Cigar.com/Cigars International?

Last post 01-18-2013, 2:17 PM by puffmaster. 64 replies.
Page 2 of 5 (65 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous
  • Re: Cigar.com/Cigars International?

01-13-2010, 2:08 PM

Thanks, everyone, for the information.  I've been a customer of ccom for several years, but (obviously) don't contribute here.

I guess what originally made me curious is the CI matches mailed with my Ccom order.  More than once.... :)

I think I will keep my reasons to myself for no longer being a CI customer.  I have been 100% happy with Ccom, when there is a mistake or a problem it is quickly fixed.  As long as the two are separate, as it appears, I will continue to do business with ccom.

01-13-2010, 3:41 PM

I think the last time we talked about this it was said that they share the same distributorship, but they are not the same or "sister" companies. During one of my orders, I asked Jeff J. directly and he told me they are not the same company. He has always be straight with me.
    “A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores.” – M*A*S*H, Klinger

01-14-2010, 9:34 PM

The listed officers of both companies, at separate addresses, is: Officers Name: KEITH MEIER Title: President Name: JOHN DEMARCO Title: Vice President They are two separate companies under the same ownership.
    http://www.cigarobsession.com
    http://www.bgpictures.com

01-14-2010, 10:10 PM

kaelaria:
    The listed officers of both companies, at separate addresses, is: Officers Name: KEITH MEIER Title: President Name: JOHN DEMARCO Title: Vice President They are two separate companies under the same ownership.
    Well, that settles it. I'm surprised nobody has looked into that yet.
    retired

01-15-2010, 11:19 AM

Same Address......... Same wherehouse.......... but from what i have seen NOT the SAME company. CCOMso far has My Buisness and I dont see any reason to ry anything else. "If it Aint Broke Dont Fix It!" If your having trouble call in or email Tim Blythe he will hook you up. My last order I place in a personal email and Asked for it to be shipped USPS to California... it was here in 3 days....... the order before that I places on line in the checkout and it took 2 weeks UPS. Its a No Brainer for me! Thanks Tim! CCOM Rocks

"MITAKUYE OYASIN"

"OZZIE" OSBORNE

"Death By Diesel" Creator and Conqueror

userbarz.com

04-20-2011, 6:39 PM

Unfortunately they are say Aren't but ship out of same ship center like good cop bad cop one company .com good international is rude bad customer service I just got fooled but they are only one who carry my cigar

04-20-2011, 6:52 PM

Not this again:)
    Never make a decision, by not making a decision.

04-20-2011, 6:55 PM

Vulchor:
    My thoughts exactly! :-/
    For the best news and political commentary check out our new website. We have podcasts posted and new blogs from Nick and Jay on the way!

http://www.nationalrealitycheck.org/

04-20-2011, 9:20 PM

PuroFreak:
    Vulchor:
    My thoughts exactly! :-/
    +2
    Alex the unabomber and recipient of the MoW Special Forces Badge
    doromath:

Some folks bomb your humidor: Alex bombs your mind.

04-20-2011, 10:11 PM

sightunseen:
    I think there was a thread recently clarifying that Ccom and CI are in fact, competitors. As Hawk noted, there may be some overlap in the wholesale/distribution aspect, everything else between Ccom and CI are like night and day. There have been numerous threads praising Ccom's customer service, who goes above and beyond what is expected from ANY company. And while I have noticed that CI's prices are a little bit lower than Ccom, I will gladly give Ccom my business based on the quality of their customer service.
    It is not out of the ordinary for 2 companies to be in fact owned by 1 larger company and compete against each other....a good example of this here in Canada is Best Buy, they bought a company called Future Shop, sell the exact same stuff...

04-20-2011, 10:19 PM

• Joined on 06-08-2010
    • Elmira, Ontario, CANADA
    • Posts 1,069
    • Top 200 Contributor
    Diamondog:
    sightunseen:
    I think there was a thread recently clarifying that Ccom and CI are in fact, competitors. As Hawk noted, there may be some overlap in the wholesale/distribution aspect, everything else between Ccom and CI are like night and day. There have been numerous threads praising Ccom's customer service, who goes above and beyond what is expected from ANY company. And while I have noticed that CI's prices are a little bit lower than Ccom, I will gladly give Ccom my business based on the quality of their customer service.
    It is not out of the ordinary for 2 companies to be in fact owned by 1 larger company and compete against each other....a good example of this here in Canada is Best Buy, they bought a company called Future Shop, sell the exact same stuff...
    //////other examples include: Peoples & Mappins (jewellery stores), LaSalle, Seiko, Pulsar, Lorus (watches) are in most cases the same case, movement, just the label on the dial is different, but unless you open them up, the consumer has little option to know...same here!
    2014 Gang War Team Trident!

04-21-2011, 12:30 AM

Cigar.com is separate... They may be close in proximity, but different in everything else...

Who Farted?

04-21-2011, 12:45 AM

The warehouse is shared with 7 other online cigar retailers IIRC. The businesses are not related though.
    My Instagram

04-21-2011, 12:46 AM

I wish someone from CCom could have clarified this question. I don't know why they don't. I believe they are same companies for many reasons. Their inventory about new items are identical. So far I had good experience with both and I will continue order from both. In fact, I just put a new order with CI. I wanted to buy Boveda humipack. CCom didn't offer 75% so I had no choice rather than order from CI. I don't care about couple $ here and there as long as the quality and service is there. I used to order from 6 different vendors but after having email relationship with Tim, mostly I order from CCom. I am a cigar collector/smoker so I try to taste varieties of cigars. Each vendor has strength and weaknesses. However, CCom, JRCigar, Bestpricecigars and FamousSmoke is so far the best. Does anyone has any experience with Thompson? They always charge me twice then after couple days the second charge drops. I asked them and they came up with a lame excuse. They have one of the best Padron collection. After meeting Jorge padron in his Esteli factory he also recommended Thompson because many vendor offers Padron but they are not direct buyers. Again, Thompson doesn't offer good price and customer service is really awful. They have good humidor selection with decent price line. I don't order from them anymore. Every year good cigars are coming to the market. However, the pricing is very tricky and too many hypes about cigasr. Every vendor prefer some cigar makers. One reason is relationship and better deal with certain companies. It is all personal and customer satisfaction. So far I am ok with CCom and CI. No bad experience yet.
    Lord Ripon

04-21-2011, 12:57 AM

Well you are very new here, but Alex, the chief merchant for ccom has clarified this many times in the past. It has been brought up over and over and they probably tired of answering it over and over. Do a search or two on the forums and I'm sure you will find the response from Alex Svenson.
    For the best news and political commentary check out our new website. We have podcasts posted and new blogs from Nick and Jay on the way!

http://www.nationalrealitycheck.org/
Page 2 of 5 (65 items)   < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
View as RSS news feed in XML