Home Pipes

What is in your pipe?

MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
Post up what you are smoking in the evening. Pictures of your pipes are always appreciated!

Comments

• dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm certain that eventually, some crack head will find this thread via a google search....

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    dbeckom:
    I'm certain that eventually, some crack head will find this thread via a google search....
    And we have our first!
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tinderbox Cherry Almond aromatic. Im not usually an aro guy, but this is pretty good. Not real wet or harsh at all. In my Luciano Pease/di piazza chubby dublin. image
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • pilgrimtexpilgrimtex Posts: 429
    Altadis - Black Kathy; Lane Ltd. - TK6' and blend of BLWB & Very Cherry.
    Hand carved Marine Corps Meerschaum ordered from Turkey.
  • nickiamnickiam Posts: 608 ✭✭
    Last night was a mix of P. Stokeybe Black Vanilla and Black Truffle. I like both by themselves but it was fantastic mixed.

Smoked in my Nording Signature freehand
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    It's not evening but I'm on my second bowl of Borkum Riff Bourbon.
    Finally found my crap-tastic $20 composite pipe with the metal bowl insert. Hey, ya gotta start somewhere, right?
  • ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    pilgrimtex:
    Altadis - Black Kathy; Lane Ltd. - TK6' and blend of BLWB & Very Cherry.
    Hand carved Marine Corps Meerschaum ordered from Turkey.

Beautiful pipe, Walt!
  • J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    Everyone has a $20 pipe! As long as it smokes it will give you an idea of what the experience is like. A better briar will smoke better but hey it is Borkum Riff so its all good.
    Last night I changed up the rotation and tried Hearth and Homes Admiralty. I was looking for a mild English on such a warm night. It was not what I was looking for. I will have to try it again but after a couple of bowls I can already say that I will not reorder.
    J.S.:
    Last night I changed up the rotation and tried Hearth and Homes Admiralty. I was looking for a mild English on such a warm night. It was not what I was looking for. I will have to try it again but after a couple of bowls I can already say that I will not reorder.

Order Lane Ltd BLWB and Altadis Black Kathy and blend 50/50. Purchase McClelland 5110 and add to your 50/50 blend based on how mild or strong an English blend you want.
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Today's the day,, gonna dust off the savinelli and pack a bowl,,or two,,,, gonna try a new blend for me, local blend called Chuckanut,, (local mountains part of the cascades) dont ask me whats in it? hell if I know. Smells wonderful.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    The Kid:
    Today's the day,, gonna dust off the savinelli and pack a bowl,,or two,,,, gonna try a new blend for me, local blend called Chuckanut,, (local mountains part of the cascades) dont ask me whats in it? hell if I know. Smells wonderful.
    WOOHOO! Time to get more folks to the pipe threads.
    catfishbluezz:
    The Kid:
    WOOHOO! Time to get more folks to the pipe threads.
    It was a very mild blend,, Perfect for a morning smoke. Still need to work on my packing but overall it went pretty well.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    i wish i remember what it was called so i wouldnt get it again! lol, maybe its time to place another tobacco order on ccom.
    Pipe with the tail of a Ave Maria stuck in it. LOL
    Very warm here tonight. Too hot to have a cigar as 2 hrs. outside would be too much. Back on H & H's "Admiralty" and thought I would provide my thoughts.

Blend notes say three different varieties of Lat. All three are Cyprian in origin and 1 is definitely Smyrna which is the most common type grown in Cyprus but the other two really don't stand out enough for me to place them.

There is a very slight sweetness about it and the Orientals are there too. The VA is further in the background. Still this blend just misses for me. I can get all of the flavors in the profile but the flavor is just too muted overall. Too bad, I don't think I will even finish what I have.
  • mgk2020mgk2020 Posts: 97
    I'm back to FM Cellar tonight. Still love this tobacco. It has that same florally note that FM has that I love, just bolder and fuller. It may be slightly sweeter too, but I'd never describe it as sweet. To me the actual flavors are nearly identical; but where FM is a whisper, Cellar is a shout. One of my top three blends for sure.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned elsewhere, I've just picked up Peter Stokebyes No. 17 English Luxury, which is quite a nice mellow English, as a counterpoint to my regular morning smoke, Cpt. Black Royal. I like both, though they're quite different. So, since lately I've been mixing various things, succesfully, I thought I'd mix these two.

don't

Somehow, these two manage to cancel out all the things I like about each when blended together. Live and Learn. I'm glad I didn't mix up more than a bowlful.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Veermaster in a Kaywoodie. Excellent Virginia. Take time to rub it out unless you are a flake master. I am not. Let it dry a little. It still takes a few lights to get running but when it does, good things happen.
    Marker:
    Veermaster in a Kaywoodie. Excellent Virginia. Take time to rub it out unless you are a flake master. I am not. Let it dry a little. It still takes a few lights to get running but when it does, good things happen.
    I like Veermaster too. It was hard to find so when it finally came in I grabbed 4 tins. I smoked one right away and it was OK. The next one was better with just 6 months on it. The other 2 I have sitting for a while. I will open the next one with about 1 yr on it. If it improves like it did after just 6 months I think I will buy a couple of lbs of it. It is worth trying if you like VA's.
    J.S.:
    Marker:
    I like Veermaster too. It was hard to find so when it finally came in I grabbed 4 tins. I smoked one right away and it was OK. The next one was better with just 6 months on it. The other 2 I have sitting for a while. I will open the next one with about 1 yr on it. If it improves like it did after just 6 months I think I will buy a couple of lbs of it. It is worth trying if you like VA's.
    The stuff I have already is aged a bit. Just took time to understand how much to rub and dry it.
    Its not nightime, well at least not here, but i'm enjoying McClellands wilderness,, not my fav , but has a nice finish
    Man...I seriously love Captain Black Royal. It burns perfect for me... I smoke it through two different pipes, and can literally now walk away form the bowl, come back a few minutes later and it still burns right down to the ash.
    Veermaster in a Kaywoodie Pipe of the Year. Almost out of this blend and will need more.
    Marker:
    Veermaster in a Kaywoodie Pipe of the Year. Almost out of this blend and will need more.
    Better stock up now while it is in. It can be hard to find and when it is in it goes fast.
    J.S.:
    Marker:
    Better stock up now while it is in. It can be hard to find and when it is in it goes fast.
    Filled a quart jar + more last night from a delivery. I should be good for a while :)
    Frog Morton's cellar...good stuff
    Just finished a bowl of G&H Kendal KY. One of my favorites nice and strong, good with coffee.
  • The_buffalonianThe_buffalonian Posts: 987 ✭✭✭
    Cap. Black gold.. Then Cap. Black black ... Then half and half lol and now I have used all three of my pipes
    Marker:
    J.S.:
    Marker:
    Filled a quart jar + more last night from a delivery. I should be good for a while :)
    hey,,, ohhh,, hey,, hows it going ??? lol