Home General Discussion

Sprint Sale

BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
So.... I haven't really looked at the Sprint sale offerings for a couple of years. Now that I'm incapacitated and bored, I've seen what comes and goes in the morning, noon and night time frames and all I gotta say is.... Are people really that crazy?? They would be so much better off talking to a rep or at least school themselves on pricing. As opposed to other sites, you really have to watch each item come and go, over and over again...... Maybe I could be the one minute cigar consultant, ready to give my .02...anyways, rant over.

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I know. Rarely do I have any interest nor the time for the sprint sale. Takes forever to see anything I'd bite on and usually, people bite on the prices before anything interesting is actually at a really good price. Think I'd rather just call in.

On a slightly unrelated note for the devil site, though, there's no curing that. So many people bidding over MSRP.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Made 1 purchase from the sprint and it was impulse, but a pretty good deal. Wayne is right, there are not many that really are my favorites and I always waited too long to pull the trigger anyways. Hours spent vs purchases made, didn't add up. Usually email my orders and work with my rep that way, less time consuming and less angst.
  • matkn293matkn293 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have made a couple purchases from there but not recently. Takes a bit too long do get through stuff I think.

Life is too short to smoke bad cigars!!!

Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues, Oh when the Blues go marching in!

• FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    When I first joined here, the Sprint sale, Daily Deal and Weekend blitz were the only deals I knew existed, and "took advantage" of them often and stocked up. I am now a little wiser and it's been a while since I have done any buys that way.

My sprint sale technique was to have several windows open of various online sites and get a price reference of what I could buy it for and waited for the Sprint Sale to get as close to 50% or lower off before it went away.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    My patience is too short to watch and wait!
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Are people really that crazy??
    Yup!
    I was watching the sprint sale and something I wanted popped up, I thought I might see where it hit the buy. I didn't have to wait but a couple seconds and it was gone.
    Someone REALLY wanted it.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would swear that a few years ago, people waited until the end. Also, do they really sell every single offer? That's hard to believe...
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    I would swear that a few years ago, people waited until the end. Also, do they really sell every single offer? That's hard to believe...
    I think that if the price dropped below a pre-set minimum, the item gets yanked and re-offered later.
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    +1. I haven't used Sprint Sale for over a year.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    wwhwang:
    I think that if the price dropped below a pre-set minimum, the item gets yanked and re-offered later.

This is my understanding. I haven't been on in a long time just because there's too much I don't want. As recently as this winter I saw some good deals, but it was just too hard to actually get them. At the time, I was seeing MOW PAs and JdN Celebracion for about as good a price as I've seen when they got down to their minimum. Every once in a while people would **** them up before that, but I think I had a handle on when they got pulled and could pull my trigger right before that mark.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant knock the SS too much...don't get on there much, however, I have bought 2 boxes of MF Le Bijou's @ a great price. I bought them in the early days of the SS.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have gotten some great deals off there, but have also said WTF are they thinking at some other people. It was a great place to get the 3 x 3's until they became popular again. Now I rarely get on.
  • e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    I'Ve recently picked up a couple of pretty good deals. The only time I have to watch it is when I'm at work and can just leave it up on one of the screens. I still prefer to call and talk to one of the reps.
  • jadeltjadelt Posts: 763 ✭✭
    SS Needs to improve their selection. Same old same old stuff rarely a pick that I want.
  • Edna20Edna20 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need a Sprint Sale intervention. I haven't bought much from it, and I do the same as someone mentioned earlier which is to have several windows open and compare prices before acting, but I almost always have CSS open on my phone...or my tablet at work :) I look a little less frequently now that I've been watching for several weeks because the selection isn't that vast. I usually tell myself that I'll buy something when the price gets to X and then someone will snag it, or it will reset, before it gets there. If you pay attention though, you will see the price point that most stuff disappears and can wait for it to come up again and try to get it.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    smoke em if you got em:
    I cant knock the SS too much...don't get on there much, however, I have bought 2 boxes of MF Le Bijou's @ a great price. I bought them in the early days of the SS.

Same here and was my first box purchase at the time.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29