Home General Discussion
Options

THE RESULTS ARE IN: Cigar.com Community Sampler

Go to page 4 for a link to the full document I sent to the CCOM staff.

:::::::::::::::::::RESULTS:::::::::::::::::::::::

TOP 15 CIGARS

My Father Le Bijou 1922

Liga Privada Undercrown by Drew Estate

San Lotano Oval

Man O War Ruination

Illusione

La Flor Dominicana Air Bender

Liga Privada T52 by Drew Estate

Oliva Serie V

Tatuaje Black

My Father

Ashton VSG

Liga Privada No. 9 by Drew Estate

Padron 1964 Anniversary

Tatuaje La Casita Criolla

Ave Maria Reconquista

Comments

• Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Awesome idea! My faves would be:
    Alec Bradley Black Market
    CAO OSA Sol
    Cain F
    MOW Virtue, Armada and PA
    Hope we can get ccom's attention and they actually go with the sampler idea.
  • Options
    oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    Not only is it a way to show appreciation to the community by offering a great deal on our collective favorites, but it also gives them a means of promoting the forums, and thereby promoting active membership to the community. In their description they could talk about the forums and the benefits this site offers that not everyone who uses CCOM knows about.
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    i think that it is a really cool idea and even if it doesnt become an official sampler it would give newer people a list of cigars to try (like that CAO OSA that ive been wanting to try for a while....)
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I would be happy to come up with something for you guys based on your suggestions. Just know that there're a lot of politics in the cigar industry regarding what I can put in samplers and how much I can discount. Keep the suggestions coming and I will try to craft something for everyone.
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    I think it's a cool idea, my votes would go for the following 8 pack

MOW Armada, Oliva V, Undercrown, AB Prensado, La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor, AVO Heritage, LGC Artisanos Retro Esp., Padron Anniversary 1964 Nat.
  • Options
    AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Posts: 648
    im going to vote for a lancero-only sampler!
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    I'm pretty sure we already have one and it's called the AJ Fernandez "blender's best" sampler..
  • Options
    Alex Svenson:
    I would be happy to come up with something for you guys based on your suggestions. Just know that there're a lot of politics in the cigar industry regarding what I can put in samplers and how much I can discount. Keep the suggestions coming and I will try to craft something for everyone.
    I figured there would be a lot of pricing and compatibility issues. I will spend some time tomorrow morning writing up a long poll for people to take, and then I will post it in the first post of this thread. Once we have enough votes, then you guys can work your magic and see what you can come up with. This should be fun! You guys are the best!
  • Options
    Here is the survey! There are 3 questions - scroll to the bottom of the page for the 2nd and 3rd questions! Enjoy! :)

ONLY TAKE THIS SURVEY ONCE

>>>>> OFFICIAL Cigar.com Community Sampler Survey!

• Options
    The long poll took 18minutes? You work magic.
  • Options
    scarlin:

By the way, make sure to let me know if you are having any issues with the survey.
  • Options
    oldsoulrevival:
    scarlin:

By the way, make sure to let me know if you are having any issues with the survey.
    Worked fine, except for the part where I voted for SWAG 5 times ;D.
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Certainly a nice idea that has been validated by Alex. :) That is quite a list. Did you include 3 links to the survey so we would do it 3 different ways? ie. pick a theme of 3 sizes, prices, strengths, or flavours??? if so, then perhaps include an option for a title, or just a 4th question to identify that theme? Anyway, great idea...can't wait for the results. Survey Monkey is a wonderful tool for this.
  • Options
    bearb:
    Certainly a nice idea that has been validated by Alex. :) That is quite a list. Did you include 3 links to the survey so we would do it 3 different ways? ie. pick a theme of 3 sizes, prices, strengths, or flavours??? if so, then perhaps include an option for a title, or just a 4th question to identify that theme? Anyway, great idea...can't wait for the results. Survey Monkey is a wonderful tool for this.
    No I just posted it a few times so that people wouldn't miss it. PLEASE only take it once.

[edit] I deleted the extra links to avoid confusion.
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    Alex Svenson:
    Politics in the cigar industry! I'm shocked, shocked to hear it. I'll bet you guys deal with some enormous egos, but whatever you're doing seems to be workiing. Good Job!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good survey.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I think we should work on another forum blend!
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    Wasn't there talk about a year ago now? I wonder what happened.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great survey, thank you!
  • Options
    YankeeMan:
    Great survey, thank you!
    You're welcome :)

Just looking at some preliminary results, and I must say, if we can get what we want, it's going to be one of the sexiest samplers I've ever seen. I am going to give it a full week or two before I post results
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    OK. I'll bite. AB Tempus Maduro LGC Series N Anything Arturo Fuente Ashton Cabinet, ESG, VSG Cohiba Red Dot E.P Carillo Maduro Oliva Master Blends III
    I could go on...
  • Options
    KCW:
    OK. I'll bite. AB Tempus Maduro LGC Series N Anything Arturo Fuente Ashton Cabinet, ESG, VSG Cohiba Red Dot E.P Carillo Maduro Oliva Master Blends III
    I could go on...
    Make sure to take the survey... I won't be tallying up anything from this thread, just the survey.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    how about something with the man o war maduro and man o war armada corona
  • Options
    I am reading some of the responses now... PLEASE KEEP YOUR ANSWERS TO a MAX of 8 ONLY!!!! Some of you are putting 20 or 30 cigars, and that is affecting how I set up the survey. The whole point was for you to choose your top 5, and then we would see where things match up. If you do 20, but number 15 on your list matches up with someone else's top 5, then you might miss out on the cigar you wanted because you put too many and boosted another person's cigar choice. I can understand some people having a hard time choosing just 5, so I made it for 4 to 8 cigars... but NO MORE. I will delete your response if you go above 8.

If you were one of the people that selected some ridiculous number of cigars (one guy did 37), take the survey again... I deleted your last response.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Ken Light:
    rwheelwright:
    Wasn't there talk about a year ago now? I wonder what happened.
    Don't know. I would definately be in for either more of what we came up with or a new project.
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    big chunks:
    Armada corona? There's an Armada corona? Wonder how I missed that one.

Where is it? I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    JDH:
    big chunks:

Those are soooo tasty...had one last night
  • Options
    Direwolf:
    JDH:
    big chunks:

Those are soooo tasty...had one last night
    2nd fav stick of mine. Actually maybe #1
  • Options
    This is a great idea. Thanks for getting us involved. Man it was hard to pick my top sticks but I did it.
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    I just took the survey, but I feel kinda bad. There were so many sticks ive heard about but havent tried/cant afford so I just picked the four best ive had.