Home Pipes

Need a new pipe

jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
I really need to add a pipe. I only have 2 plus the corncob. Need to step up my pipe smoking and get in on some of these great new blends out there. Keep thinking of it but always opt for buying more cigars. I do love some good pipe smoking though. Any advice on a nice inexpensive pipe. Really want an Erik Nording but not sure I want to spend that much.

Comments

• J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    What are you looking to spend? You can find some great smokers at or just below $50.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    wow... nording makes some really nice stuff. The Shapes are very organic and smooth. The Freehand Grain Series is a shape i really like and the colors are beautiful. I dont think the prices seems to far out.

Though I agree with J.S. that there are some great priced smokers out there for under 50. I have the Baraccini Orange sandblast i bought for 40 bucks and its one of the best smokers I have.

You Know, if you want a super cheap but upgrade smoke from a cob, Missouri Meerscham also makes those hardwood pipes that I think are 7 bucks or so and they smoke really well too.

Aj
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The prices aren't out there. I just have to decided between the pipe and those dang Viaje cigars I can't get enough of.

My local has nothing but high end pipes. Just wondering what some good brands are for inexpensive yet great smokers. I have 3 empty spots in my pipe stand and want to fill them.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barracini and LaRocca have been good for me.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
    Sounds like you are just looking more for a good smoker than paying for the look of a pipe. There are a lot that would work. Amos has mentioned a couple of great brands that you should look at and consider. I would add Roma, Graco, and Aldo Velani Collection E and the list could go on and on. All can be found at or below $50. These would be good to great smokers if a general all around anytime pipe is what you want.
    jsnake:
    The prices aren't out there. I just have to decided between the pipe and those dang Viaje cigars I can't get enough of.

My local has nothing but high end pipes. Just wondering what some good brands are for inexpensive yet great smokers. I have 3 empty spots in my pipe stand and want to fill them.
    I was thinking about you 3 empty spots. They could all be filled for $70 if you are willing to let the pipe guys from another site pick your pipes for you. They are close outs but should be good solid smokers. The pipe deal also doesn't last very long as they usually sell out quickly but they are in now.
    I think I know what you are talking about. Will check it out.
    My procrastination paid off. Courtesy of Marker
    Very nice Marker! The Savinelli looks beautiful! Some good tobacco too.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! Nice!
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    The Sav is a Canadian Long John. Smokes great with an open draw. I broke it in with burley, then London Mix so he would have some cake in the bowl and ready to smoke. The other two are high grade estates I purchased off ebay and used for a while. Didn't have time to get them professionally cleaned. I am no professional cleaner and didn't want to mess them up. The freehand was the closest to a nording I had and imo will smoke better. Nording is a well marketed name, but that is as far as I will say about his pipes.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭
    Amazing! What a hookup!

Aj
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Amazing! What a hookup!

Aj
    You aren't kidding. I have been wanting pipes just like these but haven't pulled the trigger. Always seems to be more then I want to spend when I look on ebay and especially new. I am very excited and can't wait to smoke this new tobacco in them.
    Why wait? I would be smoking them now!
    J.S.:
    Why wait? I would be smoking them now!
    Work and time buddy. I travel for work and there is no way I am taking these on the road with me. Too nice for that. When I am home I have a bunch of things to do with 5 kids and a honeydo list. I will make the time soon. I don't smoke in the house either.
    I know what you mean. I too have to travel and I tend take cigars with me more often than not. Kids keep me busy too and I promised the wife I would not smoke around them so I don't get as many smokes in as I would like especially during the summer.