Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

2014 NewB Secret Santa (or) Festivus Exchange

VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
This is the same post I had from last 2 years with some updates. Since Kuz is good enough to do this for us "old folks" I thought to try for the "younger" guys. Worked well so far, so I figure I could try to facilitate it again this year if there is interest.

There are always questions from people about the gift exchange that Kuzi runs. Now, I will say as a member of it for 4 or 5 years now, its awesome. But I also see some of the newer BOTLs are not yet qualified under the rules of the exchange (which I support and I think everyone else understands as well). I just wanted to offer to set up something for everyone who does not qualify for that as a way to be included in this fun Holiday Exchange. Again, I will take names and addresses and distribute, but will not be involved in the exchange itself, just trying to be there to help some younger BOTLs on here.

Rules will be meant to include those not in the main exchange. This means people with under 500 posts qualify, and people here for less than 4 months qualify. The requirement is however that you MUST BE a member in "good standing" on the board (we know what this is) and anyone with questionable or concerning deals will be excluded (not saying this is anyone here, just looking to protect everyone). The exchange itself will be in the same idea as the other one here, but the values will be slightly decreased as some people may not know others as well as those of us here for an extended period have, and to ensure a lower amount incase of any issues. The rules of thumb will be:

Send me your name and address (via PM) and I will redistribute names to everyone. The name you get from me is the name that you will send a cigar related package to.Included in your PM to sign up should be the following:

-your name and address you want the package sent to -a short list of things (cigar related accessories) you want.(lighters, ashtrays, etc...) ALSO this may include some Non-Cigar related if you would like. This happened in years past and just gives some options to people-a short list of things you DONT want. (I dont need another cutter) -your preferences on cigars (favorite blenders, brands)

The names will be distributed either November 29th or early the next day. Gifts can start going out on Monday December 8th. and must be sent by Dec 19th. Put a return address on the box you send out but not your real name or forum name. Return Addy should be "Ccom Newb Holiday Pass" or "Ccom Newb Secret Santa" or something of the like. After you have sent me the PM, post here that you signed up so we can all see who is participating.

the "rules of thumb":If you know right off the bat who your Secret Santa is, dont spoil it for the others. I will post a list of who sent to whom when all is said and done with.The price guideline will be in the spirit of $30.00. This $30 is for the "main" gift not cigars. Cigars are on top of that. The guide on cigars will be no less than 3 cigars. You are welcome to send out any cigar you chose. (no "crap" of course). Of course you can send out more cigars if you want (it is in fact encouraged)

Please sign up with me via PM and post on here by midnight on Novemeber 28th. Any questions or issues feel free to ask. If this goes no where, that’s fine, just wanted to open this up and give everyone here a change to participate in something if they choose. Thanks also to Kuzi for the format for this as I copied some of your words above.

List of people in the exchange thus far: D Fresh, First Warrior, Retircs1, Avengethis, Brianak, CBuck, BenHanks, BigNBallin

Comments

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM sent
  • D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    PM sent
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    You guys are added......Im sure there will be more.
    Bumpity bump.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I be a newb again? It was a blast being in this a few years ago. Hell I still feel like a newb. You guys are so lucky. Don't ever grow up, just be a toys "r" us kid.
  • D_FreshD_Fresh Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    At this point I wonder who my secret Santa would be...hmmm...
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Bump for the new guys
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

Glock I dont see your name in Kuzis XMas for us on here...not sure why, but your choice certainly. For whatever reason, should you still "feel like a newb" as you say or just really want to be in this one again-------Santa Vulchor has no trouble bending the rules to get you back in here. Just let me know.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are all the new guys. Get in on this. Good times
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Newb at heart!
    If there isn't enough of a response to this than maybe we could do something along the lines of a Vet/Newb Exchange where a Vet is paired with a New Member. I'm already in the Main one but would do something like that as well.
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glock1975:
    Can I be a newb again? It was a blast being in this a few years ago. Hell I still feel like a newb. You guys are so lucky. Don't ever grow up, just be a toys "r" us kid.
    I appreciate the offer bro, I just really wish i was new at this agin, but in seveal ways i still am, all though without as many mistakes i made then. I will join kuzi's list, really haven't signed up yet cause will be out of town most of december and didn't wanna mess things up.
  • Retircs1Retircs1 Posts: 453
    I sent my PM did you get it?
    Retircs, you are in buddy-----we have 3 now, so its at least a guessing game----still some time for people to join.
    alright NewB's , we are getting shown up here. Don't want to act like a Fund raising preacher on TV saying " I believe there is 7 New B's out there willing to provide a gift to some BOTL/SOTL for Christmas :)"
  • wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Retircs1:
    alright NewB's , we are getting shown up here. Don't want to act like a Funding preacher on TV saying " I believe there is 7 New B's out there willing to provide a gift to some BOTL/SOTL for Christmas :)"
    If I wasnt broke and already grabbing something for ma tour guide id be down for some festivas
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
    wahooschock:
    Retircs1:
    alright NewB's , we are getting shown up here. Don't want to act like a Funding preacher on TV saying " I believe there is 7 New B's out there willing to provide a gift to some BOTL/SOTL for Christmas :)"
    If I wasnt broke and already grabbing something for ma tour guide id be down for some festivas
    wahooschock, it's ok :) are you even a new b? 500 + post you be here for a bit? I think wahooschock is trying infiltrate some body should make you pay for that. I'm I wrong here ? somebody provide intel
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM sent. Just missed the veteran one by like 3 days so I am excited to see there is something that I can get in on.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Retircs1:
    wahooschock:
    Retircs1:
    wahooschock, it's ok :) are you even a new b? 500 + post you be here for a bit? I think wahooschock is trying infiltrate some body should make you pay for that. I'm I wrong here ? somebody provide intel
    Lol nah just no life is all
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
    Avengethis---your in brother.....little time left everyone else:)
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Tis the season!
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in Tis the season to be Ball'n!!
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • benhanksbenhanks Posts: 342 ✭✭
    PM sent (if you'll have me)
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    wahooschock:
    Retircs1:
    Im in the same boat with being broke otherwise id be all over this.
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • BrianakBrianak Posts: 255
    Sign me up. Would like to blow up a mailbox.
  • cbuckcbuck Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If its not too late, I'd like to be in. Let me know. Thanks. Charlie
    It will be awesome to see this one unfold along with the regular one.
    Enola Gay - Target #29

Sorry for the delay----also got some new sign ups at the end to sort thru. Will be getting names and addresses out in the day day or 2 at the lastest-----Fear not fellas:)
    Brianak, CBuck, BenHanks........You are all in
    BigNBallin too