Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Amazon Basin Pass V-herf tonight See page 9 post.

Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
Bob's Brazilia Amazon Basin Pass

Edits to pass details in blue.Most recent updates in green
I have ordered a box of the new CAO Brazilia Amazon Basin (BAM). I will keep a handful for myself and the rest will go into the pass along with a hanful of additional cigars of my choice. How many of the CAO Brazilia Amazon Basin will each participant get? Depends on how many join the pass. I can have a maximum of 16 participants. That way each one can get two of the BAMs and also can choose from the other random cigars in the pass for their total number of takes. All puts are eligible to be takes as the pass rolls along. As long as there are enough BAMs to go around I will hold some sort of drawing to determine who is eligible to take more than two BAMs. Is this getting too complicated? Sorry, just trying to think of everything. I would expect takes to number anywhere from three to six sticks and please don't put way more puts in than you take out. Just keep it pretty even OK? I don't want this thing to grow beyond a medium flat rate box. It's all about getting to sample the BAM :)

Participants must be on the good traders list. 
Participants must have at least 50 posts. 
Participants must post photos of their takes and puts. 
I'm open to suggestions if you have any ideas to help me with the pass.

(UPDATE 9/10/14) I'm buying a second box so, don't be shy about joining the pass. It's not too crowded in here yet. LOL. (I think I'll limit it to 16 participants) And also, after giving it some thought, I think I'd like everyone to have the opportunity to sample at least two of the Amazons. Sometimes it's nice to sample more than one when you're trying new cigars. If I buy a second box I'd probably break the pass up into two different shipments so it wouldn't take so long to get around to everybody.

(9/20/14)Update: To keep things simple,....everybody in the pass take two BAMs. That way there's no hesitation or questions about who takes how many.

Pass order. Subject to change until shipped.

Box #1
X Brianak
james40
CharlieHeis
Rain
MorganGeo
mmccartneydc
OchoZacho

Pass order. Subject to change until shipped.

Box #2
X matkn293
Patrickbrick
avengethis
reggie713
rsherman24
First Warrior
twistedstem

Comments

• rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in. Looking to try these.
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Yes please
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • BrianakBrianak Posts: 255
    Would like to be part of this.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    I would love to be a part of this!
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in, pending an addition to the good traders list that has just been set in motion.
    CharlieHeis:
    I'm in, pending an addition to the good traders list that has just been set in motion.
    I'll put you on, you DID bomb me...
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great response so far. The box should ship today from ccom to me. Looks like we have a pretty good pass so far.
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in if you will have me.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

Rain:
    CharlieHeis:
    I'll put you on, you DID bomb me...
    Technically not a trade. I'll play by the rules. Should have done this a long time ago.
    Bomb should mean more...you hit someone without expecting anything in return
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    I'm in. I like this pass idea.
  • MorganGeoMorganGeo Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be in on this one. Looking forward to trying one of these. Very cool idea for a pass
  • Retircs1Retircs1 Posts: 453
    Hi Bob how does one know if there are on the good trader's list ?
    When a new member wants to get involved in trades he needs to go to the newbie trading thread. He announces his desire to have a veteran member "sponsor" him and the newbie sends his part of the trade first. The newbie usually sends a five pack of Opus X to the Veteran member. Then the vet will confirm the newbie as a "good trader". The vet will then post the newbie's name to the "good traders" thread and ships the vet's part of the trade back to the newbie. It's kinda' funny. Sometime newbies get a few bombs thrown at them and even throw a few bombs of their own and maybe even do a trade before they realize that they aren't officially "certified" yet according to our little set of rules. It's just a small hurdle an effort to weed out some spineless mooch who would take advantage of us.

(Haha just kidding about the Opus X. Just send good cigars. Nothing too fancy but not dog rockets either.)
  • UnicornUnicorn Posts: 451 ✭✭
    Bob Luken:
    When a new member wants to get involved in trades he needs to go to the newbie trading thread. He announces his desire to have a veteran member "sponsor" him and the newbie sends his part of the trade first. The newbie usually sends a five pack of Opus X to the Veteran member. Then the vet will confirm the newbie as a "good trader". The vet will then post the newbie's name to the "good traders" thread and ships the vet's part of the trade back to the newbie. It's kinda' funny. Sometime newbies get a few bombs thrown at them and even throw a few bombs of their own and maybe even do a trade before they realize that they aren't officially "certified" yet according to our little set of rules. It's just a small hurdle an effort to weed out some spineless mooch who would take advantage of us.

(Haha just kidding about the Opus X. Just send good cigars. Nothing too fancy but not dog rockets either.)
    Apparently I suck at reading rules! I need a sponsor apparently? I'll have ask for help on the whole "buying good cigars part" because for now I'd just be in in there finding whatever looks pretty.
    Unicorn:
    Bob Luken:

Apparently I suck at reading rules! I need a sponsor apparently? I'll have ask for help on the whole "buying good cigars part" because for now I'd just be in in there finding whatever looks pretty.
    You want a sponsor? PM incoming. I'm easy too. A couple of Oliva Os and Gs and I'm happy LOL.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    glad to see you can finally make this pass happen michael. cool idea.

y'all should post up a "group" review once the pass is finished....
    i think it'd be cool to read everyone's thoughts on the same cigar/from the same box/with the same amount of age on it. ya know?

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like in on this.
    jgibv:
    glad to see you can finally make this pass happen michael. cool idea.

y'all should post up a "group" review once the pass is finished....
    i think it'd be cool to read everyone's thoughts on the same cigar/from the same box/with the same amount of age on it. ya know?

Yeah, That's a great thought. I had considered mentioning a date at some point in the future we could all smoke one on the same day. Maybe even do some v-herfs.

Are you in? You should get in on this pass too John.

I'm considering buying a second box if more people want to get in on it. If I buy a second box I'd probably break it up into two different shipments so it wouldn't take so long to get around to everybody.

And, after giving it some thought, I think I'd like everyone to have a shot at at keeping at least two of the Amazons. Sometimes it's nice to sample more than one when you're trying new cigars.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Mr. Bob, I would to participate. And adding to John's suggestion, there could be a vherf for the group review(s).
    james40:
    Mr. Bob, I would to participate. And adding to John's suggestion, there could be a vherf for the group review(s).
    Yes, that would be fun. Thanks for joining in.
    Bob Luken:
    And also, after giving it some thought, I think I'd like everyone to have the opportunity to sample at least two of the Amazons. Sometimes it's nice to sample more than one when you're trying new cigars.
    Agree very much.
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to join this pass if you still have room.
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
    I got my end of a trade with Brianak out Wednesday, but if someone else wants in, you can give them my spot. No big deal. As I stated earlier, I should have got a trade in to get on the good traders list a long time ago.
    CharlieHeis:
    I got my end of a trade with Brianak out Wednesday, but if someone else wants in, you can give them my spot. No big deal. As I stated earlier, I should have got a trade in to get on the good traders list a long time ago.
    You are a fine gentleman Charlie for offering to give up your seat on the bus. But, I don't see a problem with keeping you right where you are. I think interest is slowing down a bit and even with you and Retrics1 on the list with pending newbie trades, we still have a few open spots. And besides, this pass won't ship out until next week sometime and you two won't be first on the rotation anyway, which should give you two enough time to get your sponsored trades taken care of.
  • reggie713reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in if there's room!
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if its not to late and youll have me id love to be in.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

Thanks guys. Y'all are very welcome to join in and I've already added you to the list. Looks like we have room for one more.
    Everybody send me a PM with your name/address so I can get this thing rolling.