Home General Discussion
Options

Disgusting People at B&M

OK, so yesterday I stopped in my local for a smoke. I grabbed one from the case, went to the counter and was having a conversation with the clerk while I was opening the ciigar and since I didn't have my cutter, I grabbed the 'counter' cutter. I was trying to do this while not missing a beat in the conversation and, well, I guess I wasn't thinking. I opened the cutter and there was a cigar cap in it. So I gave the cutter a knock and the cap fell out. And as I was talking and cutting I looked down at the piece of cigar that fell out and it was all gross wet from some loser who sucked on his stick before using the community cutter. And what I was seeing didn't register with my brain quickly enough and I was about 4 puffs into my cigar before I realized. I was trying to continue the conversation and appear calm but inside my head, I was freaking out! And the guy who obviously just used it before me is this gross guy you wouldn't even want to sit next to, let alone share slobber with. WTF is wrong with people! I figured I always had his disgusting germs already so yes... I did finish the stick...

Comments

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Bet you won't make that mistake again ;) That is truly disgusting, this is why I always carry my cutter with me when i go to the cbar.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Adcurium:
    OK, so yesterday I stopped in my local for a smoke. I grabbed one from the case, went to the counter and was having a conversation with the clerk while I was opening the ciigar and since I didn't have my cutter, I grabbed the 'counter' cutter. I was trying to do this while not missing a beat in the conversation and, well, I guess I wasn't thinking. I opened the cutter and there was a cigar cap in it. So I gave the cutter a knock and the cap fell out. And as I was talking and cutting I looked down at the piece of cigar that fell out and it was all gross wet from some loser who sucked on his stick before using the community cutter. And what I was seeing didn't register with my brain quickly enough and I was about 4 puffs into my cigar before I realized. I was trying to continue the conversation and appear calm but inside my head, I was freaking out! And the guy who obviously just used it before me is this gross guy you wouldn't even want to sit next to, let alone share slobber with. WTF is wrong with people! I figured I always had his disgusting germs already so yes... I did finish the stick...
    Which cigar shop in Providence? Cigar Masters? Ever go to Tammany Hall on Atwells? They have some mighty nice looking help working behind the bar.
  • Options
    shamrockedshamrocked Posts: 285
    Yea that is pretty gross - Before I had a punch on my key ring I would sometimes use the community cutters if it was a spontaneous decision to go to the B&M - Now, I'll punch the cigar or avoid belicosos etc... if I didn't bring my other cutter
  • Options
    AdcuriumAdcurium Posts: 179 ✭✭
    Actually, I was at the Humidor on Oaklawn Ave in Cranston (They are having a smash-up Romeo & Julietta event at their East Greeniwch location later this month, you should look into it). In Providence, I usually go to Sir Winston's. Although, I'm part of a Freemason's group called "Brothers of the White Ash" and we tend to do our quarterly get-togethers at Cigar Masters. Although, I do enjoy the view at Tammany Hall.
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    I try never to use anything "public"...there are some very disconcerting habits that some ppl have that can be quite disgusting...and dangerous to your health.
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    One of the workers at a local B&M told me a story about an individual who was halfway through his RP Edge and had to leave...another individual went over, picked up the half-smoked cigar, smelled it, then clipped the end off and put it in his pocket..........
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    Nick2021:
    One of the workers at a local B&M told me a story about an individual who was halfway through his RP Edge and had to leave...another individual went over, picked up the half-smoked cigar, smelled it, then clipped the end off and put it in his pocket..........
    WTF!? That's just gross.
  • Options
    Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    it was a homeless guy right...that is just like dumpster diving!!!
  • Options
    BecketBecket Posts: 32
    Thats some nastiness right there. You may consider asking for that cheap plastic cutter my b&m always gives me with a cigar buy, if yours has em'.

• Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    ****_ ME i would have Caused a Scene ! LOL They would have lovced me when i was doen twith that SLoberfest ****!
  • Options
    after readin this story i will always carry some kind of a cutter with me..gross
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    That is disgusting
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    That is disgusting
    +1 That's why I keep a Cigar Spike™ on my key chain so worst case if for some odd reason I don't have my cutter on me I don't have to use a community one!
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Adcurium:
    Actually, I was at the Humidor on Oaklawn Ave in Cranston (They are having a smash-up Romeo & Julietta event at their East Greeniwch location later this month, you should look into it). In Providence, I usually go to Sir Winston's. Although, I'm part of a Freemason's group called "Brothers of the White Ash" and we tend to do our quarterly get-togethers at Cigar Masters. Although, I do enjoy the view at Tammany Hall.
    Andrew, Thanks for the event info. I'll look into it. The place I've been going to in Newport, Tobacco Road, is having an Oliva event on the 10th from 6 to 10 pm. A rep will be there with some deals I've been told, and he's having complimentary food and drink. He's got a pretty nice smoking room he converted out of an auto garage. Leather seats, 4 high def tv's. You should check it out.
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    At my regular b&m, (if you want it) the shopkeeper cuts your cigar for you and will light it as well. Good for new guys and good for avoiding this kind of sloppy mess. I almost always brought my cutter and lighter w/ me there anyway. At my lounge, I leave a dedicated cutter and lighter in my locker there. It's nice having your own equipment, cuz you know how it works, and you know you're going to avoid this kind of disgusting behavior.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I always hate the guy at the B&M that takes a cigar , either an unwrapped one or one he has slid out of the cello , and shoves it halfway up his nose for a good smell . Now to me , that is really disgusting ! Especially when he lays it back in with the other cigars and does not buy it WTF !!! I have seen many guys do this and it is a pet peeve of mine.
  • Options
    SchroozSchrooz Posts: 165
    COuld have been an FBI operative collecting dna samples....? Maybe I've been watching too much CSI shows....
  • Options
    kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    ...the first third had notes of halitosis, french fries and old coffee...
  • Options
    mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Thats pretty nasty. I always have my cutter and punch, it's weird cuz I carry them when I dont even have a cigar on me.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    mfotis:
    Thats pretty nasty. I always have my cutter and punch, it's weird cuz I carry them when I dont even have a cigar on me.

Never can tell when you might find half of one lying around hahaha .... bbllleeeecccchhhhh !!!!!!!
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always have a spare cutter in my car. It only takes a moment to excuse yourself, cut the cigar and get back to the conversation.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    I usually have my cutter and lighter on me if I am heading or would remotely want to head to B&M. If I don't happen to, I always have a pocket knife handy.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Nick2021:
    Just when you think you've seen/heard it all, someone lowers the bar and we all die a little more inside! I couldn't imagine being a witness to that.
  • Options
    beardedcanadianbeardedcanadian Posts: 86 ✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    Adcurium:
    Andrew, Thanks for the event info. I'll look into it. The place I've been going to in Newport, Tobacco Road, is having an Oliva event on the 10th from 6 to 10 pm. A rep will be there with some deals I've been told, and he's having complimentary food and drink. He's got a pretty nice smoking room he converted out of an auto garage. Leather seats, 4 high def tv's. You should check it out.
    Feb or March?
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    So I was at a Herf yesterday and there were about 10 of us there. Basically the only people at the cigar bar.

So then this group of 30+ bar crawlers came in.
    they are all crammed into the walk in trying ot pick out cigars.
    the 1st guy to pick out his cigar and cut it takes it out of the cello, slobbers all over it (on purpose) and then cuts his cigar w the house cutter. So naturally everyone behind him in the line watch this and then they all are slobbering on their cigars before using the house cutter. UGH! Im glad I always use my own cutter.

• Options
    Fourtotheflush:
    So I was at a Herf yesterday and there were about 10 of us there. Basically the only people at the cigar bar.

So then this group of 30+ bar crawlers came in.
    they are all crammed into the walk in trying ot pick out cigars.
    the 1st guy to pick out his cigar and cut it takes it out of the cello, slobbers all over it (on purpose) and then cuts his cigar w the house cutter. So naturally everyone behind him in the line watch this and then they all are slobbering on their cigars before using the house cutter. UGH! Im glad I always use my own cutter.

There is a Monica Lewinski joke in there somewhere I just know it.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read this thread and just threw up in my mouth a little.
  • Options
    I was at Tobacco Road last week! In fact, I'll be there late Monday morning, again. It's actually a pretty sweet lounge.
  • Options
    beardedcanadian:
    y2pascoe:
    Adcurium:
    Feb or March?
    Bearded.... Feb. BTW, I since bought ANOTHER cutter to leave in my car. I'll never again walk into a shop without my tools ...
  • Options
    Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    I always hate the guy at the B&M that takes a cigar , either an unwrapped one or one he has slid out of the cello , and shoves it halfway up his nose for a good smell . Now to me , that is really disgusting ! Especially when he lays it back in with the other cigars and does not buy it WTF !!! I have seen many guys do this and it is a pet peeve of mine.
    That irritates me too....