Home Non Cigar Related

Which internet browser do you use?

RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
I used IE up until about a week ago. Switched to Chrome, was not impressed with the privacy settings so now I'm trying Firefox.IE was not bad, I had just heard good things about chrome. I did not see what all the fuss was/is about.So.....what do you guys use?

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrome is it. Used to use the others but they always seem to have issues with different add ons and running my work emulator.
  • avengethisavengethis Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Chrome and Firefox. Certain things run better in one over the other. Both are very similar in my eyes.
    Team O'Donnell FTW!

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke ever last one of 'em." - Ron White
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Have to admit, I haven't seen anyone actively use IE in a couple years. I use Chrome almost exclusively, but Firefox is better for getting around the filters at work, so I use that one on occasion.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I usually use Firefox, but Chrome seems to work a lot better for google plus and a few other things.
  • webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrome. Cause I can bookmark something on my Android tablet laying in bed, and that bookmark will be available on both my Window$ office machine and my Debian office server, on my home office Debian server and my home Mint laptop.... even on my dang phone!

I like that.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

• jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    firefox, chrome or safari ... depends on where/what i'm accessing from.
    (basically anything but IE, it always dogs for me)
    chrome "can be" a memory hog too though .... so on older comps i prefer firefox.

bonus points: adblock plus & ghostery add-ons/extensions are a "must have"

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Safari and Chrome. I use Ad Block Plus, but I'm going to check into Ghostery now too.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    I use Google Chrome for the most part, Exploder for more secure stuff and Safari on the Imac. Chrome seems faster but probably not as secure and it's Google, so I up my security levels when I use it. Doesn't like enhanced security as much as Exploder and that makes me wonder. Never tried Firefox. I miss Netscape.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use chrome on my tablet but yahoo on the PC in the den,which I really haven't used since I got this tablet.
    no matter where you go, there you are.

• blutattooblutattoo Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭
    Safari on my Mac and Firefox at work on my PC. I use Chrome and IE sparingly. I use to love the Opera interface, but got tired of only half the sites working properly with it.
  • Beaker38Beaker38 Posts: 183
    Chrome. Ad blocker saves me from seeing ad's and I just like how its set up
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭
    Surfin' Safari on my Mac and I dig it.

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chemnitz:
    Surfin' Safari on my Mac and I dig it.

Me too. Also have Firefox cause I'm an Eastwood fan.
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    I use Chrome at home and IE on the work system
  • perkinkeperkinke Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    firefox at home and IE at work, mostly because our IT shop doesn't seem to want to install anything else.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Depends what I'm doing online. LOL

• Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I browse the internet. I'm the browser.
  • MartelMartel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    Firefox on desktop/laptop units. Dolphin (based on Chrome, I believe) on mobile.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    mostly chrome.....some firefox.
  • ejgormanejgorman Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭
    Mostly Safari on my iOS devices and Chrome on anything else.
    East Side 2015
    KLMOW Badge 8/2014
    Team Trident 2014