Cameroon is a good one too, but try the Maduro, it is even better.

i've heard that the Oliva V maduro is VERY good, but I guess it's really hard to find?? This past weekend i went over to the Parma, OH area with some friends to go to the Fox and Hound pub and grille and after that we went to this nice place called cigar cigars, i'll have to ask them if they carry it, because unfortunately, ccom does not... i'll definitely have to order a G maduro to try though, thanks for the suggestion.

just out of curiousity, how does it compare to the onyx reserve maduro?
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Zoom, nice ash!! I really want to try a relic but I don't want to buy a box and not like it.... come on 5 pack..
    jomommass1:
    hey u need a pair of roach clips... wow, never saw that b4=)
    ive seen guys break out tooth picks and stick em into the cigar so that they could keep smoking long after it would have burned their fingers.

ive also seen people break out the pipe and shove the end of the cigar down in there to finish it off.
    kuzi16:
    jomommass1:
    hey u need a pair of roach clips... wow, never saw that b4=)
    ive seen guys break out tooth picks and stick em into the cigar so that they could keep smoking long after it would have burned their fingers.

ive also seen people break out the pipe and shove the end of the cigar down in there to finish it off.
    hrmmm....I may have to use the toothpick trick. Thanks
    im here for you!

and the cigars...
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    bacon.jay:
    kaspera79:

i've heard that the Oliva V maduro is VERY good, but I guess it's really hard to find?? This past weekend i went over to the Parma, OH area with some friends to go to the Fox and Hound pub and grille and after that we went to this nice place called cigar cigars, i'll have to ask them if they carry it, because unfortunately, ccom does not... i'll definitely have to order a G maduro to try though, thanks for the suggestion.

just out of curiousity, how does it compare to the onyx reserve maduro?
    I've only had one Onyx Reserve Maduro which I enjoyed a great deal. And if I remember correctly the Onyx was sweeter. A great cigar at a very reasonable price. I think I enjoyed the Oliva a bit more though because I've had several, and some very recently.