Home General Discussion
Options

Still Looking for an everyday!!

flowbeeflowbee Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭
Guys,
I am still looking to replace my discontinued everday smoke!!

does anyone smoke the Cigar.com house brands? I loved that AJ fresh rolled, and Im depressing on it!!
Ideas please affordable helps!

Comments

• Options
    No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    Any more info? Vitola, flavor profile, country of origin? Oh and... DPG BLUE!!!
  • Options
    onestrangeoneonestrangeone Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No_one21:
    Love the Blue, you can almost always get a Good deal on them.
  • Options
    onestrangeone:
    No_one21:
    Yup! Never paid more than $4 per I think.
  • Options
    youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    No_one21:
    onestrangeone:
    No_one21:
    DPG blue is too spicy for an everyday for me. I like a creamier constitutional.
    Perdomo Lot 23 Connecticut, and the puro are both crazy affordable and non-offensive coffee and doughnut cigars. I assume that's what you meant?

When you smoke is important too. I would say MoW PA, but if I had one when I usually have my daily roast down (A.M.) I'd be green and lightheaded for an hour.

Ave Maria toros are a great size for a daily. But how do you choose between connie and habano? There can be only one!
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two of mine have been mentioned, Puro Authentico and DPG Blue. Also on the list would be the MOW Ruination corona.
  • Options
    ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    I really like the Gurkha Park Avenue (only one of Gurkha i really like)
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Options
    WaltBasilWaltBasil Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    flowbee:
    Guys,

does anyone smoke the Cigar.com house brands? I loved that AJ fresh rolled, and Im depressing on it!!
    The Reposados come to mind. Available in conny, Hab, and maduro wrappers. Also an AJ smoke. I've got the connys. Perdomo Mistakes are similar, available in conny or maduro. Tried any of them? I could spare a couple of each for your sampling.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    you can almost always get a good deal on the Avo classic.

check out the JdN Celebracion.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    you can almost always get a good deal on the Avo classic.

check out the JdN Celebracion.

I second those two choices and would like to add both the Ramon Bueso cigars Genesis and Odyssey to you list for consideration. (You may have to wait for a sale on boxes but the robustos can be had for $3 a stick.)
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    in that "house blend" price range ($2-$3/stick) .... i've always had good luck with the "AJ Overrun" bundles (I think they've since been rebranded to "Nicaraguan boutique overruns" fyi)....
    heard good things about the davidoff 4x4 too, never tried one though.

if you want to go up a little $$ closer to the $4/stick range, (aside from all the good suggestions in the posts above) i'd say you *have to try* illusione R rothschildes....soo good.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    agreed with the JdN Celebracion

but aren't they discontinued? I know i can't find them anywhere in the size that i like and in general all of them are "on backorder"

i personally like the consul size.....not a big fan of the corona size but want a shorter smoke and that is right up my alley.
  • Options
    Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Check out Silvio palomino cigars. The Cuban sandwich mazo of 25 is $31.50 shipped! For 69.00 you get the exclusiva 25 cigars in a box shipped and they are fantastic!
  • Options
    ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Darktower007:
    Check out Silvio palomino cigars. The Cuban sandwich mazo of 25 is $31.50 shipped! For 69.00 you get the exclusiva 25 cigars in a box shipped and they are fantastic!
    Completely agree with the Palominos- fantastic cigar. I would also say the La Pearla Habana Cazadores are are great, very cheap cigar smack in the medium category.
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    youngryan216:
    No_one21:
    onestrangeone:
    No_one21:
    Perdomo Lot 23 Connecticut, and the puro are both crazy affordable and non-offensive coffee and doughnut cigars. I assume that's what you meant?

When you smoke is important too. I would say MoW PA, but if I had one when I usually have my daily roast down (A.M.) I'd be green and lightheaded for an hour.

Ave Maria toros are a great size for a daily. But how do you choose between connie and habano? There can be only one!
    Ave Maria Clermont (corona) would put back to the size range and can be found a little cheaper then the robusto (I guess I assume you were buying corona). Virtue is always a great everyday stick FTW.
  • Options
    roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    House blends, the purple is a good morning smoke and the red for later in the day. The corojo was my favorite, but the stopped making those.
    One God, One Truth
  • Options
    youngryan216:
    No_one21:
    onestrangeone:
    No_one21:

Yea actually I was going to talk about the Lot 23 but again, didn't have any info to go on. It's a good breakfast/coffee smoke as you mentioned but not what I'd want at night every day.
  • Options
    WaltBasil:
    flowbee:
    Guys,

The Reposados come to mind. Available in conny, Hab, and maduro wrappers. Also an AJ smoke. I've got the connys. Perdomo Mistakes are similar, available in conny or maduro. Tried any of them? I could spare a couple of each for your sampling.
    I haven't tried any of those yet, that would be great Walt Ty
  • Options
    Darktower007:
    I will look into these as well Thankyou Dark!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the ideas guys!! Much appreciated!
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Every so often the Perdomos Slow Aged pops up and you can get them dirt cheap, just a real nice smoke. I'd also so if you can find them private stock or Corazon both are by Davidoff and fantastic early morning smokes without breaking the bank. Kuzi's choices are spot on as well. C.com has the slow aged and the corazons available ......
  • Options
    HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    An everyday smoke varies... for me (price considering), it'd probably be the Gran Habano VC2002. I just love that cigar, and at $40-$50 a bundle it's hard to beat. If it weren't a matter of price, then I'd probably pick the JDN Cabinetta - I love a cigar with my coffee, and I maintain that that cigar was designed for a cafe con leche! Anyway, brand Seconds might also be a good fit for you if you like RPs, for example.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Hays:
    If it weren't a matter of price, then I'd probably pick the JDN Cabinetta - I love a cigar with my coffee, and I maintain that that cigar was designed for a cafe con leche!
    yes. that was a go to for a wile for me.
  • Options
    Thanks Everyone!!!
    I will post what I decided when my order arrives, I appreciate all of you guys helpin me.