Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Things I want from Ccom

MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
I know some similar threads have been attempted before, but here's my website wish list. Add to it as you will:

Vitola Search-help me find corona! (Without having to wade through the site search.)

Other "sort" characteristics like wrapper, blender, etc. for a search.

No more html required on the forums.

Mobile version-those drop downs are annoying on my phone.

What do the rest of you want? Again, I know some of these have been hashed and rehashed, but for some reason it was bugging me this morning.

Gimme a corona search, ccom!
Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Besides those, a yearly herf so that the forum members could get a chance to hang out with the staff, smoke some cigars, and just have a great time.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Martel:
    I know some similar threads have been attempted before, but here's my website wish list. Add to it as you will:

Vitola Search-help me find corona! (Without having to wade through the site search.)

Other "sort" characteristics like wrapper, blender, etc. for a search.

No more html required on the forums.

Mobile version-those drop downs are annoying on my phone.

What do the rest of you want? Again, I know some of these have been hashed and rehashed, but for some reason it was bugging me this morning.

Gimme a corona search, ccom!

In the words of the great Martimus Maximus, "FUGEDDABOUT IT. It ain't ever gonna happen"
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see "Box Pressed" added also. It also requires a brand by brand search and is a royal pain.
  • Options
    youngryan216youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    I would like to see "Box Pressed" added also. It also requires a brand by brand search and is a royal pain.
    +1 for box press option.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM notification. Or am I the only one who finds it irritating to have to check it constantly?

Search by price. Low to high.(mostly the samplers is where I run into wanting it)

An Advanced search would really help. As was said, vitola, wrapper or what ever.
    I sometimes will search "Cameroon", but there are quite a few I know they carry that don't show up on the search. And some that show up that aren't cameroon.
    And am I the only one that the search for cigars seems to take forever?

And if it is "On order", maybe a time frame when they are expected in? That would sometimes be helpful.

Getting rid of the html in the forum would really be nice. And I know it can be done.
    And a preview on the post that works would really be helpful.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if it was supported on Tapatalk or some other mobile platform I wouldn't care about any of the other issues.
  • Options
    blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    +1 on ditching html
  • Options
    ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Posts: 507 ✭✭
    blutattoo:
    +1 on ditching html
    +1 again
    Two people with a common goal can accomplish many things. Two people with a common enemy can accomplish even more.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    If this was all faster (essentially what you're asking for), I'd have to spend more time doing work. Let's slow it all down instead, can we? The herf sounds like a good idea though, James. I think they do something at cigarfest that I've never made it to though.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    0patience:
    PM notification. Or am I the only one who finds it irritating to have to check it constantly?

Search by price. Low to high.(mostly the samplers is where I run into wanting it)

An Advanced search would really help. As was said, vitola, wrapper or what ever.
    I sometimes will search "Cameroon", but there are quite a few I know they carry that don't show up on the search. And some that show up that aren't cameroon.
    And am I the only one that the search for cigars seems to take forever?

And if it is "On order", maybe a time frame when they are expected in? That would sometimes be helpful.

Getting rid of the html in the forum would really be nice. And I know it can be done.
    And a preview on the post that works would really be helpful.
    Good ones! I meant to include the price sort. I hate scrolling through the page of clearance to find the bargains in my price range. And inbox notification. YES! No more "check your inbox" threads.

That reminds me...
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Options
    ...Nuthin.

• Options
    I just found another thing I'd like added.
    To be able to add samplers and accessories to my favorites.
    I see a lot of samplers that I would like to save for later.
    Like when I see something that I think a certain person would like, I want to save it for when things get caught up. You can only add Premium Brands to the favorites.
    So for now, I'm stuck with a notepad that I lose or forget where I put it or forget which notepad I put it on. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A faster search engine. I swear to gawd I don't know a slower search anywhere. Dudes, index your db tables for cryin out loud.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Make the front page work properly on iOS devices!

The whole site looks dated IMHO. I'm hoping they have a complete website revamp in the works.
  • Options
    Make tracking numbers link directly to the status page. Copy and paste is a pain on my phone.

• Options
    Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    All of these and more will be coming with the new site by the end of next year hopefully.
  • Options
    wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    Personally I like it this way. Keeps it so only the ones determined to learn and participate stay.
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • Options
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    All of these and more will be coming with the new site by the end of next year hopefully.
    You guys rock!

• Options
    ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Martel:
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    You guys rock!
    +1
  • Options
    Martel:
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    You guys rock!
    Way to go Martel. Sometimes the squeaky wheel does get the grease.
    How does it feel to be lubed up? ROFL!!!
    Sorry, I couldn't resist.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    kswildcatkswildcat Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id like a better flavor profile, what flavors you may experience. Also a search were it brings up those that have a particular flavor.. Say you like coffee, choose coffee and it lists all that have coffee in the experience. More choices on sizes on sprint sale would be nice as well
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would appreciate it greatly if the "Sprint Sale" bar would stay in one place instead of floating to be directly over the one thing I'm trying to touch on my touch screen.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    wahooschock:
    Personally I like it this way. Keeps it so only the ones determined to learn and participate stay.
    Thats right! This is a certain trial by fire just to be a regular here. as for things i want?

everything~!

Aj
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,016 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the risk of being called "old" or whatever. I'm concerned about the changes. I've gotten used to the way it is. I have dabbled in a few other forum sites that made changes and after they made upgrades, I felt like I was lost in a unfamiliar forum. I hope I don't get lost here.
  • Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Id like em to up their game on the DD, weekend Blitz, and sprint sale. Meaning,, Id like to see more sales on higher end cigars.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    At the risk of being called "old" or whatever. I'm concerned about the changes. I've gotten used to the way it is. I have dabbled in a few other forum sites that made changes and after they made upgrades, I felt like I was lost in a unfamiliar forum. I hope I don't get lost here.
    yes. this exactly.
  • Options
    jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bob Luken:

Don't worry Bob, you have lots of friends and you will get all the help you need.

I am fairly confident that any changes on CCom won't be the "look what I can do " type stupidity I have seen on other forums. I think the folks at CCom are just too laid back to stick in changes for the sake of changes, and will make a real effort to listen and apply useful improvements. That also means everyone is not going to get all the changes they want. All I want is an ignore button.
  • Options
    jd50ae:
    Bob Luken:

Don't worry Bob, you have lots of friends and you will get all the help you need.

I am fairly confident that any changes on CCom won't be the "look what I can do " type stupidity I have seen on other forums. I think the folks at CCom are just too laid back to stick in changes for the sake of changes, and will make a real effort to listen and apply useful improvements. That also means everyone is not going to get all the changes they want. All I want is an ignore button.

Did you say something?