Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Stafford vs the World II -- Final Standings

SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
That's right, everyone's favorite football contest is back after a one year hiatus. The premise is simple. I think Matthew Stafford will have more passing yards than your QB. To prove it, I'll put up a 5'er for anyone that wants to take up the challenge. Few little rules. Since this contest doesn't pay out until January, to participate you must have 6 active months here and at least 500 posts to play (I want some assurance that the participants will still be here when this ends). To avoid this being a race to pick Manning/Brees/etc, you must reside in the home viewing area of the team that your QB plays for. I don't want a Patriots fan rooting for Brees, I want a Saints fan rooting for his home team! If a particular QB is still available a week before the regular season and someone wants to grab him but doesn't live in their area, that is fine. This is a contest for most passing yards in the regular season. Not average yards per game, so injuries will be huge if they occur. If your QB is injured during the preseason, you can elect to leave the contest before the regular season starts. You can not change your mind after the first snap of the first game. If anyone would like to make additional side bets with the other participants, that's cool too. Feel free to throw it out there. So who wants in? Stafford (SleevePlz) - 4257 yds vs. Brees (ehehat) - 4952 yds Roethlisberger (rsherman24) - 4952 yds Luck (Bigshizza & Martel) - 4761 yds P. Manning (pelirrojo) - 4727 yds Ray (bearb) - 4595 yds E. Manning (Tyland64) - 4410 yds Rodgers (avengethis) - 4381 yds Rivers (bandyt09) - 4286 yds Brady (No_One21) - 4109 yds Romo (Rain) - 3705 yds Smith (jsnake) - 3265 yds Newton (Hayblet) - 3127 yds Foles (Ken Light) - 2163 yds
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    I'll pick Romo for the second year in a row.He's been letting me down a lot longer than that ;)
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    I'll pick Romo for the second year in a row.He's been letting me down a lot longer than that ;)
    We have our first vic....err....participant! Good luck!
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont have 6 months of 500 posts but by the end of the season I bet I will. If you will have me my pick is Aaron Rodgers
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    hmmmmm......Sam Bradford.......yeah, i'm gonna have to pass on this one.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes! You go Mr. Schaaf (like off)! I was gonna ask you if I could take over if you weren't gonna do it again this season.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • No_one21No_one21 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭
    In for Brady.
    avengethis:
    I dont have 6 months of 500 posts but by the end of the season I bet I will. If you will have me my pick is Aaron Rodgers
    Sorry, I put the requirements in for a reason. Maybe next year...
    No_one21:
    In for Brady.
    Gotcha! Good luck.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel you on the requirements Tony...cuz some peeps like to get free sticks and bounce!!!

danielzreyes:
    Yes! You go Mr. Schaaf (like off)! I was gonna ask you if I could take over if you weren't gonna do it again this season.
    Lol, sorry. So which of your LA QB's do you want to take???
    smoke em if you got em:
    I feel you on the requirements Tony...cuz some peeps like to get free sticks and bounce!!!
    Lol, I might actually have the absolute worst luck with bombing new guys with welcome gifts. I almost always pick the ones that don't stick around. Maybe it's me....
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    smoke em if you got em:
    Lol, I might actually have the absolute worst luck with bombing new guys with welcome gifts. I almost always pick the ones that don't stick around. Maybe it's me....
    Well as long as I'm safe from your bombings teach.

ahem ... I like lanceros
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will take Andrew Luck
  • ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    I don't live in NO but I've been a Saints fan for over 20 years with the jersey to prove it. Brees is the man!
    danielzreyes:
    SleevePlz:
    smoke em if you got em:
    Well as long as I'm safe from your bombings teach.

ahem ... I like lanceros
    2 weeks until your birthday.....
    Bigshizza:
    I will take Andrew Luck
    ehehat:
    I don't live in NO but I've been a Saints fan for over 20 years with the jersey to prove it. Brees is the man!
    Y'all testing my rules or what? Lol, I'll put you guys down for Luck and Brees.
  • blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Your rules make it impossible for me to play since I am closest to the Raiders. Sorry Raider nation, but I ain't taking Schaub. If you said who will have the most fumbles I think I could've won that one.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    I will take Andrew Luck
    Wait a minute! I used to have Luck as my avatar...I'm from Indy, originally. How does the Loon Lake guy get him?

Jim wins. TY and Reggie are having a monster camp along with Nicks and Moncrief, and Allen and Fleener. More tools than Stafford if everyone stays healthy.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got Alex Smith Kansas City
  • ehehatehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    SleevePlz:
    Bigshizza:
    I will take Andrew Luck
    ehehat:
    Y'all testing my rules or what? Lol, I'll put you guys down for Luck and Brees.
    I wasnt sayin', i was just sayn'. Know what i'm sayin'? Thanks Tony. I can see Brees and Stafford being pretty close this year, they usually are.
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    Matt Hasselbeck. .. I win... not olaying...But had to make my presence knowen... SEA.......!!!!!! HAWKS!!!!
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Can I get Foles? I don't know if I'm quite in the home radius, but I'm a big Eagles fan.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
    Jake and Ken, you're all set! Good luck! Martel, just tell Jim to get with the program and take his Super Bowl winning QB! Geez, what more does he need, right? LOL
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    We have to suffer through the Denver game and the Dallas game every week so since Romo is already taken I'll have to go with the elder Manning.
    pelirrojo:
    We have to suffer through the Denver game and the Dallas game every week so since Romo is already taken I'll have to go with the elder Manning.
    You got it. Let's see if the old man can still do it. Good luck.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Can I get Foles? I don't know if I'm quite in the home radius, but I'm a big Eagles fan.
    damn you!!
    Money can't buy taste
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    You want him that bad, Lee, I'm cool with that. Betting on my team always makes them lose anyway, and if he breaks his arm week 1 and we have Sanchez as QB I'll only blame myself.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tony,
    I'll take Philip "Cry Me a" Rivers.

If your rules allow I will back avengethis and his Aaron Rogers pick. Your decision.
    bandyt09:
    Tony,
    I'll take Philip "Cry Me a" Rivers.

If your rules allow I will back avengethis and his Aaron Rogers pick. Your decision.
    Gotcha down for Rivers, Todd. Avengethis, I'll happily take some sticks from a Cheesehead after all :)
  • ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    I'll take Stafford