Home General Discussion

Update!

New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
So, I just did the math. Today makes 100 days, cigarette free! It can still be a struggle, but the cigs are gone, the vape is at a super bare minimum.

Oh, and Im alive and well in Cali. I get some 3G a few times a day. Hope everyone is well.

Comments

• FireRobFireRob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭
    Miss ya man!!!
    Congrats on being Cig Free!!!!!!!!
    One of these days Ill give up the Skoal for good.
  • New_BootsNew_Boots Posts: 2,651 ✭✭
    A lot of guys here were very supportive, when this started a few months back. No tips on giving up the skoal. I tried it, nevwr got in to it.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made it 10 years without chewing in November. Decided I wanted to quit and did it, cold turkey. It's not easy, but the right mindset helped me.
    I thought I had it kicked to the curb. Broke my leg, had surgery and spent three days in the hospital (this made it easy/helpfull to quit) and four months later tried to take 3 kids under two years old on a 17 hour road trip to Chicago. They tested my strength and I failed. Pulled over to a gas station and bought one can. Was 100% back on the worm dirt by the end of the week.

Anyways enough about me, Keep checking in on us.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I chewed for 10 years...been clean for a year I miss it...less smell than cigars.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I missed the activity more than anything. Watching the game on tv didn't feel right for quite a while.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good going brother!
  • bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Congrats and don't let your guard down. It's easy to get back into it as many can attest. It took me about 4-5 tries. The last time I decided not to have the mindset of quitting, but challenging myself to see how long I could go without one.
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's great news Jay. Congrats on 100 days free of the little white devil sticks.
  • Tyland64Tyland64 Posts: 712
    Great job Brother. Keep the sand fleas away and be safe.
    Thanks guys, gives me more time to enjoy some fine sticks.
    Well, I should be home some time on the 7th. Almost done out here!
  • Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,004 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was just thinkin' about you yesterday. Been missing that high post count of yours. LOL. It'll be good to have you back Jay. Lookin' forward to your return.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Congrats bro on the huge milestone. Keep it up and head down to San Diego. You won't regret it.