Home Non Cigar Related

Original music, help me pick a song?

youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
Hey guys. I'm in a singer/songwriter contest and I need to choose between these two videos in less than 24 hours. If you can't comment your vote before then, enjoy the music anyway :)

#1. "The Cleaner"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP2bw2VrS2w

#2. "Right Side"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-v2ZCtCgJg
ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico

Comments

• Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds awesome bro. I like #1 the best.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    #1. I just want to herf and have you sing to me.
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    Rain:
    #1. I just want to herf and have you sing to me.
    Not sure how to take that. . .j/k thank you Rain! I'll send you an album when it's done brah.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow both are great bro. you got some talent. did you write & produce it all too? regardless, color me impressed.

gotta agree with the other guys, prefer #1 too --- since it's a little more upbeat.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

jgibv:
    wow both are great bro. you got some talent. did you write & produce it all too? regardless, color me impressed.

gotta agree with the other guys, prefer #1 too --- since it's a little more upbeat.
    Yeah, I write all my own stuff. I have a guy who helps me record who is sort of a producer, but I make all the decisions.

I think every chick I asked said "Right Side". This is tough.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both songs are great Ryan...you got skillz my man! I'm going to pick # 1. Keep up the great work.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    youngryan216:
    jgibv:

Yeah, I write all my own stuff. I have a guy who helps me record who is sort of a producer, but I make all the decisions.

I think every chick I asked said "Right Side". This is tough.
    very cool man.
    & as r-o-y-l-n said above, "keep up the good work".....

post up more songs when you have them, this is great. diggin' it.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i like the first one better too.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need a #3 or #4 ... or even #5
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    DUDE DUDE DUDE!!!!!! NICE! Nicely done yo, pesonally I like The Cleaner, BUT Right Side is the pick fo sho, good hook, good song name, chicks gonna eat that up Great voice too btw
  • Poopy_JonesPoopy_Jones Posts: 455 ✭✭✭
    Both are excellent. I liked the second one better
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Since this is for a singer/songwriter contest, the second song is better. It shows off your vocals much better. The first song may be a better overall song, but lyrically the second one wins. My wife may or may not have contributed to this opinion. She also said that you remind her of Damien Rice. Also, the cafe around the corner from us has openings to play. Feel free to come gig up here some time!
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    both great. go with 2 for the contest.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Man, first of all whenever you produce a record I wanna hear about it, I can listen to this all day! I think some guys here make a solid point in that ¨The Right Side¨specifically showcases your voice better, but overall I think ¨The Cleaner¨ is a much more polished, sophisticated arrangement; up to you which fits this particular contest the best, but #1 is the winner in my book.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. Awesome job. #1 gets my vote.
    Thanks to everyone for your vote! It was really a tough decision, but the contest has a really strict time limit. Basically, I had to choose "Right Side", but the opinion was split so evenly between friends and family I feel confident in it as my choice.

The video quality is not great, but I'm hoping they hear the song underneath. There are some VERY produced entries this year. I really just want to open for Gregory Alan Isakov...which is what the winner gets -- plus $500 that would be amazing for my expensive **** album.

Even better versions of these tunes will be on my album though eventually. I'm hoping to have it out by summer. I'll let you guys know what happens. Fingers crossed!

More than anything, thanks for taking time to give me a chance. I know a lot of music is bad, and it's encouraging to have people in my corner.

Long ashes brothers!
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Number 2 showcases more of what ya got, but 1 had me want to bump it in my car. Both are great so I don't think you can go wrong either way. You got a gift my man. I'm subscribed to your youtube channel so I can't wait for more.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could listen to this stuff all day long.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    WOW !! You should already be a signed artist. In a contest, I would say #1 drew me in and I really "felt" it more. The added strings are what did it for me. Dude, I would buy your music, and make other people listen to it.. Great job. By the way, while I was listening to it my daughter asked, " Who's that ?" I asked her to guess she said... Ray Lamontagne, Ryan Adams, just tell me. Put out that CD and I'll buy two. You don't need luck in this one, you have some major talent. (edit from here) I just played these again for my wife and two daughters and they all said #2 Right Side...You may be right, Right Side has a female appeal
  • EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, amazing stuff. It had to be a difficult decision either way, both songs are amazing. I'm rooting for you to win.
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    Man, those are both really great songs. I enjoyed listening to them both. You are very talented, I like #2 for the contest, I think you picked well.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So sorry I didn't weigh in early enough but I love 'em both. Can you post the lyrics to both of these? I think I heard you singing about smoking cigars? Right?
    Bob Luken:
    So sorry I didn't weigh in early enough but I love 'em both. Can you post the lyrics to both of these? I think I heard you singing about smoking cigars? Right?

The world spins through...
    Day went to bed a few months ago
    The flood lights come on
    They clear out these mirrors and smoke

My feelings are maudlin
    So many eyes with no names
    The bars let out, feet walk the streets
    Cavalier plans are made

All I need
    Is you and these stars
    Smoke my cigars when I'm able
    Girl I'm a gambler
    And the house got over
    But I’m keeping my hand on the table

I'm out the door
    Left with my food on my plate
    I'm begging for more
    I'll always I'll take twice my weight

Still I'm starving
    No cup for your change in my hand
    Red light stalling
    Don't worry, they won't understand

Girl I'm a Cleaner
    I came for the win
    The outcome was never in doubt
    I'm not a redeemer
    Just wearing the thorns
    Since Judas went and sold me out

Oh that sympathy
    The kind a man gets when he's dead
    Save it for Sunday
    When all these black letters turn red

All I need
    Is you and these stars
    Girl I'm a gambler
    And the house got over
    I'm keeping my hand on the table

Girl I'm a Cleaner
    I came for the win
    The outcome was never in doubt
    I'm not a redeemer
    Just wearing the thorns
    Since Judas went and sold me out

All I need
    Is you and these stars
    Girl I'm a gambler
    And the house got over
    I'm keepin my hand on the table
  • SM0K3YSM0K3Y Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭
    Nice!
    bump for dj
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bumpity bump for some good tunes
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White