Home Ratings & Reviews

Kinky Friedman, Lone Star No. 4....anyone tried it?

jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ccom had these as a "special offer" at checkout when I placed my order the other day. (box of 20 for 39.95)
I've never had them and couldn't find them listed on Ccom's website, only info I found was from Kinky Friedman's website that had a description and original price of 169.00.

I figured what the heck, for less than $2/stick they can't be that bad.....has anyone had these? How are they and are they good to smoke right away or should I let them rest for a while?

Thanks!

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Ccom had these as a "special offer" at checkout when I placed my order the other day. (box of 20 for 39.95)
    I've never had them and couldn't find them listed on Ccom's website, only info I found was from Kinky Friedman's website that had a description and original price of 169.00.

I figured what the heck, for less than $2/stick they can't be that bad.....has anyone had these? How are they and are they good to smoke right away or should I let them rest for a while?

Thanks!
    I think that if they are on the special offer for 75% off, they probably have been doing a lot of resting over at the warehouse.. Don't see them flying off the shelves.
  • FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Old thread I know, but just tried my first and if anyone has these and wants to work a trade let me know cause I'd like a few more
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FireRob:
    Old thread I know, but just tried my first and if anyone has these and wants to work a trade let me know cause I'd like a few more
    99% sure mine are all gone. but if i come across any i'll let you know. the original lines (classic & lone star) were discontinued last year(?) so good luck searching for them.
    but it does look like he's relaunched with a new line called "kf signature".

more info here: http://kohnhed.com/2013/12/01/kinky-friedman-cigars-shuts-down-press-release/
    and here: http://kinkycigars.com/home_

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

Thanks!
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Wish I had some to send your way bro but hope you can find some. If I do happen to see any I will let you know fo sho.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

Awesome. Apparently they were not a big hit but I sure enjoyed the Texas Jewboy the other night, thanks again Toombs!
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a couple a long time ago. One was much better than the other. His new cigars look like a step up! I wonder how the tequila is too.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been a couple years since I had one but I really liked it, have meant to get some just not done it. They were fairly popular when I started smoking.
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a few robustos of the Lone Star I can send you. PM me your addy and they are yours sir.
    Poker Slob:
    I have a few robustos of the Lone Star I can send you. PM me your addy and they are yours sir.
    Me?
    FireRob:
    Yes Robert...this is for you sir. I have a few and would be more than happy to send them your way.
    Poker Slob:
    FireRob:
    Yes Robert...this is for you sir. I have a few and would be more than happy to send them your way.
    Awesome. PM incoming and maybe we can work out a trade
    I spoke with Kinky the other day, and he said he would stop by your house on Saturday. However, he doesn't like to fly, so he has to bring some buddies with him. #9505 5000 2145 4247 0001 00
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    FireRob:
    Awesome. Apparently they were not a big hit but I sure enjoyed the Texas Jewboy the other night, thanks again Toombs!
    You know who likes KF's? EG likes KF's, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
    Poker Slob:
    I spoke with Kinky the other day, and he said he would stop by your house on Saturday. However, he doesn't like to fly, so he has to bring some buddies with him. #9505 5000 2145 4247 0001 00
    Missed this yesterday. I'll be at work for a 48 hour shift sobhe will have to wait on the counter top where my wife puts him until I get home Monday morning. Too kind, thank you very much!!!

mmccartneydc:
    FireRob:
    You know who likes KF's? EG likes KF's, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
    "EG"??? As in ejgorman???
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Enola Gay! They always have some in their bombs!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    Yes they do!
    mmccartneydc:
    Ahh, I should have known that one.

Pokerslob, got them, THANKS!!!!!!!
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    Says one of the EG members...
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    mmccartneydc:
    Yes they do!
    Says the other EG member among many others...
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."