Home Non Cigar Related

Slim Jim's

Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
Who else loves them? I'm a addict I can admit it, I can't go to a store or gas station without buying a box, so yummy. I've actually ate 68 in under ten minutes to win a bet.

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long before hazmat turned you lose?
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    When I was in Iraq, there was a rumor that they were discontinuing Slim Jim production....needless to say, morale was sapped.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went to BJ's, found 100 Slim Jims in a dispenser you can hang on the wall. It's the perfect complement to any garage. Hangs beside my cigar rolling bench, opposite the beer fridge. The Corn Nuts are on top of the beer fridge, beside the sports tube. Hanging in the garage, chomping junk meat and corn nuts, washing it down with Coors, watching MMA, wrenching on a motorcycle, smoking a home rolled cigar. Haruff ruff ruff ruff. That's some serious man time.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm more of a jack links kind of guy .... but that **** is $$$ expensive

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love meat too
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Northern Ohio High Rollers.
    Glock1975:
    jgibv:
    Northern Ohio High Rollers.
    lol i wish bro

it's like $5 at the grocery for a bag with only a few little pieces. highway robbery! it's good but can't justify the price.

thinking about trying to make my own sometime.
    bro-in-law does homemade venison jerky, now that's some premeprimepreme eats!

Premipremiprems FTW!!!
    jgibv:
    Try your local Dollar General. They sell a 7" Jack Links for a slender buck. Not bad at all. I score a hatful every time I go camping.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jgibv:
    Yup. I like Slim Jims, but Jack Links is so much better.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
    webmost:
    jgibv:
    Try your local Dollar General. They sell a 7" Jack Links for a slender buck. Not bad at all. I score a hatful every time I go camping.
    never thought of looking there, always grab them from the supermarket ... i'll give it a try!

• smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    webmost:
    jgibv:
    Great info..i get down with some jack from time to time...will be great to save some money on it.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Wild bills!! Use to love slim Jim's but damn it beef jerky is delicious!!
    Money can't buy taste
    smoke em if you got em:
    webmost:
    jgibv:
    Great info..i get down with some jack from time to time...will be great to save some money on it.
    You can't find them there, let me know, and I'll buy these guys out and mail you a fistful.

• Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    webmost:
    jgibv:
    Not that kind a jack silly.
  • raisindotraisindot Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    I went to BJ's, found 100 Slim Jims in a dispenser you can hang on the wall. It's the perfect complement to any garage. Hangs beside my cigar rolling bench, opposite the beer fridge. The Corn Nuts are on top of the beer fridge, beside the sports tube. Hanging in the garage, chomping junk meat and corn nuts, washing it down with Coors, watching MMA, wrenching on a motorcycle, smoking a home rolled cigar. Haruff ruff ruff ruff. That's some serious man time.

And the other TV turned to FOXNews?

Sorry---very cheap shot. :)
    Oh...just, oh...
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    I love meat too
    This isn't another **** joke, is it?
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    raisindot:
    webmost:

And the other TV turned to FOXNews?

Sorry---very cheap shot. :)
    Never watch the stuff and that's the truth. The odd fact, indigestible to you, raisindot, is that a person does not have to be a brainwashed tool of radio talk show blowhards to vehemently disagree with you.

And you still owe me an answer to the question: How much is enough? Give me a percentage. Not blather about dark ages and dirty water; but a number. At about what proportion of total society does government become stifling? Twice now, our spirited discussions have come to an abrupt halt at this very question. I cannot get a straight answer out of any liberal I ask this. How much is enough? What portion should be left for the individual? At what point can we say that government has gone too far?

This is the central question of our time. Does the future include room for autonomous individuals, or only for one vast goose-stepping ant hive?

Take water. Water is good. Waterworld sucks. Government likewise.

Nothing I propose begins by taking your money nor ends by telling you how to live.

... and I ate a Jack Links while writing this.

TGIF. I need to get home and smoke.

• EulogyEulogy Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love me some beef jerky, but I don't believe slim Jim's are actual food.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone just gave me a bunch of them in a different variety of flavors. There was a Jerk Flavored which was awesome along with the Tabasco and barbecue. I do love real jerkey, but in a convenient mart picking up a slushie and a drew estate, can't beat em.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I only eat them when working 18+ hours at remote sites. The last time my dinner consisted of a slim jim, cool ranch doritos, and a gatorade. I like the good stuff so I avoid these and the jack links if I can. Although, I do sometimes get a craving for a slim jim tbh.
  • First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chop em up and make PHO.
  • wahooschockwahooschock Posts: 792 ✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    Someone just gave me a bunch of them in a different variety of flavors. There was a Jerk Flavored which was awesome along with the Tabasco and barbecue. I do love real jerkey, but in a convenient mart picking up a slushie and a drew estate, can't beat em.
    Haha
    I love my pack and a good community (cigars/Vape)
    "I'm at the point in my life where if it doesn't taste good,I'm not putting it in my mouth"
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    imageUweeeeeeee Yeahhhhh
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n!