Home General Discussion

All Encompassing Cigar Contests Thread

brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
Ok I tend to win cigar contests, and my twitter has been referred to as a billboard for cigar contests. Do you guys want to make this a thread where we post any cigar contests we find that way everyone here who wants to will have a shot to win?

I would be more than happy to post any that i find.....the only issue is that on occasion some of them are for competing retailers......how do you guys feel about that?

Comments

• curtiscr79curtiscr79 Posts: 859
    I'm down, I like free stuff.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    curtiscr79:
    Noted...
    WaltBasil:
    curtiscr79:
    Noted...
    I feel like New Boots right about now.
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    @d3sc3n7 on twitter....and yes
    curtiscr79:
    WaltBasil:
    curtiscr79:
    Noted...
    I feel like New Boots right about now.
    welcome to my world
  • dandin1dandin1 Posts: 175
    Sure, I like to enter contests. Even though I've never won anything in my life... haha
    My fiancee on the other hand wins those facebook and twitter contests all the time, maybe I should have her enter the cigar ones for me.. LOL
    Also my twitter is @danielanding if anyone wants to follow it.
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    nice brian. very botl of you man.
    My Twitter is @C_Critchfield
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    hey whats yer twitter addy.... id follow for free thingys!

Aj
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    Ok I tend to win cigar contests, and my twitter has been referred to as a billboard for cigar contests. Do you guys want to make this a thread where we post any cigar contests we find that way everyone here who wants to will have a shot to win?

I would be more than happy to post any that i find.....the only issue is that on occasion some of them are for competing retailers......how do you guys feel about that?
    So you would start a thread along with this thread exisiting....shoot me now!! LOL
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    my twitter is @fatkid1106 if you guys want to follow me. I have a bunch there. For those of you without twitter or for the facebook/other contests that don't involve twitter i will post them here.

what do you think about the contests that link to competing sites? I know that is a no no, but if they are giving free stuff away, i would rather you guys not miss out.

just to be completely and totally clear about these, a lot of times when one person refers others it helps them in the contest. I don't want anyone to think i am deceiving anyone. If anyone runs into a contest like that and wants to put their personal link here feel free to post it up.

Regardless one that is going on right now is one of those sign up and then try to get other people to sign up contests is going on for the Ventura PsyKo cigar pack with all kinds of stuff with it. It is a facebook contest. If you are interested you can sign up through my personal link: sign up here

I'll post up other ones that pop up.
    smoke em if you got em:
    brianetz1:

So you would start a thread along with this thread exisiting....shoot me now!! LOL
    nope, just throw them in this thread.....i'll edit the title now that you guys think it is a good idea.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brianetz1:
    smoke em if you got em:
    brianetz1:

nope, just throw them in this thread.....i'll edit the title now that you guys think it is a good idea.
    Just giving you a hard time buddy..dont go Shizz on me!
    PS: Twitter is where the contests are at! WOW, no wonder this guy has won so many
    New Boots:
    PS: Twitter is where the contests are at! WOW, no wonder this guy has won so many
    Jesus.....I give the keys to my house away and Jay here walks right in and starts eating the food out of my fridge......congrats on your first win jay.
    brianetz1:
    New Boots:
    Jesus.....I give the keys to my house away and Jay here walks right in and starts eating the food out of my fridge......congrats on your first win jay.
    Thanks brother.....oh, youre out of milk...sorry
    A facebook contest for a pack of Gurkha Prize Fighter cigars: CLICK HERE
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have won a few. Post em up. Too hard to keep track on Facebook and Twitter due to so many people.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    brianetz1:
    smoke em if you got em:
    brianetz1:

Just giving you a hard time buddy..dont go Shizz on me!
    Lol
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in. I like the idea.

The first idea which occurs to me, of course, is Cigar Federation's cigar chats on most Thursday evenings. They have great interviews with fascinating guys and they give stuff away too.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    I would be a contest ho if they weren't on twitter and facebook all the time. I don't like getting too cluttered with commercial enterprises on my feeds. Oh well.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
    Posted to twitter, but you don't need twitter to play..facebook contest:

Win 5-pack of the highest rated US-legal cigar, the Aging Room Quattro F55 Concerto, a 5 pack of the house brand of who is doing the contest, plus an actual aging room mold from the swag line of cigars.

CLICK HERE
    Martel:
    I would be a contest ho if they weren't on twitter and facebook all the time. I don't like getting too cluttered with commercial enterprises on my feeds. Oh well.
    just noticed this: Twitter, there is not a lot you can do about it. Either you use twitter for that or not.

Facebook, you can control who you share the contest with and if you see the companies in your feed.

It is a pain, but some contests will let you get a single entry in without a twitter or facebook by entering with just your email, but those a few and far between.
  • Great idea to posts for everyone to try.
    Win #2 in the books
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Boots:
    Win #2 in the books
    Very cool...soooo what did you win?
    no matter where you go, there you are.

twistedstem:
    New Boots:
    Win #2 in the books
    Very cool...soooo what did you win?
    Foundry watch
  • Are you serious? What contest? I've been trying. Congrats.